The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
Post Reply
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Post by IronMonkey »

My Matrix Trilogy BD still hasn't turned up. :(
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

new titles including Raging Bull added to their 3 for 2 blu-ray promotion

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-2-Selected-Bl ... 031&page=1
working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

Lost Boys blu-ray £9.47 delivered

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001BXN92G
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Romero mentioned this earlier, Amazon 3 BDs for the price of 2:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=amb_link_ ... =293962011

Including unusually Raging Bull. I went for:

Raging Bull
The Orphanage
Erin Brockovich

Making them £9.48 each. Result! On two of them especially.

p.s - All are Region Free, including The Orphanage which is RA on US BD.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

Quantum Of Solace 2-disc dvd £6.98 delivered.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... dforums-21
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

That's excellent value for a 2-disc DVD that only came out today.

Shame it's still cut.

Need conformation of the R1's uncut status though.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

You mean cuts made at the editing/production stage for a 12A?
Those cuts may apply worldwide or perhaps, as with CR, R3 gets a full uncut version.
Have to agree, less than £7 is superb value for a brand new release.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

I thought it was agreed the UK and USA were the same pre-cut cut, no?

What's cut from the UK one? I may download a DVD-Rip, sometime in the future. I've no interest in paying for it but should give it a second try.

p.s - Pity the BD is £18 :(.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

The dvd is £7 in Tesco's until Wednesday, the BD is £14.99 in Morrisons.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

When the BR is £7, then call me :D
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I'm not sure exactly Brad, I thought it said on the BBFC site one scene was edited.
I wonder when the R3 comes out?
Isn't the UK 3 disc of CR uncut? If an uncut print of QoS exists maybe it will be released here sooner or later.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

romerojpg wrote:When the BR is £7, then call me :D
When the BD pays me for watching it, then call me :lol:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

It wasn't that bad :D
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Unfortunately, I thought it was! I was outraged lol
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:I'm not sure exactly Brad, I thought it said on the BBFC site one scene was edited.
Oh yeah. It definitely read that it was pre-cut.
grim_tales wrote:Isn't the UK 3 disc of CR uncut?
Afraid not, it's the same 12 rated cut. It would have to be 15 (I think) to be uncut.
grim_tales wrote:If an uncut print of QoS exists maybe it will be released here sooner or later.
An uncut CR is more likely.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

Let's wait and see on other DVDs of QoS...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:Let's wait and see on other DVDs of QoS...
For that price, it wouldn't put me off. You guys waste so much energy on seconds of cut footage. Meh!
grim_tales wrote:It wasn't that bad :D
It certainly was, utter rubbish. The only recent Bond that is worse, is Die Another Day (easily the worst of all of them).

I saw "For Your Eyes Only" on TV again yesterday. I'd forgotten how good it is. So much better than the pantomime "A View to a Kill" from the week before. It's maybe one of his best, playing it mostly straight. Too many Moore Bonds went for camp over realism. I liked how it had no dungeon lair or over the top villain.

You've gotta love the 80s poster too, they'd never get away with that nowadays. It's a shame it's not been re-used on the recent BD.

"The Man with the Golden Gun" is also good. The truth is most Bonds are enjoyable while they're on but most aren't keepers. I can name probably 6-8 which are very good, the rest only enjoyable.
Last edited by bradavon on 23 Mar 2009, 20:54, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I thought you gave QoS 3/5?! Or was that Mark?
Well I liked it :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

You should know by now I don't give any film a mark out of five, it won't have been me.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote: I wonder when the R3 comes out?
.
http://www.cdwow.com/DVD/Quantum-of-Sol ... ew/6548713

http://www.cdwow.com/DVD/Quantum-of-Sol ... ew/6533701

Region 1 says 107 minutes the Region 3 quotes 105 minutes

http://www.cdwow.com/DVD/Quantum-of-Sol ... ew/6547429

Region 2 106 minutes

http://www.cdwow.com/DVD/James-Bond-Qua ... ew/6496981

If they were all accurate it would mean Region 2 being the longest :wink:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

That's true, CD-WOW aren't usually accurate though.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

Region 2 runs 1:41:53 according to my dvd drive.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

Post Reply