The Bullets Discussion Thread!

tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Maybe some of these could be suitable :

posts.........: name

0-50..........: Out of the dark
50-100.......: Little White Dragon
100-200.....: Jade Tiger
200-300.....: Pedicab Driver
300-500.....: Flirting Scholar
500-1000...: King of Beggars
1000-2000.: Royal Tramp
2000+.......: Hail the judge !

There's a heavy Stephen Chow influence, I know ! :D
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

We now have 119 registered CHIMPS ! :D
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

right, well for now it looks like Tom and Bradavons poster title ideas will be getting implemented (not just because no-one else offered any ideas, they were good ideas to start with ;)).

Now, one thing we've been missing for far too long is a tag line. something to go across the top or under the title thats...well catchy. the reason for this is two fold, one it will appear on google and make is more inviting to random browsers and secondly it will replace the dud menu buttons for the time being in the header.

so once again, any ideas!!??

m.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Maybe if we had a MA star theme (for rankings) we could start off with all the Bruce clones, then evntually move up to the real Bruce :D Bruce Lee/Jackie would definitely indicate a high ranking, IMO.

:D
Or maybe a list of MA films that are most beloved by us including Bruce/JC classics through the years :D What order to put them in? Order of release?

I liked Jenz's old tagline - "We played Battle Royale - we all lost!"
:)
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

I liked Jenz's old tagline - "We played Battle Royale - we all lost!"
I've always loved that. That was the REAL BnB tagline.

We NEED this ! :D
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Would he allow us to use it though? :)
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Like it or not, WE are BnB now. :D
I'm sure he wouldn't mind.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

yes, to my knowledge there is no issue with using it and any other Bullets n Babes recognised features. We stepped very lightly around the issue when all this was restarted so as not to risk offending/annoying anyone, especially Jenz. But at the end of the day Jenz was disinterested at best, gave no instructions for us not to rebuild the site when asked about it and has not been heard of since on the subject. I think BnB of old is something Jenz will always be proud of but it is in his past and he has moved on to other, non internet things.

Plus though I've only ever met him once, he did buy me a pint.... 8)

m.
Image
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Yay ! I'm the King of Beggars ! :D
Thanks Mordib !

EDIT: And Romero is the only Royal Tramp :lol:
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

:lol:
I like the MA actors idea too though.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Yeah, me too. :)
Don't think we can have both, though.

Little White Dragon...Lam Ching-Ying...Pedicab Driver...Chuck Norris...King of Beggars... Jackie Chan... Nah, I just don't feel that actors names are compatible with movie titles.

+We would be fighting over what actor should be higher than another.
We'd probably end up with a "Jackie Chan vs Jet Li vs Bruce Lee vs Van Damme" wrestling match.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I meant one or the other :)
But yeah. I see what you mean - what order what we rank them in? Romero would want Van Damme at the top and everyone else would go for Bruce. Or Jackie. Or Sammo. Or...

:D :wink:

I liked Jenz's rankings - at the top there was "Jackie's No.1 stuntman" and "2 Gun Woo In Slo-Mo" :D
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

well it doesnt have to be fixed forever, hell it just took me 5 minutes to change them this time. i've just been doing a bit of spring cleaning as ive posted a few links up to this place today. ;)

m.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,
Just been talking to Brad about the rankings. Here's his idea:

How about Asian stars, 5 from each country - Korea, HK, Mainland China, Japan. No one knows any from Thailand.

Eg Malaysia - Michelle Yeoh.

:)
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

No one knows any from Thailand
Tony Jaa ? :D
How about Asian stars, 5 from each country
Y not ?
Here's my selection, pick the ones you like:

Korea:
Choi Min-Sik
Ryu Seung-Beom
Song Kang-Ho
Jeon Ji-Hyun
Kim Hee-Sun

HK
Tony Leung Chiu-Wai
Chow Yun-Fat
Jackie Chan
Michelle Yeoh (yeah I know she's not really from HK)
Maggie Cheung

China
Feng Xiaogang
Gong Li
Zhang Yimou
Hou Hsiao-hsien
Chen Kaige

Japan
Beat Takeshi
Takashi Miike
Ryuhei Kitamura
Aya ueto
tadanobu Asano

Just for the record: I kinda like the current rankings.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Apart from Tony Jaa :D ;)
brassmonkey001
Little White Dragon
Posts: 94
Joined: 15 Jan 2005, 23:27
Location: On a steam powered oversized calculator.

Post by brassmonkey001 »

Why not have puddings? The more the postings, the more delicious the pudding, culminating in tiramisu obviously. :D

Mind you, I quite like being little white dragon.
[serious mode]I don't like the idea of actors names.[/serious mode]
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:Would he allow us to use it though? :)
A: I seriously doubt he'd mind. He offered to give his reviews to anyone who wants to post them.
B: I don't believe he copyrighted it.
Tom2681 wrote:We now have 119 registered CHIMPS ! :D
That doesn't mean squat when only 20 or so post regularly.
Mordib wrote:right, well for now it looks like Tom and Bradavons poster title ideas will be getting implemented (not just because no-one else offered any ideas, they were good ideas to start with ;)).
You're going to use both?

No offence Tom but I don't like your idea. I've not seen any of Stephen Chow's work and am in no rush to do so really + it's kinda dull to only concentrate on one actor.
grim_tales wrote:I liked Jenz's old tagline - "We played Battle Royale - we all lost!"
:)
Me to. I say use use for now until a new snazzy one can be thought of.
Mordib wrote:Plus though I've only ever met him once, he did buy me a pint.... 8)
How so? Do you live near him? How old is he? Is he a nice guy in person?
grim_tales wrote:I liked Jenz's rankings - at the top there was "Jackie's No.1 stuntman" and "2 Gun Woo In Slo-Mo" :D
Hmm. My feeling is we shouldn't emulate Old Bullets to much.

We've kept the name (compulsory), the logo and pretty much the house style. To much is not a good idea.
Tom2681 wrote:Michelle Yeoh (yeah I know she's not really from HK)
Hence open it up and include Malaysia.

Thailand:

Tony Jaa
Dan Chupong (Born to Fight)
Just for the record: I kinda like the current rankings.
Which are what exactly?
brassmonkey001 wrote:Why not have puddings? The more the postings, the more delicious the pudding, culminating in tiramisu obviously. :D
:D

Nah it has to be Profeta (sp?) Rolls at the top!
brassmonkey001 wrote:[serious mode]I don't like the idea of actors names.[/serious mode]
Why out of interest?
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 15:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

-We now have 119 registered CHIMPS !
-That doesn't mean squat when only 20 or so post regularly.
Alright, I'll repeat it because you're focusing on the wrong part of the sentence:
We now have 120 registered --> " CHIMPS " <-- :D
No offence Tom but I don't like your idea.
None taken. I just feel that these movie titles are self-explanatory enough (Flirting Scholar, King of Beggars, Royal tramp,etc...)
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Wheres the BnB tagline then? ;)

More people seem to be posting this evening :D Good stuff.
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

i have something special being prepared right now... ;) oh and the tagline can only be found at the moment on the front page...
Image
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Nice to see that those button that don't do anything have been removed.
Mordib
King of Beggars
Posts: 673
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 12:25
Location: Irn Bru

Post by Mordib »

yep, i tried for a few weekes to get enough content to make use of them but it all came to nothing, so theyre gone again (though the cms is still sitting in the background...)
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

YAY! We got a new user! :D
Now whether they actually post is another matter.. ;) To be fair, not *every* user on Old Bullets ever posted, did they?
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22165
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

We now have 314 registered CHIMPS!

Woo-Hoo! :D