Page 66 of 110
Posted: 12 Dec 2008, 19:29
by saltysam
French Connection 1 & 2 blu-ray box set £15.98 delivered
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... telinth-21
This has only just come out and is a real bargain.first movie is superb and the 2nd one is very good as well imo.region-free as well i believe.i've ordered. #edit# looks like bargain over already

Posted: 12 Dec 2008, 20:37
by bradavon
Bollocks

. I would've so ordered this. I've been meaning to see these for years.
How do you know it's region free?
Posted: 12 Dec 2008, 20:59
by saltysam
http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b
only the first one confirmed but i'd be amazed if they locked the 2nd one if they haven't bothered with the first
Posted: 12 Dec 2008, 21:19
by bradavon
Thanks. I'm so getting this.
The cheapest I can find it now is £27:
http://www.thehut.com/hut/9999279.product
Posted: 19 Dec 2008, 12:22
by saltysam
dvdworldusa clearance blu-rays- usa release of the Shining at £9.99 seems decent.
http://www.dvdworldusa.com/clearance.asp
Posted: 19 Dec 2008, 22:27
by bradavon
Reservoir Dogs Region A £8.99 -
http://www.movietyme.com/catalog/produc ... s_id=35210
Pretty good price. The UK Region B has much more extras though but the same encode.
Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 06:15
by Markgway
UK has that stupid petrol tin packaging.
Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 12:34
by bradavon
You're the only one I've heard of who dislikes it. Have you seen it btw?
It's not like other LE stuff where it doesn't fit properly on a shelf. It's only marginlly thicker than a normal case and fits perfectly fine in a DVD rack, presuming they didn't change the shape, other than making it smaller for BD.
The USA BD does have very few extras. I imagine Lionsgate UK will retire the LE packaging at some point.
I was tempted by this but am going to wait for the UK one to go down in price. It is a better release.
2001 is £11.99

. Why?
If it was £9.99 I'd go for it, for sure.
Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 12:38
by saltysam
thought you didn't care about extras anymore?
Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 12:40
by bradavon
I don't "overall" but I'm allowed exceptions

. The extras on the USA BD look piss poor that's all.
Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 13:02
by saltysam
they are piss poor but as there isn't a cat's chance in hell of me ever watching them,i'm not arsed

Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 13:57
by bradavon
You have a point

.
Part me of also dislikes giving up extras I have on DVD for the BD. I certainly don't care about always retaining extras or retaining all of them but the USA BD is basically barebones.
If it had for example just a single commentary I'd be a lot less bothered.
Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 22:58
by Markgway
bradavon wrote:You're the only one I've heard of who dislikes it.
Really? Seems obviously naff and crass to me. But then I've never been into geeky collector's packaging gimmicks.
Have you seen it btw?
The film or the tin?
Yes to both. 8)
It's not like other LE stuff where it doesn't fit properly on a shelf. It's only marginlly thicker than a normal case and fits perfectly fine in a DVD rack, presuming they didn't change the shape, other than making it smaller for BD.
I think it's aesthetically displeasing. I mean who needs a metal handle ontop of their BD case?
The USA BD does have very few extras. I imagine Lionsgate UK will retire the LE packaging at some point.
Is that also a tin? I'm sure I saw the Lionsgate advertised online somewhere and it looked like a regular BD case.
Posted: 27 Dec 2008, 18:40
by saltysam
The Lionsgate R.Dogs BD is in a plain blu-ray case.
Die Hard 4.0 uncut 2-disc £5
http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/asd ... 27.product
Posted: 27 Dec 2008, 23:05
by bradavon
I saw the UK BD the other day (for a whopping £25 in HMV) and unlike the USA DVD case the Tin lid actually fits on now

.
Posted: 23 Jan 2009, 22:03
by saltysam
Posted: 23 Jan 2009, 23:05
by bradavon
Crikey that's a good price. It's also £9.91 at BlahDVD (who own DVD.co.uk):
http://www.blahdvd.com/DVD/Chocolate-Bl ... roduct.htm
I'm tempted but am unsure I'll like it. Also (both released Monday):
Ashes of Time Redux BD:
£12.89 -
http://www.sendit.com/sendit/10018876.product
£12.93 -
http://www.thehut.com/hut/10018876.product
£12.99 -
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=912109
Chungking Express BD:
£12.89 -
http://www.sendit.com/sendit/10018875.product
£12.93 -
http://www.thehut.com/hut/10018875.product
£12.99 -
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=912237
The BD prices are only a couple of quid more than the DVD prices. Those are super prices for such new titles, especially Chungking Express compared to the expensive Criterion. I've wanted to see Ashes of Time Redux for months (not shown in my cinema grrr).
I reckon I'll pre-order Ashes of Time: Redux (in case the price goes up) but will wait to see a comparison between the Criterion and Artificial Eye Chungking Express, the Criterion only has a commentary and 12 minute featurette.
AFAIK no site has mentioned the extras for the Artificial Eye BDs.
p.s - Sony USA is only releasing Ashes of Time Redux on DVD btw, awful cover art too.
Posted: 04 Feb 2009, 18:57
by saltysam
Asda blu-rays £8.93 & £9.93
Mostly the usual stuff but worth a look
http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/asd ... geNumber=1
Posted: 14 Feb 2009, 19:14
by saltysam
Market guy by me has started getting blu-rays,very hit and miss in what he gets though.what i could remember he had (sealed and new) Casino Royale deluxe £8, Starship Troopers 3 £8, Iron Man £9.99,Dark Knight £12,Wall-E £9.99,Kung Fu Panda £9.99,Adulthood £9.99,One Missed Call £8,Narnia £9.99. I bought this to watch and then trade on
posted these bargains on another forum and was met with a bit of ridicule,in essence most posters reckoned Market-Liverpool-Scousers-Bootleg

Posted: 14 Feb 2009, 22:38
by Markgway
I think it's outrageous the way people stereotype scousers...

Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 14:09
by romerojpg
saltysam wrote: I bought this to watch and then trade on
You may love it and keep it

Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 14:11
by bradavon
Casino Royale Deluxe for £8 is a very good price.
Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 15:28
by saltysam
bradavon wrote:
Casino Royale Deluxe for £8 is a very good price.
yep,he had a few as well,sealed with slipcase.it's cut though isn't it?i have the sony ps3 freebie.
Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 15:31
by saltysam
Markgway wrote:I think it's outrageous the way people stereotype scousers...

i wear that wig and tache when i go to Anfield.can you spot me

Posted: 15 Feb 2009, 15:32
by romerojpg
Cut, but not in a way you can really tell

I couldnt be bothered so just got the UK version myself and sold my uncut dvd of it.
No need to even get the new edition if you have the old one anyway

unless you really need the new pacakging and extras.