Page 64 of 152
Posted: 11 Jun 2007, 15:46
by grim_tales
I gave her my email, just gotta wait for one now (she said she'd send one), hopefully when I get back from holiday.
And BTW I didnt say I was interested in *that* way

I said "I'll miss you" and she said the same thing, as I was the first person she met when she came there.
The email thing came up as I told her I was going on holiday so could send her a card, and that was when she told me she was leaving.
Posted: 11 Jun 2007, 16:59
by Markgway
grim_tales wrote:I gave her my email
That's not the same as her giving you
her address.
It leaves it open for her to choose when to mail you -
or not?
If she wanted you to mail she would definately have provided you with an address (everyone knows their's off by heart). It shows immediate interest and willingness to communicate.
It's unlikely she would be rude enough to refuse to take your address. Most people (men and women) prefer to quietly let the other party down and not always face-to-face. It's easier to just
do nothing.
And BTW I didnt say I was interested in *that* way

No, but you are...

Posted: 11 Jun 2007, 17:11
by thelostdragon
Had a bad experience that scared you for life, Mark?
Posted: 11 Jun 2007, 17:21
by grim_tales
@ Mark: I'm not

I'm not getting my hopes up (honest

), all she said was she'd send me one first, then I'd have her email

Also Mark I didnt say "meet" I said "see" - "Will I.. see you again?" - ie if she dropped in again - and she said she didnt know, I didn't mean a moonlit walk
I do like her though in that she's a nice person

Posted: 11 Jun 2007, 23:20
by Markgway
thelostdragon wrote:Had a bad experience that scared you for life, Mark?
Lol. Scarred? No.
But it has happened to me so I do know what I'm talking about.
If she gives Grim her mail address I'll be amazed.
Posted: 11 Jun 2007, 23:22
by Markgway
grim_tales wrote:@ Mark: I'm not

I believe you..........
all she said was she'd send me one first, then I'd have her email

Read between the lines.
I do like her though in that she's a nice person

I hope for your sake you make a new friend... I'm maybe just a cynic?
Posted: 19 Jun 2007, 19:56
by grim_tales
You're a cynic
Well I dunno.. she said she'd miss me as well (when I said I'd miss her), I'll see if a mail turns up or not.

Posted: 19 Jun 2007, 20:08
by grim_tales
I got back from holiday today (Crete) - I enjoyed it

It was VERY HOT, good food, I went swimming a few times

Didnt meet anyone (girls) though

Posted: 19 Jun 2007, 21:13
by BiscLimpkit
Sounds like a complete waste of time imo.

Posted: 20 Jun 2007, 00:44
by Markgway
grim_tales wrote:Didnt meet anyone (girls) though


Posted: 20 Jun 2007, 01:27
by Yi-Long
I think it's always hard to meet girls when you're with your parents, cause I doubt you really went out much on your own, into the nightlife, did you?
TBH, I think 'searching' for women, or being desperate, is never the right way to go. First of all it will mean you will settle for less, and 2nd of all most women seem to be able to reek the desperation.
You should just lead your own life, and dont think of 'not having a GF' as something you are missing. Women can sense you 'need' them to fullfill your own life, and that kind of responsibilty will drive them away. They dont want to be an integral part of somebody's life, untill it gets serious.
So just do stuff you enjoy, hang with friends, go to movies, and just treat women like normal human beings instead of potential girlfriends.
Personally, I talk to women in pretty much the same manner as I talk to guys. I'm just open, upfront and direct, and I dont censor myself much around either. I dont have a 'dirty' mouth when I'm around guys, and I dont have a suck-up mouth when I'm around girls.
And if a girl likes me, she likes me and that's great. And if she doesnt than tough luck.
Just relax a bit, Grim. Dont make it into such an issue. Just think of the positives (like how strong your right forearm is becoming

