Page 65 of 78

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 06 Jul 2012, 22:50
by grim_tales
As for LWAC, I wont order until more concrete specs appear but as it stands $40 is a good price for 6 films.

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 07 Jul 2012, 03:15
by Markgway
grim_tales wrote:but as it stands $40 is a good price for 6 films.
Not if four of them are on one disc... :P

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 08 Jul 2012, 11:24
by grim_tales
The LWAC specs havent been announced yet. Just because Shogun Assassin was on 2 discs doesnt mean LWAC will be.

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 09 Jul 2012, 19:25
by saltysam
grim_tales wrote:The LWAC specs havent been announced yet. Just because Shogun Assassin was on 2 discs doesnt mean LWAC will be.
The list price for Animego's dvd box set was $149.99..it's currently $97.49 on Amazon..the blu-ray set has a list of $59.99 and amazon are currently doing pre-orders for $41.99...and are saying 2 discs...Shogun Assassin set had a listing of $89.99 and is selling for $40.94..it's on 2 discs though amazon say 5 :icon_suspect: if it's on more than 2 discs and judging by their rrp's then that amazon listing is wrong and the corrected price will be up soon..if i were you i'd pre-order,you can always cancel when you hear the specs..oh and btw have you seen how much it is here :cool:

http://www.importcds.com/Movies/2426420 ... on-Blu-Ray

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 11:59
by grim_tales
:o Thats a fantastic price. Thanks for posting :)
I'll think I pre order at Amazon, I dont have an account with Import CDs.
I ordered from Amazon to see what happens - that ImportCDs price is insane - shipping could be more expensive though, do they count (say) a 2 BD set as 2 items?

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 10 Jul 2012, 16:39
by saltysam
grim_tales wrote: I'll think I pre order at Amazon, I dont have an account with Import CDs.
I ordered from Amazon to see what happens
you'd sooner pay $13 more at Amazon because you won't spend 2 minutes setting up an account at importcds? :? --
grim_tales wrote:shipping could be more expensive though, do they count (say) a 2 BD set as 2 items?
i did a test order for a 13 disc Deadwood set which is huge..$9 shipping to the uk.Still a helluva lot cheaper than your amazon option.

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 11 Jul 2012, 16:41
by grim_tales
I cant add it to my cart on ImportCDs or do you need to log in? It says "Notify me when in stock", so I cant actually Pre Order with them, seems daft imo :?

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 13:24
by grim_tales
I made an account with them, logged in and still cant add it to my cart :?

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 15:27
by saltysam
grim_tales wrote:I made an account with them, logged in and still cant add it to my cart :?
apparently you can only add things to the cart around 4-6 weeks before release..though the price doesn't change allegedly.weird system but hey ho

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 15:36
by saltysam
A new Bruce Lee documentary coming to blu-ray...i've lost count of these but apparently this one is supposed to be decent.Even getting a limited cinema release :o

http://film.thedigitalfix.com/content/i ... -july.html

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 16:29
by Keung
A bunch of celebrities nobody gives a fuck about telling us how he inspired them to do things nobody gives a fuck about. Brilliant! Shannon Lee is a money grabbing whore.

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 12 Jul 2012, 17:04
by grim_tales
saltysam wrote:
grim_tales wrote:I made an account with them, logged in and still cant add it to my cart :?
apparently you can only add things to the cart around 4-6 weeks before release..though the price doesn't change allegedly.weird system but hey ho
Thanks :) I'll wait til then and then cancel with Amazon in that case.

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 13 Jul 2012, 02:42
by Markgway
Keung wrote:A bunch of celebrities nobody gives a fuck about telling us how he inspired them to do things nobody gives a fuck about. Brilliant! Shannon Lee is a money grabbing whore.
I wonder if they'll put that on the poster? :P

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 08 Aug 2012, 12:13
by grim_tales
Bugger, now the price has gone up for LWAC - still cheaper than Amazon mind ($31.49 now). I hope its still that price by next week.
I still dont see the point of a cheap price if you cant actually pre order it at that price.

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 09 Aug 2012, 12:06
by HungFist
How is the audio on the Long Arm of the Law HK BD?

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 09 Aug 2012, 19:46
by Xenon
Cantonese 7.1 / 48 kHz / 24-bit (AC3 Embedded: 5.1-EX / 48 kHz / 640 kbps)
Mandarin 5.1-EX / 48 kHz / 640 kbps

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 10 Aug 2012, 03:26
by HungFist
I know what the specifications are, I'm asking if the tracks are as crap as usual.

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 10 Aug 2012, 14:55
by Markgway
HungFist wrote:I know what the specifications are, I'm asking if the tracks are as crap as usual.
I think the specs give that one away.

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 10 Aug 2012, 15:12
by HungFist
I know, I know... But I think I heard somewhere that the BD mixes in general might be less terrible than what used to be on the DVDs. But I don't have any confirmation for this.

Is there any passable dvd edition available? Been wanting to see the film for a long time.

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 11 Aug 2012, 04:40
by Markgway
HungFist wrote:But I think I heard somewhere that the BD mixes in general might be less terrible than what used to be on the DVDs. But I don't have any confirmation for this.
I haven't heard that. Seems unlikely to be honest.
Is there any passable dvd edition available? Been wanting to see the film for a long time.
The Joy Sales DVD (Fortune Star remaster) should be passable, but I haven't seen it myself. It apparently contains the original Cantonese mono, but you'd need to check to be sure.

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 11 Aug 2012, 16:53
by HungFist
thanks

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 11 Aug 2012, 18:21
by Marshall
Keung wrote:A bunch of celebrities nobody gives a fuck about telling us how he inspired them to do things nobody gives a fuck about. Brilliant! Shannon Lee is a money grabbing whore.
Please forgive my abject ignorance, but what is that photo from?

Edit: clarification--your signature pic--what is it from?

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 19 Aug 2012, 10:59
by drees5761
Interesting new Bruce Lee Blu ray releases in Japan later this year. It looks like you will have the option of 4 dub tracks, Mandarin / Cantonese / English Dubbed / Japanese dub. Also it says Japanese theatrical version, which could be interesting because these have a different music track..see here for details....http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=203248

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 19 Aug 2012, 11:25
by grim_tales
Reading about them on the forums - they look interesting.. I've never seen the "Japanese theatrical versions" before or Fist of Fury's Mandarin trailer.
I already have about 4 DVDs of The Big Boss though - will it be the uncut Mandarin print? (kidding) :P
Might get BOSS and FIST.

Re: Asian Movies in HD!

Posted: 19 Aug 2012, 14:10
by bradavon
grim_tales wrote:Reading about them on the forums - they look interesting.. I've never seen the "Japanese theatrical versions" before or Fist of Fury's Mandarin trailer.
That's a tongue twister, no English subs :(. I bet they're properly remastered this time too.