The off-topic topic

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Post Reply
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

My insurance covers most of the damages inflicted by the boiler.
The boiler itself isn't faulty. It was an old rusty 15-year old thing that was bound to stop working one day or the other. I just wasn't expecting it to blow up (and take half the basement with it). :D
You're not the most lucky guy in the world, are ya?
You got that right.

Last week I bought a new motherboard, new cpu and new RAM for my PC.
I wanted to install them today.
Guess where I put them yesterday when they arrived. :lol:

Yep, on the floor right next to the boiler.

I mean... what are the odds ?
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

tom2681 wrote:My insurance covers most of the damages inflicted by the boiler.
The boiler itself isn't faulty. It was an old rusty 15-year old thing that was bound to stop working one day or the other. I just wasn't expecting it to blow up (and take half the basement with it). :D
You're not the most lucky guy in the world, are ya?
You got that right.

Last week I bought a new motherboard, new cpu and new RAM for my PC.
I wanted to install them today.
Guess where I put them yesterday when they arrived. :lol:

Yep, on the floor right next to the boiler.

I mean... what are the odds ?
Pretty high, when you're Tom2681 I guess... ;)

Man that just sucks so bad...
So how are the cats? You slept through the explosion, but are they traumatised or what?
Good thing the insurance will cover most of the damages, although I doubt they'll believe the new RAM, CPU and motherboard story ;)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

The cats don't know a thing.
They were a bit surprised when they found out that there's an ocean under the house, but they're fine.
Pretty high, when you're Tom2681 I guess...
Maybe I should play the lottery... to see if it works both ways.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

As long as the cats are safe that's the main thing.... and you too Tom. :D
Image
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 22:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

grim_tales wrote:Had a slight shock today... :oops:
I heard from her boyfriend that it seems Sarah may have to have to leave the country and go back to South Africa (?) if she doesn't renew her visa, or get a new one (or something like that). :? :(
What was the outcome of this btw?
Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

BiscLimpkit wrote:what was the outcome of this btw?
Grim is now stalking in S. Africa. :D
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

:D

She must have got her visa sorted out, she's still here :)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

Maybe her boyfriend was just being an asshole cause maybe he knows about your feelings for her?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Yeah, kick his ass! :D
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Actually Yi, that did cross my mind.. and I thought "Why doesn't Sarah tell me that?" I don't know :?

:D @ Mark
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 22:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Ugh I'm on call this week and was asked to come into work at 4am this morning (Sunday). That's what happens if you're an engineer in the oil & offshore industry. :cry:
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Has anyone had Green & Blacks chocolate? Their milk chocolate (and milk choc with butterscotch pieces) is really quite delicious :D It has a really strong "chocolatey" flavor, great :)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

grim_tales wrote:Has anyone had Green & Blacks chocolate? Their milk chocolate (and milk choc with butterscotch pieces) is really quite delicious :D It has a really strong "chocolatey" flavor, great :)
Chocolate with a 'chocolately flavor'!?


.... Wow... what will they think of next !? (!) :P
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

:D You know what I mean - some chocolate has an "artificial" taste to it :P
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Grrr... my ITMFL disc doesnt work very well anymore - no longers plays fine - skips/judders etc :evil: I've mailed Pacific and asked if I can have a replacement :? Its cutting it fine though.
Not buying it again, at least not yet :x Maybe I should have gone with the Tartan after all.
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

In HMV today, i was at the checkout with a girl from class, and this guy comes in and asks the cashier "do you buy/sell porn" when he was told no, he asked if they knew where....the cashier shouts at the top of his voice "HEY GUY! do you you know where they buy and sell porn? this guy here wants to know" man we were nearly died, trying not to laugh, once he left we burst into fits of laughter. felt so sorry for him, he shrunk like 2ft but man if hes trying to sell porn, he deserves it, it was too funny. mean, but funny.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

:lol:
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

A classic Woody Allen moment.
Image
the68monkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1444
Joined: 09 Apr 2005, 04:12
Location: Eastern United States

Post by the68monkey »

Hey Kurgan! I just noticed in a recent post of yours that Three Dog Night's "One" is #3 on your playlist! :mrgreen: Wow, that song jolts me back to childhood like no other! I'll always remember my big sister and her friends listening to Three Dog Night albums in her room, door closed, suspicious smoke and incense smells coming out from under the door. :lol:

Me: "Whatcha doin' in there?"
Big Sis: "Nothing, go back to watching Bonanza."
:P

I thought Cory Wells was so hip back then. :D

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
Two can be as bad as one, it's the loneliest number since the number one

NUMBER
One is the loneliest
NUMBER
One is the loneliest
NUMBER
One is the loneliest number that you'll ever dooooooooo. . . .
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
Kurgan
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1740
Joined: 10 Nov 2004, 11:29
Location: Dewsbury, UK

Post by Kurgan »

"Go back to watching Bonanza." :lol: They should've used that as their cover story for the fumes; "Yeah, we're just making smoke signals. We're big fans of Westerns!" :D

I can't profess to being any kind of huge fan of the band unfortunately, but the way that song just builds and builds to that outstanding crescendo... man, I just can't help but singing along! :lol:

Oh, and Happy Easter all :)
Image
User avatar
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1279
Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52

Post by brooce-leroy »

Wahey, took my practical driving test yesterday afternoon and passed with 3 minor faults. And I didn't even have to resort to sexual favours.

I had actually failed a few times before. I became fed up of it, so last summer I bought a car so I could get regular driving experience, rather than go out in the instructor's car a couple of hours a week (which wasn't working). I started driving regularily until I was satisfied that I would definitely pass. I actually left it longer than I intended, but I put in for it last week, and did it yesterday.

I was still a little apprehensive when I returned to the test centre, but it turned out sweet in the end. :D
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

brooce-leroy wrote:And I didn't even have to resort to sexual favours.
No, those you did for fun. 8)
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Congrats Bruce 8)
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

Lost my dad today.
No family whatsoever now (except for a couple of distant cousins).

Gonna take a few days off if you guys don't mind.
Kinda feel like being alone right now.

Need to think about a few things.
See you around.
User avatar
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1279
Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52

Post by brooce-leroy »

Sorry to hear that Tom. Take as much time as you need.
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
Post Reply