Page 10 of 18
Posted: 23 Jan 2009, 20:44
by bradavon
I still don't have my 2001 BD which was despatched a month ago.
The fuckers at HMV have not stopped replying to my (polite) e-mails. They bothered to reply once, a week ago, asking if I wanted a refund or replacement. I said replacement and that was it. I've sent them a good half a dozen e-mails since, nothing!
I'll have to waste my time calling them during my lunch break on Monday. The other two BDs I ordered not long ago arrived quickly.
Posted: 23 Jan 2009, 21:04
by saltysam
read on another forum a number of people never got their 2001 BD.Sounds like a load were never sent in the first place.
Posted: 23 Jan 2009, 21:43
by gasteropod
That's a bit weird, I use HMV online allllll the time and haven't had that.
Posted: 23 Jan 2009, 22:39
by bradavon
I've never had before.
Thanks Salty. I can well believe that. They tried palming me off saying it must've got lost in the post. I'll give them lots of grief on Monday. I'm sure as hell not accepting a refund or the current increased price. I paid £9.99 and I expect to get it for that.
I'm as annoyed they cannot even be bothered to reply to my e-mails now. Can you post the link please.
Posted: 21 Feb 2009, 01:04
by saltysam
Posted: 22 Feb 2009, 13:52
by Shen
If anyone likes QI the first series is £5.49 and the other 2 seasons are £10:99
Here
Also, what is fucking awesome is this...
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=859653
Posted: 22 Feb 2009, 14:26
by bradavon
Nice one thanks Salty. I've been meaning to check this out again. Going by these reviews:
http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd/zo ... -cut2.html
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDRevie ... lu-ray.htm
Technically the USA Paramount BD trumps the UK one:
1. TrueHD vs. DD5.1
2. Nearly twice the video bitrate (24Mbps vs. 46Mbps), due to Paramount putting all extras on a second disc
That said both reviews point out the actual difference in video quality is very minute, as is the audio difference. Which I'm not surprised to hear, Zodiac is a very talk based movie. The USA BD also costs twice the price at £20 too.
Thanks Shen. I'm not really a fan of QI.
Posted: 22 Feb 2009, 21:42
by grim_tales
Thanks Shen.
I might buy the R2 of Vol. 2 (if its the same as R1), given R1 prices ATM. I already have the first volume on R1

Posted: 08 Mar 2009, 13:18
by saltysam
Posted: 22 Mar 2009, 18:04
by saltysam
Posted: 26 Mar 2009, 20:30
by saltysam
Posted: 26 Mar 2009, 20:37
by saltysam
Posted: 10 Apr 2009, 16:15
by saltysam
Posted: 10 Apr 2009, 16:22
by grim_tales
Very good price

Posted: 10 Apr 2009, 16:29
by romerojpg
For 3 crap films like them, I wouldnt pay 89p

Posted: 10 Apr 2009, 16:41
by saltysam
romerojpg wrote:For 3 crap films like them, I wouldnt pay 89p

Just for you a trilogy more to your liking
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=832659
Posted: 10 Apr 2009, 17:04
by bradavon
Great price. I'm happy with my original box set until I can get the BDs cheap.
Posted: 11 Apr 2009, 19:55
by saltysam
bradavon wrote:Great price. I'm happy with my original box set until I can get the BDs cheap.
£20 in-store in WH Smiths that sell BD's...
Posted: 12 Apr 2009, 16:54
by bradavon
That is good, thanks.
Posted: 23 Apr 2009, 20:05
by saltysam
Big list of BD'S here...nothing great but the odd good deal in there
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/listSearch.do?ctx ... tiaryID=-1
Posted: 20 May 2009, 21:25
by bradavon
Can you use HMV "in-store" voucher cards online?
I tried but it failed. The number on the rear is ridiculously long, making me think it's an internal code not voucher. It's one of those "topup" swipe cards.
A customer surprisingly gave me a £20 voucher for HMV for fixing his Outlook (PST) e-mail problem. It wasn't even really a big job but big for him.
I've decided to pre-order Che Part 1+2 box set but fear it will be more in store (£25 online). I really wanted to see these when in cinemas but the numbnutts killed it's theatrical release. I was given one week to see both films, they're 5 hours in total!
Posted: 20 May 2009, 22:00
by saltysam
HMV are always more expensive in-store...here's an example...£10 in-store,
£7.99 online...
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... atuid=1000
Posted: 21 May 2009, 01:40
by bradavon
I know, grrr! I wouldn't care but I'm pretty sure it's an "in-store" only card. Hopefully it won't cost a lot more.
Posted: 30 May 2009, 14:28
by saltysam
Posted: 30 May 2009, 15:01
by grim_tales
Grrrr! Great price. I just bought that recently.