Page 10 of 11

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 17 Jan 2011, 10:20
by brooce-leroy

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 07 Feb 2011, 10:24
by saltysam
The following titles are 25% off listed prices using the code BLUFEB

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchs ... |prd:30372

from that list the following are also in the 2 for £18 promotion-buy two of the following,use the above code and get both for £13.50

Law Abiding Citizen: Director's Cut
The Crazies
Fight Club
Moulin Rouge
Memento
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Man On Fire
Predator 2
Silence Of The Lambs
The Sound Of Music: 45th Anniversary Edition DoublePlay
The Day After Tomorrow
Australia
Defiance
Max Payne
Street Kings
Babylon A.D.
12 Rounds
Marley And Me
South Pacific
Die Hard 4.0
Home Alone

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 07 Feb 2011, 18:23
by bradavon
I'm very tempted to pick up Fight Club and Rocky Horror Picture Show. Both a steal at £6.75 each. Thanks Salty.

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 07 Feb 2011, 18:52
by luckystars
saltysam wrote:The following titles are 25% off listed prices using the code BLUFEB

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchs ... |prd:30372

from that list the following are also in the 2 for £18 promotion-buy two of the following,use the above code and get both for £13.50

Law Abiding Citizen: Director's Cut
The Crazies
Fight Club
Moulin Rouge
Memento
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Man On Fire
Predator 2
Silence Of The Lambs
The Sound Of Music: 45th Anniversary Edition DoublePlay
The Day After Tomorrow
Australia
Defiance
Max Payne
Street Kings
Babylon A.D.
12 Rounds
Marley And Me
South Pacific
Die Hard 4.0
Home Alone

Fuck a duck! Thanks!!!!!

Can the code be used more than once?

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 07 Feb 2011, 21:35
by grim_tales
Alien BD Boxset is a really good price with the code, thanks Sam! :)

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 07 Feb 2011, 23:22
by saltysam
yeah,Alien is £20.99 with the code

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 08 Feb 2011, 00:17
by bradavon
Any idea if the code can be used more than one and when it expires?

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 08 Feb 2011, 08:23
by luckystars
bradavon wrote:Any idea if the code can be used more than one and when it expires?

I think it's all of Feb.

Tron & Tron Legacy 2 Pack Blu-Ray Preorder £17
http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/1775 ... oduct.html

Easy day one purchase for me at that price. Fuck a 'Double Play' set or 3D Maxi Pack! :D

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 08 Feb 2011, 09:15
by grim_tales
Alien just went up by £2 since last night FFS :banghead:

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 08 Feb 2011, 09:54
by saltysam
grim_tales wrote:Alien just went up by £2 since last night FFS :banghead:
the one thing you should have learnt over the years grim is that these prices don't last.once the Alien set went down to £27.99 yesterday and then in combination with the code £20.99 it was obvious they were going to be flooded with orders and raise the price accordingly.you should have got it yesterday.still it's only £22.50 now,still a great deal for an awesome set.

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 08 Feb 2011, 10:45
by grim_tales
Do you know where to enter the discount code?

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 08 Feb 2011, 10:55
by grim_tales
Its OK I found it now :D

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 08 Feb 2011, 20:40
by Markgway
£2 is £2. When it goes back down to £20 I'll give it a go. But I'm not paying £2 more than people who bought it yesterday.

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 08 Feb 2011, 21:00
by luckystars
Markgway wrote:£2 is £2.
:salute:

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 08 Feb 2011, 23:14
by saltysam
Markgway wrote:£2 is £2. When it goes back down to £20 I'll give it a go. But I'm not paying £2 more than people who bought it yesterday.
What was your maths like at school? it was £20.99 last night,£22.49 today. i make that an increase of £1.50 ;)

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Feb 2011, 15:07
by Markgway
saltysam wrote:
Markgway wrote:£2 is £2. When it goes back down to £20 I'll give it a go. But I'm not paying £2 more than people who bought it yesterday.
What was your maths like at school? it was £20.99 last night,£22.49 today. i make that an increase of £1.50 ;)
My Maths was a bit shit... lol :D

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Feb 2011, 19:23
by bradavon
@ Mark/Grim: At £22.49 it's still a bargain. What are you both on about? Alternatively hold on for it to go down again and end up paying £27.99. Yep that makes sense.

Thanks luckystars. I've just gone for Minority Report and Fight Club :D. Mesrine and Road to Perdition are also part of the two for £18 deal.

EDIT: The code only works on ONE item in your basket. Meaning the two for £18 deal doesn't work and only gives £2.25 off one of the two items for £9 each. Basically meaning the two for £18 drops to £15.75 or £7.87 each. Still a bargain though.

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Feb 2011, 19:41
by bradavon
Actually before I submit the order. Can anyone confirm you can use it twice? If you can, I'd be better off not bothering with the 2 for £18 and buy them each separately at £9.99. So £14.99 after discount (75p less).

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Feb 2011, 22:32
by Markgway
bradavon wrote:@ Mark/Grim: At £22.49 it's still a bargain. What are you both on about? Alternatively hold on for it to go down again and end up paying £27.99. Yep that makes sense.
Never said it wasn't still a bargain... but I'm not paying more that someone who ordered it the day before me. Matter of principle. 3 months down the line in a different sale/offer... that's one thing. But they just jacked up the price for no reason. That's not good enough. But, hey, you buy it if you want to. No one's stopping you. :roll:

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Feb 2011, 23:07
by saltysam
bradavon wrote:
EDIT: The code only works on ONE item in your basket. Meaning the two for £18 deal doesn't work and only gives £2.25 off one of the two items for £9 each. Basically meaning the two for £18 drops to £15.75 or £7.87 each. Still a bargain though.
they've changed it since yesterday then. i got 2 for £18 at £13.75 for both

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Feb 2011, 23:39
by bradavon
Markgway wrote:Never said it wasn't still a bargain... but I'm not paying more that someone who ordered it the day before me. Matter of principle. 3 months down the line in a different sale/offer... that's one thing. But they just jacked up the price for no reason.
So you'd rather lose out on a bargain, just to save £2? Right, that makes sense. So you've spent more than someone else, big deal. A bargain's a bargain, no matter if you've paid a bit more. I'm sue the CEO of Play is really annoyed at the loss of sale. You're the one who is losing out.
Markgway wrote:But, hey, you buy it if you want to. No one's stopping you. :roll:
I don't. You did.
saltysam wrote:They've changed it since yesterday then. i got 2 for £18 at £13.75 for both
Thanks. Any idea if the voucher can be used twice?

I'd still go for the deal, my name isn't Markgway :D.

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 10 Feb 2011, 02:27
by Markgway
bradavon wrote:So you'd rather lose out on a bargain, just to save £2? Right, that makes sense. So you've spent more than someone else, big deal. A bargain's a bargain, no matter if you've paid a bit more. I'm sue the CEO of Play is really annoyed at the loss of sale. You're the one who is losing out.
Not really, because I wasn't that desperate to buy the Alien set anyways. If I was I'd have bought it before Xmas at £24.99. I was going to give it a go because it was £20-ish, which was close enough to the wanted under £20 price tag I applied previously. I'm in no hurry and don't give a shit about the CEO of Play anymore than he/she gives a shit about me. Why do you care so much about my £2?
I'd still go for the deal, my name isn't Markgway :D.
Unfortunately for you. :cool:

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 10 Feb 2011, 09:56
by grim_tales
I got it as such a bargain (£27/29.99 plus 25% off) is unlikely to come round again (I was after the set) and I didnt want to miss out.

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 11 Feb 2011, 01:14
by bradavon
So has anyone been able to use the code twice? Thanks.

Re: The Play.com Bargains Thread!

Posted: 11 Feb 2011, 18:18
by saltysam
bradavon wrote:So has anyone been able to use the code twice? Thanks.
i haven't tried it but people on other forums have done with success.