Post Your Pictures

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
User avatar
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1279
Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52

Post by brooce-leroy »

Nice posters......not sure about the teddy bears. :D :wink:
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Mmm well my room is new as we just moved in and its a flipping mess and hell on earth to get my stuff into such a small room, but I am trying for now. This is about 30% of my dvds on display, the rest are a mess and in boxes etc.. its going to tek time to get them all out, and need to sell maybe 500 as not enuff room.These 2 shelved ate 10 dvds high, I in the end will need about 6 in total I guess.

Click this for big image, you can read spines etc... easily.
Image


Or just look at this small one I guess :D

Image
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Post by HungFist »

Some pics of my dvds

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

I built the shelf in the first pic myself. I wasn't keen on spending a 100€ on something I could do myself. The wood cost maybe 5€ and my grand father had all the tools I needed... Not the greatest shelf but good enough for dvds.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Nice teddies, some cool posters, oh and nice mullets on Chow Yun Fat and that other geezer :D
romerojpg wrote:Mmm well my room is new as we just moved in and its a flipping mess and hell on earth to get my stuff into such a small room, but I am trying for now. This is about 30% of my dvds on display, the rest are a mess and in boxes etc.. its going to tek time to get them all out, and need to sell maybe 500 as not enuff room.These 2 shelved ate 10 dvds high, I in the end will need about 6 in total I guess.
That Species 2 poster looks neat did it come framed? I hope to do the same when I get my own place. Framed looks much better.

I thought you got a 5.1 HC amp and new TV? Those speakers look tiny, nothing wrong with that per say just I thought you had a 5.1 amp.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

I'll have to take some snaps before and after of my bedroom. It used to be covered in posters from inch to inch but I now have photo frames (and a plant) instead.

It's too dark now outside to take them. I'll wait to daylight.

I think sometimes I've got too many DVDs (and lack of room) at 550 DVDs but then I see Romero's insane collection and I feel better again :D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

Species 2 is in a frame, but just a cheapo one ofr now. Its a lenticular one and she changes from Natasha to Sil the alien, quite a tasy poster really and very impressive compared to a normal image.

Yup I have 6.1 sound (only use 5.1), Amp etc.. they are my speakers, small is fine as they are very powerful spealers and genreally thought of as superb little ones :) far more power than you would expect and very impressive. Tannoy 5.1FX speakers they are, very good too :) not a fan of pointless gigantic speakers when they dont exactly sound better on the whole.

and my TV goes in the bin very soon :D early next year hopefully.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

Fair point. I'm not convinced at the size they can be as good but yes agreed you don't need big ass speakers.

I have them as when I was younger I thought they looked cooler :D , now they just get in the way.

You must have a big bin :D

p.s - I still think you're should've paid the extra for 6.1 when you did for the amp, just my opinion. I hear 6.1 is a definite improvement.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

oh and nice mullets on Chow Yun Fat and that other geezer
:|
Image
User avatar
Godzooki
King of Beggars
Posts: 594
Joined: 22 Aug 2006, 15:39

Post by Godzooki »

hung,

where did you get the death trance tin? links? please :)
NO WEASEL, NO CRY
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

:lol: Just noticed that Death Tranch tin :D
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Post by HungFist »

Tigercage wrote:hung,

where did you get the death trance tin? links? please :)
Here

The Tin may be sold out by now. I think it was limited to first press. I pre-ordered it so I got it 25% cheaper than what it's now (amazon usually has 25% off for all pre-orders)
User avatar
Knetan
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2009
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 12:57
Location: Sweden

Post by Knetan »

hey,

why's that crap New Police Story being displayed so clearly there, Hung? ;)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

You're asking about NPS with those teddies even more prominent? :D
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan

Post by HungFist »

Knetan wrote:hey,

why's that crap New Police Story being displayed so clearly there, Hung? ;)
It's a great film, but that's not the actual reason. Look closely at that wooden crossbar above the dvd box.
Do you see a relation between the two? :lol:

The actual dvd is can be found 10cm to right.
User avatar
Knetan
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2009
Joined: 12 Mar 2006, 12:57
Location: Sweden

Post by Knetan »

hey,

I'm too lazy to solve your riddles, I can only be Mr. Negative. ;)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

HungFist wrote:It's a great film, but that's not the actual reason. Look closely at that wooden crossbar above the dvd box.
Do you see a relation between the two? :lol:
Excellent :D

Classic not Romeo and Juliet it's Romeo and Julia :D

I actually think the "WARNING" brown cover on that DVD to the left of the Bruce Lee box set is the best looking DVD you have :D
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

Other people's collections always look so neat and pretty when I see photos of them, mine looks like an unruly pile! :D
Last edited by Shingster on 11 Dec 2006, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Bet they tidy up for photos though. :D
Image
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

Maybe, I ain't like you young whippersnappers with your fancy digital cameras though, so can't take any photos :D.
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

Shingster wrote:Other people's collections always look so neat and pretty when I see photos of them, mine looks like an unruly pile! :D
However, what I notice in most people's collection is that their DVDs do not seem to be sorted in any order. Maybe by directors or actors at the most.

I have my DVDs sorted alphabetically and by the origin of the film. Then I have the HKLs and PA titles sorted on their own and the Jackie Chan DVDs are sorted on their own, too.
Image
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 21:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

So would you put something like Police Story under HKL or J. Chan?

I just do mine alphabetically.
Image
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 22:36
Location: Basin City

Post by thelostdragon »

The HKL "Police Story" is under HKL, because all the HKL titles are together.

The Fortune Star "Police Story"-boxsets stands with other boxsets.

The German disc of "Police Story" stands with the other JC movies, though.

So Bisc, all your DVDs are alphabetically from A - Z, no matter where they are from etc?
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Post by bradavon »

So not really alphabetical then at all :D . I suspect most who collect DVD have some sort of order it's just very obvious.

I put mine in some kind of rough "how good I think it is" order, plus all HKLs together, plus all Almodovars together and my Lucas Moodyssons together. No real reason on those two it just turned out that way.

Some I place more obviously as they're just "cool/hip" films or have good cover art :D

It's bloody hard to keep any sort of proper order as whenever you get a new DVD you've got to try and make it fit in a structure already in place.
I have my DVDs sorted alphabetically and by the origin of the film.
That surely causes conflicts? As you've said yourself. Surely the Police Story should be with Jackie Chan. I don't like alphabetical tbh as it means lesser films can get higher priority + spines may not match.
Shingster wrote:Maybe, I ain't like you young whippersnappers with your fancy digital cameras though, so can't take any photos :D.
You don't have a digital camera? I've only just got my first once, after a 35mm for years.

The real test whether I think digital is up to much cop will be Japan/Thailand next Spring.
Shingster wrote:Other people's collections always look so neat and pretty when I see photos of them, mine looks like an unruly pile! :D
Some do but some are hideous. I also notice some people have spent ages on their collection and then housed them in some dodgy cabinet or the rest of the room has had no co-ordination to it.

Right now my room is no better but it will be definitely when I move out. It's important to get it right (off to Ikea I go :D).

I'll take some photos of my setup at the w/e, when it's light outside.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

I have 2 bookcases, one for Asian films, one for films from anywhere else. The DVDs in each are plaed alphabetically, but I've filled both up and have piles of DVDs on top of each bookcase that go right up to the ceiling of my room. These are not ordered alphabetically :D
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Post by Shingster »

bradavon wrote:You don't have a digital camera? I've only just got my first once, after a 35mm for years.
Don't even own a mobile phone, so can't even take snaps with one of them either.