).
Having a girlfriend is great (most of the time), and I'm not going to deny that. Especially when it's really and truly love and friendship combined. But as with everything, there are also downsides, like added responsibilty, a lot more nagging, pretty expensive holidays (you have to buy her family gifts for Xmas and birthdays etc), you'll miss matches and movies cause she has made arrangements to go someplace, etc etc. Plus watching porn is suddenly a huge 'no-no', so just count your blessings while you still can, man
edit: Also... IF you hope to meet chicks while on your vacation, for Gawd's sake, dont go to CRETE, famous GAY-vacation destination, with your PARENTS, man!
Posted: 20 Jun 2007, 08:07
by grim_tales
Yi-Long wrote:I think it's always hard to meet girls when you're with your parents, cause I doubt you really went out much on your own, into the nightlife, did you?
TBH, I think 'searching' for women, or being desperate, is never the right way to go. First of all it will mean you will settle for less, and 2nd of all most women seem to be able to reek the desperation.
You should just lead your own life, and dont think of 'not having a GF' as something you are missing. Women can sense you 'need' them to fullfill your own life, and that kind of responsibilty will drive them away. They dont want to be an integral part of somebody's life, untill it gets serious.
So just do stuff you enjoy, hang with friends, go to movies, and just treat women like normal human beings instead of potential girlfriends.
Personally, I talk to women in pretty much the same manner as I talk to guys. I'm just open, upfront and direct, and I dont censor myself much around either. I dont have a 'dirty' mouth when I'm around guys, and I dont have a suck-up mouth when I'm around girls.
And if a girl likes me, she likes me and that's great. And if she doesnt than tough luck.
Just relax a bit, Grim. Dont make it into such an issue. Just think of the positives (like how strong your right forearm is becoming

).
Having a girlfriend is great (most of the time), and I'm not going to deny that. Especially when it's really and truly love and friendship combined. But as with everything, there are also downsides, like added responsibilty, a lot more nagging, pretty expensive holidays (you have to buy her family gifts for Xmas and birthdays etc), you'll miss matches and movies cause she has made arrangements to go someplace, etc etc. Plus watching porn is suddenly a huge 'no-no', so just count your blessings while you still can, man
edit: Also... IF you hope to meet chicks while on your vacation, for Gawd's sake, dont go to CRETE, famous GAY-vacation destination, with your PARENTS, man!

You're probably right.
I've never actively "searched" for women AFAIK, all the girls I've met, Sarah, Lin etc were just "there" you know?
Mark why the exclaimation point? I meant I didnt make any friends there.
Posted: 20 Jun 2007, 17:28
by Markgway
I thought you meant you literally didn't meet any girls as in it was all blokes. No shame in not getting laid on holiday. Just chill and the right girl will come along eventually.
Posted: 20 Jun 2007, 17:30
by grim_tales

Oh I see.
This is classic Grim behavior of mine isnt it?

Posted: 20 Jun 2007, 17:34
by Markgway
Nah, it was my fault for taking your post too literally.
Posted: 20 Jun 2007, 17:41
by grim_tales
No worries.
I don't see a girl and think "I want to get laid"

I wanted to have a good friendship I guess (and actually did, with 2 Japanese girls)

One of them recently mailed me again.
Time will tell with this new girl

Posted: 20 Jun 2007, 17:55
by Markgway
I used to think sex and relationships were intrinsicly connected but they're not. The two have little in common. You can have sex without emotion other than lust. You don't even need to know someone to want to have sex with them - it's all about the visuals. But you do need to know someone to want to be in a relationship. There's casual sex (purely for fun) and relationship sex (deeper meaning).
Posted: 20 Jun 2007, 20:15
by grim_tales
Congrats on the 7000th post 8)
Well, in that case I know Izumi and Tomomi well, we got on very nice together, they both had boyfriends though. The more you know someone, the more attractive you find them. Lin (for eg) was my friend, maybe thats why I wound up thinking I'd fallen for her?
Posted: 22 Jun 2007, 09:37
by grim_tales
No email yet

She might drop in at the shop 1 day though.
Posted: 22 Jun 2007, 11:08
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:Congrats on the 7000th post 8)
Well, in that case I know Izumi and Tomomi well, we got on very nice together, they both had boyfriends though. The more you know someone, the more attractive you find them. Lin (for eg) was my friend, maybe thats why I wound up thinking I'd fallen for her?
I know. Friendship is easy to mistake for 'a crush' or even 'love'.
When you like a girl, both mentally as well as physically, I think there is always that feeling 'maybe this would work, romantically'.
I dont really know if this is just me and Grim, or that all boys feel that way. And maybe even girls feel that way. But when you like a person on all levels, it's easy to start feeling more then just friendship.
Posted: 24 Jun 2007, 14:20
by grim_tales
@ Mark:
Prepare to be amazed as I've just gotten a mail from her.
Posted: 24 Jun 2007, 15:15
by thelostdragon
Posted: 24 Jun 2007, 18:30
by grim_tales
Now will she reply to my reply... I play the Waiting Game.......
The Waiting Game sucks, I'd rather play on my DS

Posted: 24 Jun 2007, 21:33
by Kurgan
Either that, or Hungry Hungry Hippos

Posted: 24 Jun 2007, 23:27
by Markgway
grim_tales wrote:
Prepare to be amazed as I've just gotten a mail from her.
And it didn't mention anything about a restraining order?
Lol, seriously, that's cool.
I hope she keeps in touch.
