Page 99 of 152

Re: Re:

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 17:49
by romerojpg
saltysam wrote:
bradavon wrote:I forgot that about Tony Martin shooting someone in the back, pretty cowardly IMO.
There's a programme about this case on ITV1 at 10:35 pm tonight...
What was the prgramme called? do you remember?

I thought the scumbags would have killed him by now after putting the hits out on him, he is a bloody hero still, scum deserve to be shot and my god they were scum beyond words once the family came out of the woodworks :roll:

Re: Re:

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 18:04
by saltysam
romerojpg wrote:
saltysam wrote:
bradavon wrote:I forgot that about Tony Martin shooting someone in the back, pretty cowardly IMO.
There's a programme about this case on ITV1 at 10:35 pm tonight...
What was the prgramme called? do you remember?

I thought the scumbags would have killed him by now after putting the hits out on him, he is a bloody hero still, scum deserve to be shot and my god they were scum beyond words once the family came out of the woodworks :roll:
Thursday 30 July

At 10.35pm, the case of Tony Martin is examined in Real Crime: Shot In The Dark.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 18:26
by romerojpg
Thanks :) will look for it on the net, found a little on YouTube.
Will be interesting to see what happened to him, if the Police protection is still up around him after all these years.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 18:39
by saltysam
Godzooki wrote:
You feeling better now Salty?
Hi Godzooki-yeah lots,lots better touch wood fingers crossed :) went on a health regime,have lost over 5 stone in weight,have more energy etc...still suffer from sore eyes occasionally but on the whole i've come a long way from the dark place i was in a few months ago...thanks for asking!

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 18:42
by romerojpg
5 Stone is mind blowing, does that make you feel very different? just moving, sleeping, sitting etc..

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 19:22
by gasteropod
Rat-eating plant discovered in Philippines
A carnivorous pitcher plant that eats rats and insects has been discovered in the Philippines and named after Sir David Attenborough.

The plant is among the largest of all pitchers and is believed to be the largest meat-eating shrub, dissolving rats with acid-like enzymes.

The team of botanists, led by British experts Stewart McPherson and Alastair Robinson, found the plant on Mount Victoria in the Philippines.

They were inspired to search for the plant after word that it is existed came from two Christian missionaries who described seeing a large carnivorous pitcher in 2000 after they climbed the mountain.

Mr McPherson, of Poole Dorset, said: "The plant produces spectacular traps which catch not only insects, but also rodents. It is remarkable that it remained undiscovered until the 21st century."

The team, which found the plant in 2007 following a two-month expedition, published details of their discovery in the Botanical Journal of Linnean Society earlier this year following a three-year study of all 120 species of pitcher plant.

They decided to name the plant Nepenthes attenboroughii, after the wildlife broadcaster Sir David.

"My team and I named it in honour of Sir David whose work has inspired generations toward a better understanding of the beauty and diversity of the natural world," added Mr McPherson.

Sir David, 83, said: "I was contacted by the team shortly after the discovery and they asked if they could name it after me. I was delighted and told them, 'Thank you very much'.

"I'm absolutely flattered. This is a remarkable species the largest of its kind. I'm told it can catch rats then eat them with its digestive enzymes. It's certainly capable of that."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthn ... pines.html

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 19:34
by bradavon
If I lost 5 stone. I'd only have 3.5 stone left :D. 5 stone, wow! Impressive.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 19:37
by Markgway
8.5 stone? Yikes! That's UNDERweight surely?

How tall are you Brad?

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 19:58
by bradavon
Yes. I'm clinically underweight. My stats in new money:

58.20Kg - 9.1 stone, more than I thought
1.73m - 5.7 feet

I've been between 8.5-9.0 stone for over a decade. I don't put on at all or really lose weight period. I eat fine, it just doesn't go on.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 20:55
by gasteropod
Do you fall asleep after eating?

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 22:14
by bradavon
No, why? Serious question I'm guessing but not one I get.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 22:21
by gasteropod
Because I do, and I'm like you with being underweight and unable to gain any.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 22:57
by bradavon
Ah. Do you know why you fall asleep afterwards? What is your body weight/height?

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 23:13
by gasteropod
No, I've suffered from chronic fatigue for years and the doctors don't know why because they're useless. I'm about 6ft but not sure how much I weigh because we don't own any scales, last time I checked I was 9.5 stone but that was quite some time ago.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Aug 2009, 23:19
by saltysam
romerojpg wrote:5 Stone is mind blowing, does that make you feel very different? just moving, sleeping, sitting etc..
oh yeah have a lot more energy these days,don't get out of breath as much etc...however 5 stone isn't that great really,if i hadn't become such a lump of lard over the years i wouldn't have had to lose that much in the first place!

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 00:36
by Markgway
bradavon wrote:58.20Kg - 9.1 stone, more than I thought
You fat bastard! :pukeright:

My ideal weight is between 66kg and 82kg.

I'm 94.55kg. :banghead:

The heaviest I've been (which was all too recently) was 99.09kg :help:

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 01:04
by Shingster
Just under 15stones, that's nowt! Are you 5ft 2 though? :D

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 09:28
by Yi-Long
Holy shit, the internet broke and the BNB forum is now being re-directed to Teenz-forum!!!
What's with all the weight-drama, girls!? ;) :P

Nah, I'm now also at my fattest I've ever been, and I have absolutely no clue how that is, as I really don't eat that much.
Ah well. I am 1,81m tall, and I weigh 78 kilo, which is about 5 kilo overweight.

The problem right now is just the common tub-tummy, as in I'm getting some love-handles.

I wanna go back to my 6-pack :? (not the beer 6-pack) , so I will.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 10:22
by grim_tales
I think I weigh about 10st, must have lost a bit of weight due to playing footy recently.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 18:25
by saltysam
At my first weigh-in at Slimming World in February i was 20st 13 1/2 lbs. At last night's weigh-in i was 15st 8 1/2 lbs,around 5st 5lbs lighter. however i think i've probably lost around 6st as i think i lost some weight due to my illness before i started the diet.i'm still a porker lol but not as bad as i was!! :P

On holiday last October
Image

February this year
Image

At a retirement do last Friday
Image

Image

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 18:33
by romerojpg
A new man puts it mildly, I can hardly recognise you before and after :) a quater of your body weight gone is still a massive thing I say.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 18:38
by saltysam
Thanks Romero-will keep going hopefully i can eventually reach around 14 stone :thumbs:

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 18:40
by Yi-Long
Wow... Salty almost lost a complete Brad in weight... ;)

Well done :)

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 18:43
by romerojpg
Yi-Long wrote:Wow... Salty almost lost a complete Brad in weight... ;)

Well done :)
He shits brad after dinner :lol:

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 20 Aug 2009, 18:44
by saltysam
Cheers Yi :D just a pity it took me getting ill to decide to do something to help myself!