Page 61 of 152
Posted: 08 Mar 2007, 15:09
by tom2681
My insurance covers most of the damages inflicted by the boiler.
The boiler itself isn't faulty. It was an old rusty 15-year old thing that was bound to stop working one day or the other. I just wasn't expecting it to blow up (and take half the basement with it).
You're not the most lucky guy in the world, are ya?
You got that right.
Last week I bought a new motherboard, new cpu and new RAM for my PC.
I wanted to install them today.
Guess where I put them yesterday when they arrived.
Yep, on the floor right next to the boiler.
I mean... what are the odds ?
Posted: 08 Mar 2007, 15:35
by Yi-Long
tom2681 wrote:My insurance covers most of the damages inflicted by the boiler.
The boiler itself isn't faulty. It was an old rusty 15-year old thing that was bound to stop working one day or the other. I just wasn't expecting it to blow up (and take half the basement with it).
You're not the most lucky guy in the world, are ya?
You got that right.
Last week I bought a new motherboard, new cpu and new RAM for my PC.
I wanted to install them today.
Guess where I put them yesterday when they arrived.
Yep, on the floor right next to the boiler.
I mean... what are the odds ?
Pretty high, when you're Tom2681 I guess...
Man that just sucks so bad...
So how are the cats? You slept through the explosion, but are they traumatised or what?
Good thing the insurance will cover most of the damages, although I doubt they'll believe the new RAM, CPU and motherboard story

Posted: 08 Mar 2007, 16:43
by tom2681
The cats don't know a thing.
They were a bit surprised when they found out that there's an ocean under the house, but they're fine.
Pretty high, when you're Tom2681 I guess...
Maybe I should play the lottery... to see if it works both ways.
Posted: 08 Mar 2007, 22:22
by Markgway
As long as the cats are safe that's the main thing.... and you too Tom.

Posted: 08 Mar 2007, 22:50
by BiscLimpkit
grim_tales wrote:Had a slight shock today...
I heard from her boyfriend that it seems Sarah may have to have to leave the country and go back to South Africa (?) if she doesn't renew her visa, or get a new one (or something like that).

What was the outcome of this btw?
Posted: 09 Mar 2007, 00:16
by Markgway
BiscLimpkit wrote:what was the outcome of this btw?
Grim is now stalking in S. Africa.

Posted: 09 Mar 2007, 10:41
by grim_tales
She must have got her visa sorted out, she's still here

Posted: 09 Mar 2007, 11:08
by Yi-Long
Maybe her boyfriend was just being an asshole cause maybe he knows about your feelings for her?
Posted: 09 Mar 2007, 11:35
by Markgway
Yeah, kick his ass!

Posted: 09 Mar 2007, 12:13
by grim_tales
Actually Yi, that did cross my mind.. and I thought "Why doesn't Sarah tell me that?" I don't know

@ Mark
Posted: 11 Mar 2007, 10:46
by BiscLimpkit
Ugh I'm on call this week and was asked to come into work at 4am this morning (Sunday). That's what happens if you're an engineer in the oil & offshore industry.

Posted: 12 Mar 2007, 21:40
by grim_tales
Has anyone had Green & Blacks chocolate? Their milk chocolate (and milk choc with butterscotch pieces) is really quite delicious

It has a really strong "chocolatey" flavor, great

Posted: 13 Mar 2007, 00:45
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:Has anyone had Green & Blacks chocolate? Their milk chocolate (and milk choc with butterscotch pieces) is really quite delicious

It has a really strong "chocolatey" flavor, great

Chocolate with a 'chocolately flavor'!?
.... Wow... what will they think of next !? (!)

Posted: 13 Mar 2007, 08:57
by grim_tales

You know what I mean - some chocolate has an "artificial" taste to it

Posted: 13 Mar 2007, 10:56
by grim_tales
Grrr... my ITMFL disc doesnt work very well anymore - no longers plays fine - skips/judders etc

I've mailed Pacific and asked if I can have a replacement

Its cutting it fine though.
Not buying it again, at least not yet :x Maybe I should have gone with the Tartan after all.
Posted: 20 Mar 2007, 17:40
by Shen
In HMV today, i was at the checkout with a girl from class, and this guy comes in and asks the cashier "do you buy/sell porn" when he was told no, he asked if they knew where....the cashier shouts at the top of his voice "HEY GUY! do you you know where they buy and sell porn? this guy here wants to know" man we were nearly died, trying not to laugh, once he left we burst into fits of laughter. felt so sorry for him, he shrunk like 2ft but man if hes trying to sell porn, he deserves it, it was too funny. mean, but funny.
Posted: 20 Mar 2007, 17:47
by grim_tales
Posted: 20 Mar 2007, 18:16
by Markgway
A classic Woody Allen moment.
Posted: 08 Apr 2007, 01:10
by the68monkey
Hey Kurgan! I just noticed in a recent post of yours that Three Dog Night's "One" is #3 on your playlist! :mrgreen: Wow, that song jolts me back to childhood like no other! I'll always remember my big sister and her friends listening to Three Dog Night albums in her room, door closed, suspicious smoke and incense smells coming out from under the door.
Me: "Whatcha doin' in there?"
Big Sis: "Nothing, go back to watching Bonanza."
I thought Cory Wells was so hip back then.
One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do
Two can be as bad as one, it's the loneliest number since the number one
NUMBER
One is the loneliest
NUMBER
One is the loneliest
NUMBER
One is the loneliest number that you'll ever dooooooooo. . . .
Posted: 08 Apr 2007, 08:58
by Kurgan
"Go back to watching Bonanza."

They should've used that as their cover story for the fumes; "Yeah, we're just making smoke signals. We're big fans of Westerns!"
I can't profess to being any kind of huge fan of the band unfortunately, but the way that song just builds and builds to that outstanding crescendo... man, I just can't help but singing along!
Oh, and Happy Easter all

Posted: 21 Apr 2007, 01:22
by brooce-leroy
Wahey, took my practical driving test yesterday afternoon and passed with 3 minor faults. And I didn't even have to resort to sexual favours.
I had actually failed a few times before. I became fed up of it, so last summer I bought a car so I could get regular driving experience, rather than go out in the instructor's car a couple of hours a week (which wasn't working). I started driving regularily until I was satisfied that I would definitely pass. I actually left it longer than I intended, but I put in for it last week, and did it yesterday.
I was still a little apprehensive when I returned to the test centre, but it turned out sweet in the end.

Posted: 21 Apr 2007, 02:39
by Markgway
brooce-leroy wrote:And I didn't even have to resort to sexual favours.
No, those you did for fun. 8)
Posted: 21 Apr 2007, 09:51
by grim_tales
Congrats Bruce 8)
Posted: 21 Apr 2007, 12:38
by tom2681
Lost my dad today.
No family whatsoever now (except for a couple of distant cousins).
Gonna take a few days off if you guys don't mind.
Kinda feel like being alone right now.
Need to think about a few things.
See you around.
Posted: 21 Apr 2007, 13:49
by brooce-leroy
Sorry to hear that Tom. Take as much time as you need.