Page 9 of 25
Posted: 03 Dec 2008, 19:08
by IronMonkey
My Matrix Trilogy BD still hasn't turned up.

Posted: 10 Feb 2009, 16:04
by saltysam
new titles including Raging Bull added to their 3 for 2 blu-ray promotion
http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-2-Selected-Bl ... 031&page=1
Posted: 16 Feb 2009, 18:44
by saltysam
Posted: 27 Feb 2009, 00:48
by bradavon
Romero mentioned this earlier, Amazon 3 BDs for the price of 2:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=amb_link_ ... =293962011
Including unusually Raging Bull. I went for:
Raging Bull
The Orphanage
Erin Brockovich
Making them £9.48 each. Result! On two of them especially.
p.s - All are Region Free, including The Orphanage which is RA on US BD.
Posted: 09 Mar 2009, 17:34
by saltysam
Posted: 10 Mar 2009, 17:36
by saltysam
Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 15:10
by saltysam
Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 18:28
by Markgway
That's excellent value for a 2-disc DVD that only came out today.
Shame it's still cut.
Need conformation of the R1's uncut status though.
Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 18:36
by grim_tales
You mean cuts made at the editing/production stage for a 12A?
Those cuts may apply worldwide or perhaps, as with CR, R3 gets a full uncut version.
Have to agree, less than £7 is superb value for a brand new release.
Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 19:11
by bradavon
I thought it was agreed the UK and USA were the same pre-cut cut, no?
What's cut from the UK one? I may download a DVD-Rip, sometime in the future. I've no interest in paying for it but should give it a second try.
p.s - Pity the BD is £18

.
Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 19:22
by saltysam
The dvd is £7 in Tesco's until Wednesday, the BD is £14.99 in Morrisons.
Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 19:23
by romerojpg
When the BR is £7, then call me

Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 19:24
by grim_tales
I'm not sure exactly Brad, I thought it said on the BBFC site one scene was edited.
I wonder when the R3 comes out?
Isn't the UK 3 disc of CR uncut? If an uncut print of QoS exists maybe it will be released here sooner or later.
Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 19:27
by gasteropod
romerojpg wrote:When the BR is £7, then call me

When the BD pays me for watching it, then call me

Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 19:28
by grim_tales
It wasn't that bad

Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 19:33
by gasteropod
Unfortunately, I thought it was! I was outraged lol
Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 20:21
by bradavon
grim_tales wrote:I'm not sure exactly Brad, I thought it said on the BBFC site one scene was edited.
Oh yeah. It definitely read that it was pre-cut.
grim_tales wrote:Isn't the UK 3 disc of CR uncut?
Afraid not, it's the same 12 rated cut. It would have to be 15 (I think) to be uncut.
grim_tales wrote:If an uncut print of QoS exists maybe it will be released here sooner or later.
An uncut CR is more likely.
Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 20:33
by grim_tales
Let's wait and see on other DVDs of QoS...
Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 20:35
by bradavon
grim_tales wrote:Let's wait and see on other DVDs of QoS...
For that price, it wouldn't put me off. You guys waste so much energy on seconds of cut footage. Meh!
grim_tales wrote:It wasn't that bad

It certainly was, utter rubbish. The only recent Bond that is worse, is Die Another Day (easily the worst of all of them).
I saw "For Your Eyes Only" on TV again yesterday. I'd forgotten how good it is. So much better than the pantomime "A View to a Kill" from the week before. It's maybe one of his best, playing it mostly straight. Too many Moore Bonds went for camp over realism. I liked how it had no dungeon lair or over the top villain.
You've gotta love the 80s poster too, they'd never get away with that nowadays. It's a shame it's not been re-used on the recent BD.
"The Man with the Golden Gun" is also good. The truth is most Bonds are enjoyable while they're on but most aren't keepers. I can name probably 6-8 which are very good, the rest only enjoyable.
Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 20:49
by grim_tales
I thought you gave QoS 3/5?! Or was that Mark?
Well I liked it

Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 20:53
by bradavon
You should know by now I don't give any film a mark out of five, it won't have been me.
Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 21:10
by saltysam
Posted: 23 Mar 2009, 21:28
by grim_tales
That's true, CD-WOW aren't usually accurate though.
Posted: 24 Mar 2009, 14:32
by saltysam
Region 2 runs 1:41:53 according to my dvd drive.
Posted: 24 Mar 2009, 15:08
by saltysam