Page 8 of 25

Posted: 10 Jul 2008, 16:05
by saltysam
Matrix Trilogy blu-ray £14.99 -obvious misprice

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Matrix-Reloaded ... 802&sr=1-1

Posted: 10 Jul 2008, 17:07
by gasteropod
Haha thanks, I've put a pre-order in for that price, hopefully they'll honour it :)

Posted: 10 Jul 2008, 17:09
by romerojpg
They all did the same misprice on the HD DVD prices, most honoered the price :D hope you get em cheap.

Posted: 10 Jul 2008, 17:46
by bradavon
Has it been confirmed if Animatrix is in HD? Amazon charge on dispatch right? Cheers Salty.

Posted: 10 Jul 2008, 18:41
by gasteropod
Amazon charge on dispatch yup, dunno about the Animatrix but all I want is the first Matrix film anyway.

Posted: 10 Jul 2008, 18:49
by bradavon
Cheers.

Me too but I'm wondering if it's worth be getting the BD. I already have two copies of the HD-DVD, one free with my LG Combo Player. It will be on eBay soon.

Posted: 14 Jul 2008, 20:46
by gasteropod
This is now listed as £37.49 on Amazon :)

Posted: 04 Nov 2008, 01:34
by saltysam
Casino Royale deluxe BLU-RAY £12.98 Delivered

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casino-Royale-D ... B001D40U8E

Posted: 18 Nov 2008, 12:54
by IronMonkey
Its cut!

Posted: 18 Nov 2008, 22:06
by Markgway
Is the DELUXE BD uncut in the same countries that the single disc was (ie. Australia, Europe...?)

Posted: 21 Nov 2008, 14:28
by bradavon
Yes. All reviews I've read have said the AV is identical, meaning Sony have just added extras, nothing more.

I cannot be bothered. I'm happy enough with my existing BD, especially if the AV as identical.
IronMonkey wrote:Its cut!
That's a given. Given that the cut amounts to one phrase I don't give a monkey's. It's the USA BD which needs to be avoided.

Posted: 24 Nov 2008, 00:02
by EvaUnit02
saltysam wrote:Matrix Trilogy blu-ray £14.99 -obvious misprice

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Matrix-Reloaded ... 802&sr=1-1
Amazon are honouring this. I received confirmation that my copy has shipped.

I would've liked a bundle with The Animatrix (ie the US release), but at this price I couldn't say no. I never bought the first film on DVD anyway.

Posted: 24 Nov 2008, 00:08
by gasteropod
Yeah they've sent mine off too, which I'm quite happy about since the last time they made a price error, they cancelled my flaming order!

Posted: 24 Nov 2008, 22:15
by IronMonkey
Yeah, mine has been posted too. I wouldn't have bothered buying the trilogy because I don't like the 2nd & 3rd films, but when it was £14.99 for all 3 I couldn't say no.

Posted: 24 Nov 2008, 22:25
by bradavon
I did the same with the HD-DVD box set for only £17.98, when that was up for pre-order. I couldn't be bothered to rebuy it.

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 19:04
by gasteropod
My Matrix trilogy arrived today, I've just been checking out various scenes and it's such an improvement over the old DVD I used to own haha. The first one appears to be uncut as we expected, as there are double headbutts and stuff. With them being VC-1 encodes, the bitrate is always pretty low which always annoys me a bit as the space that Blu-ray provides means that they certainly don't need to be stingey with the bitrate whether it makes much of a visible difference or not! I'm not liking the lack of digipaks that Blu-ray seems to get, makes sets like this feel cheaper than they should. But yeah, for the price of £14.99 I shouldn't really be complaining haha.

P.S. on the Amazon receipt it says £12.76 excl. VAT tee hee, oh Amazon bless you and your pricing errors :D

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 19:10
by bradavon
Why would VC-1 mean a low bitrate? I'm just wondering what you mean.

The HD-DVD box set is three keep cases in a box. The BD is the same right? The odd HD Disc gets digi-pack but agreed it's a pity. For example: The UK Casino Royale and Battlestar Galactica Season 1 HD-DVD box set.

I've still not checked out my HD-DVD box set :D. I imagine it's identical. I presume it's now 6 discs? Three BDs and three DVDs. The HD-DVD box set is 3 dual sided discs, one side HD-DVD and one DVD.

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 19:42
by gasteropod
Because VC-1 is so efficient, it's usually fairly low, around 15mbps on average from what I've seen on my discs.

6 discs in the BD box set? Nope just 3 Blu-rays. Yeah it's 3 cases in a box, which is slightly better than the Spider-Man trilogy which isn't even a box lol it's a slipcase.

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 19:50
by bradavon
Nope just 3 Blu-rays. Yeah it's 3 cases in a box
I guess they've just put the DVD extras on the BD too.
gasteropod wrote:Because VC-1 is so efficient, it's usually fairly low, around 15mbps on average from what I've seen on my discs.
Ah. It sounds like it's not needed then. There's no point increasing the bitrate if it doesn't increase quality.

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 22:34
by gasteropod
If you've got the space, you might as well use it, and it would improve it marginally because the less compression the better, right? Yeah the extras are all on the movie discs.

Posted: 26 Nov 2008, 22:38
by saltysam
got my £15 amazon order today :) to ebay with my hd-dvd set :D

Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 15:39
by Markgway
Amazon have a Black Friday sale going on for DVD and BD.

Some very good prices; offset by the crappy £ exchange rate and big postage but worth a look.

Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 17:00
by bradavon
Thanks, link:

http://www.amazon.com/DVD-Sale/b/ref=am ... =172778011

I cannot seem to find a proper BD link though, it mixes DVD with BD :(. After the exchange rate and postage I cannot find any bargains :(.

Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 19:58
by Markgway
I got The Rambo Trilogy on BD for $17.95 + postage.

Total was about £16 which is pretty good for three blu-rays.

Posted: 29 Nov 2008, 20:26
by bradavon
That is a good price. Any bargains that aren't box sets though? How many BDs do you have now? Any closer to get the kit to play them?