The General HD Releases Thread!

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by bradavon »

Is it in the R1? That's the one I've seen. Thanks.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by Markgway »

It's in all DVD versions.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

I imagine the BD will be the same as the DVD version content wise (so it be the extended version) :?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by saltysam »

working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

I'm in too :D Hope the UK release is the same.
Wonder if it will have the funny opening? :D
User avatar
Xenon
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 246
Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 16:28

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by Xenon »

Looks fantastic. A definite buy in the future.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by Markgway »

Lol @ the 'PG' rating. It would be an 'R' now.
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by gasteropod »

Looking at these screencaps of Tintin, I wish I'd watched it in 2D now...

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-ray_ ... lu-ray.htm
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by Markgway »

Dracula: Prince of Darkness sync error

"It is widely reported that the master used for this edition exhibits audio sync errors of up to 1 second. this is apparent on both Blu-ray and DVD disks and seems to be most obvious during the first 15 minutes of the film."

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/latest.ht ... kness_8421
Image
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by saltysam »

After the controversey over the original BD release of French Connection, it's been re-released as a BB exclusive in the States this week and amazingly sdports a new HD master with colour timing & grading much more in tune with the original cinema version.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8328
working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by saltysam »

incredible......massive HD news regarding an important film.think i'll i'll become a browser rahter than a poster here..waste of time
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:incredible......massive HD news regarding an important film.think i'll i'll become a browser rahter than a poster here..waste of time
I know it's frustrating. Nobody commented on my Dracula news either. Never been a fan of The French Connection but it's good to see Fox have tried to undo the damage. Without meaning to sound conceited if we become lurkers this forum will continue to crumble. I post because I don't want to see that happen.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

Markgway wrote:Dracula: Prince of Darkness sync error

"It is widely reported that the master used for this edition exhibits audio sync errors of up to 1 second. this is apparent on both Blu-ray and DVD disks and seems to be most obvious during the first 15 minutes of the film."

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/latest.ht ... kness_8421
Can't believe they'd make such a mistake, would they go back and fix it on a re-release?
I heard Hammer are appealing to people to search for lost footage/scenes they are hoping to find, that was cut from their films by the BBFC (not all are known to exist).

http://blog.hammerfilms.com/
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

grim_tales wrote:Monty Python and the Holy Grail BD finally coming in March:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001 ... 1HP2HDCSHJ

Hopefully it will have all the features of the previous DVD (including the opening of the film 'Dentist on the Job' at the beginning) :D
http://film.thedigitalfix.com/content/i ... march.html

Sony have announced the UK Blu-ray Disc release of Monty Python and the Holy Grail on 26th March 2012. The entire Python gang star in this hilarious retelling of the Knights of King Arthur and their quest for the Holy Grail.

Blu-ray Exclusives:

The Film re-mastered to high definition standards never before seen
Outtakes & Extended Scenes with introduction by Terry Jones
Lost Animations with introduction by Terry Gilliam
Meanwhile, King Arthur & Sir Bedevere...
Elephant & Castle
Run Away!
The Tale of Sir Robin
The Tale of Sir Lancelot
Henry 4th
Cast Directory Photo Gallery
Holy Grail Blu-ray Credits
The Holy Book of Days Second Screen Experience


Blu-ray Features:

1080P Widescreen
English 5.1 DTS-HD MA
English Mono
German, Italian and Spanish DD5.1
Subtitles: English, English HOH, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, German, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Norwegian, Spanish (Castilian), Swedish
Scintillating commentaries by Terry Gilliam & Terry Jones and even more revealing commentaries by John Cleese, Eric Idle & Michael Palin
Quest for the Holy Grail Locations with Michael Palin & Terry Jones
Lego Knights: The Knights of the Round Table in Lego
Special Japanese Version
How To Use Your Coconuts (an educational film)
BBC Film Night on location
Three Songs to sing-along


The disc will be coded for all regions.

I remembered the "Subtitles for people who dont like the film" was a feature as well :D
I'll be getting this soon - it'll most likely be £7.99 in a few months.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote:. Without meaning to sound conceited if we become lurkers this forum will continue to crumble. I post because I don't want to see that happen.
Yeah you are right.it's just very frustrating,at times it appears i'm talking to myself :|
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by Markgway »

grim_tales wrote:Can't believe they'd make such a mistake, would they go back and fix it on a re-release?
They're offering replacements to anyone who got a duff edition. Future batches will be correct.
I heard Hammer are appealing to people to search for lost footage/scenes they are hoping to find, that was cut from their films by the BBFC (not all are known to exist).
Should hopefully turn up some rare goodies.
saltysam wrote:at times it appears i'm talking to myself :|
Did someone say something...? :dontknow:
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by bradavon »

saltysam wrote:After the controversey over the original BD release of French Connection, it's been re-released as a BB exclusive in the States this week and amazingly sdports a new HD master with colour timing & grading much more in tune with the original cinema version.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8328
Wow! Thanks. I would've if I'd been about. I'm glad I didn't get the box set now. It's a fantastic film. Any word why Friedkin allowed this? And how it even happened? I wonder if the DOP forced Friedkin to reconsider.

I bet this version NEVER gets a UK release :angry:. I'll just have to do a rare thing and import it. Annoyingly you cannot get French Connection 2 on it's own in The UK. I'd have to import that too.

EDIT FFS! Best Buy don't ship outside of The USA.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

I bet it'll be released all over the US sooner or later :)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by saltysam »

bluraysforeveryone are selling it,probably be £20 delivered though.
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by bradavon »

Thanks. I don't mind paying a bit more because it's an import but I'm not paying that much though. Like Grim says, it won't be an exclusive forever.

I've never heard of them, I guess they're generally pricey right?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote:Thanks. I don't mind paying a bit more because it's an import but I'm not paying that much though. Like Grim says, it won't be an exclusive forever.

I've never heard of them, I guess they're generally pricey right?
no they aren't really,just that they do a deal where 7-8 blu-rays shipped (customs safe) cost a flat shipping fee of $14.unfortunately you order less you still pay the same.Mind you,i've heard people have emailed the guy directly and he's given them a much cheaper option for single disc shipping.
working class blu-ray fan
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by saltysam »

Some Warner titles coming...inc. Hard To Kill :notworthy:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8416
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by HungFist »

saltysam wrote:Some Warner titles coming...inc. Hard To Kill :notworthy:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8416
My favorite Seagal movie :notworthy:
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by Markgway »

Cool. I'll be buying Hard to Kill.
Image
User avatar
Xenon
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 246
Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 16:28

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Post by Xenon »

HungFist wrote:
saltysam wrote:Some Warner titles coming...inc. Hard To Kill :notworthy:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8416
My favorite Seagal movie :notworthy:
Awesome. Mine too. :thumbs: