Page 96 of 152
Posted: 01 Apr 2009, 22:32
by Shingster
Certainly a beautiful spot, you ought to come round my town and try and capture one even remotely attractive image Hung! I think you've got more chance of becoming Aya Ueto's bit of Finnish on the side!
Posted: 01 Apr 2009, 22:48
by HungFist
Thanks
I think Sweden is somewhere behind those islands

Posted: 01 Apr 2009, 23:50
by bradavon
By all means keep posting them.
Posted: 02 Apr 2009, 18:09
by bradavon
Posted: 02 Apr 2009, 18:19
by Yi-Long
My gawd, check out the ogre on the far right...(!)
(why isnt this in the cosplay-thread btw

)
Posted: 03 Apr 2009, 10:03
by grim_tales
I performed in my talent show thing last night - I won it

(Well, I was one of 3 winners)

I got an easter egg, a medal ribbon (?) and certificate.
I think the song went very well (though it was very sad) but was initially disappointed with the skit as I cocked up at the start. But everyone seemed to love it though.
Posted: 03 Apr 2009, 12:40
by bradavon
Yi-Long wrote:My gawd, check out the ogre on the far right...(!)
Some of them are right mingers.
Yi-Long wrote:(why isnt this in the cosplay-thread btw

)
By all means re-post. I didn't want to taint that thread with this one.
Posted: 03 Apr 2009, 17:33
by gasteropod
grim_tales wrote:I performed in my talent show thing last night - I won it

(Well, I was one of 3 winners)

I got an easter egg, a medal ribbon (?) and certificate.
I think the song went very well (though it was very sad) but was initially disappointed with the skit as I cocked up at the start. But everyone seemed to love it though.
Well done Grim, we want to see pictures!

Posted: 04 Apr 2009, 09:38
by grim_tales
Thanks Gastero

Posted: 06 Apr 2009, 15:43
by gasteropod
I'd just like to warn people about the dangers of hot cross buns... I just managed to fuse the house with one lmao

Posted: 10 Apr 2009, 16:52
by saltysam
Been going to Slimming World for 7 weeks now....managed to lose 34lb in that time

i'm a real fat bastard though so obviously the weight will come off me quicker than most people.... also back in work doing shifts but still having health issues...joints are ok but after a couple of weeks of improvement my dry eyes have been sore the last couple of days....haven't been back to the doctors though,i just feel they don't take me seriously at all and think i am exaggerating

Posted: 10 Apr 2009, 17:53
by bradavon
If I lost 32lbs I'd be in serious trouble

. I only weigh 57Kg. I am lucky in that it's virtually impossible for me to be fat (medical reasons), the down side being it's very hard for me to increase my body weight too.
Depending what type of bread I buy I can so easily set my smoke detector off when I make toast

. My front room has a kitchenette in the corner and they clearly didn't think where best to put the smoke detector when they fitted it. I should move it really.
Posted: 11 Apr 2009, 09:19
by Markgway
Just over 2 stone lost. Not bad going. Only 11 more to go, eh?

Posted: 11 Apr 2009, 11:02
by grim_tales
Sorry there weren't any pictures taken at the talent show thingy Gastero

Posted: 11 Apr 2009, 17:08
by saltysam
Markgway wrote:Just over 2 stone lost. Not bad going. Only 11 more to go, eh?

I'm a fat fucker but not that big

Posted: 11 Apr 2009, 18:50
by saltysam
Just got £17.65 for my Untouchables hd-dvd after getting the BD for £6 in Amazon's recent 3 for 2 misprice..result

Posted: 19 Apr 2009, 13:11
by HungFist
Mar 24
Apr 01

Apr 07
Apr 19
Another one from Apr 07

Posted: 05 May 2009, 15:15
by HungFist
After doing the anti-culture act of the year by suspending Kino Teema films series 6 months ago, the Finnish government owned TV channel Yle Teema has come back to their senses.
Summer looks pretty great;
The Stray Cat Rock series (4 of the 5 films have never been translated into western languages), 7 Werner Herzog films, old horror classics (The Body Snatcher, Freaks, Frankenstein...), new European cinema etc.
http://www.yle.fi/teema/elokuvat/kino_into/
Posted: 07 May 2009, 21:51
by gasteropod
I'm annoyed like hell because I ordered the Ergo Proxy box set off an Amazon seller, and when it arrived today it's a bloody cheapo Chinese version or something despite the fact it was listed in the UK MVM release and there was no mention in the description of it being a different version. It might even be a bootleg, I dunno, the artwork is kind of pale and the thing appears to be spread over a measley 2 discs, I haven't opened it though because I want to send it back.
The seller is 'flyoverskys' by the way and they're selling more of them and also other animes so beware. :shock:
Posted: 07 May 2009, 21:59
by Yi-Long
gasteropod wrote:I'm annoyed like hell because I ordered the Ergo Proxy box set off an Amazon seller, and when it arrived today it's a bloody cheapo Chinese version or something despite the fact it was listed in the UK MVM release and there was no mention in the description of it being a different version. It might even be a bootleg, I dunno, the artwork is kind of pale and the thing appears to be spread over a measley 2 discs, I haven't opened it though because I want to send it back.
The seller is 'flyoverskys' by the way and they're selling more of them and also other animes so beware. :shock:
If you paid with a creditcard you should contact your CC company to already pull the money back.
Posted: 07 May 2009, 22:03
by gasteropod
It was Visa Electron. I e-mailed the seller about it so I'll see what they say, otherwise I'll get Amazon involved and make a claim, I'm sure I'll be able to get my money back but it's a pain in the arse and I shouldn't have to go to the trouble of posting it back to them either since they're totally in the wrong.
Posted: 08 May 2009, 18:51
by gasteropod
Yo, an ex-housemate from uni that I haven't seen in ages just informed me via Facebook that I'm a winner in an Innocent smoothies competition hahaha, I didn't even realise. The prize is '
an innocent birthday box, packed to the brim with innocent goodies, like tshirts, books and a vatful of smoothies'
There's my name:

Posted: 08 May 2009, 19:05
by grim_tales
Well done

Posted: 10 May 2009, 20:07
by bradavon
I take it you knew you entered?
Beyonce 100 Single Ladies Flashmob:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLj5zphusLw
OMG this video is so cool. Imagine walking up and seeing this?
Posted: 10 May 2009, 21:25
by gasteropod
bradavon wrote:I take it you knew you entered?
Not unless I've been sleep-entering-competitions again...