Page 100 of 107

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 24 Jan 2013, 23:28
by gasteropod
I'm just waiting for the 5-film box set, why bother with the current ones?

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 25 Jan 2013, 02:03
by Shingster
grim_tales wrote:Thanks :) I was meaning to ask if its been cut anymore by the BBFC :)
It was passed "uncut" by the BBFC for the 2010 DVD release grim, since then every release of the film (ie: the blu-rays) has similarly been left untouched by the BBFC (but obviously all worldwide releases are still missing the 12secs that were removed before the original US release).

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 25 Jan 2013, 08:37
by luckystars
gasteropod wrote:I'm just waiting for the 5-film box set, why bother with the current ones?

Because only 1 and 3 are keepers? :)

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 25 Jan 2013, 08:58
by grim_tales
luckystars wrote:
gasteropod wrote:I'm just waiting for the 5-film box set, why bother with the current ones?

Because only 1 and 3 are keepers? :)
I forgot about DH2 as well :)
Shing, thanks for that :)

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 25 Jan 2013, 10:33
by luckystars
Keep looking for DH3 in CEX, I know one'll come up there eventually

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 10 Feb 2013, 01:53
by Markgway

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 10 Feb 2013, 01:55
by Markgway
Re. Shout Factory's HALLOWEEN II BD.

The 2.0 track is NOT the original stereo track but an alternate mono mix.

I don't know about Universal's 2.0 track.

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 12 Feb 2013, 16:31
by grim_tales
saltysam wrote:New german BDS of Fistful Of Dollars & For A Few Dollars More coming

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Fur-eine- ... ray/61677/

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Fur-ein-p ... ray/61678/
Anyone seen reviews for these yet? :)

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 16 Feb 2013, 18:39
by saltysam
Twilight Time put their 3000 copies of Christine pre-orders live on their site last night,sold out within hours.Scandalous that they initially allowed the scalpers to buy 10 copies each :?

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 24 Feb 2013, 16:20
by saltysam
Info on the new german For A Few Dollars More blu-ray http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p ... ostcount=1

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 24 Feb 2013, 20:42
by grim_tales
Cool, thanks Sam :) Interesting that this will be the world's first uncut release of the movie! :D

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 24 Feb 2013, 20:50
by saltysam
mine shipped yesterday, seems to have a restored mono track as well.

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 24 Feb 2013, 21:40
by grim_tales
Still think I'll keep my DVDs though to compare the versions :D (Plus the wood box may increase in value in a few years, dunno) :D

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 26 Feb 2013, 08:46
by grim_tales
Robocop Steelbook:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Robocop-Limited ... 414A58B7A4

I hope this is a remaster but havent heard anything? :?

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 26 Feb 2013, 15:25
by saltysam
grim_tales wrote:Robocop Steelbook:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Robocop-Limited ... 414A58B7A4

I hope this is a remaster but havent heard anything? :?
it'll be the old disc repackaged

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 26 Feb 2013, 17:54
by grim_tales
OK, thanks. Holding onto the old DVD then. :)
Have you heard any more about Ghostbusters getting a remaster? (Perhaps this could be for the 30th Anniversary next year?)

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 26 Feb 2013, 20:38
by saltysam
Shanghai Noon/Knights 2-disc set coming http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=10568

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 26 Feb 2013, 21:11
by grim_tales
Enjoyed Shanghai Noon, Knights less so, but it had its moments I guess :)

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 27 Feb 2013, 12:51
by luckystars
saltysam wrote:Shanghai Noon/Knights 2-disc set coming http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=10568

Cool the first one if def worth an upgrade. Wouldn't really import though. Hope this gets a domestic release

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 27 Feb 2013, 17:38
by grim_tales
Yeah I liked the first one :D

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 27 Feb 2013, 23:44
by grim_tales
Ghostbusters to be remastered in 4K for "Ultra HD":

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... d-a-416830

Don't know if you'll be able to see this on normal BD :?

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 28 Feb 2013, 10:01
by luckystars
grim_tales wrote:Ghostbusters to be remastered in 4K for "Ultra HD":

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s ... d-a-416830

Don't know if you'll be able to see this on normal BD :?

I'm guessing this will be the format the PS4 handles. A sort of Blu-Ray+ format.

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 28 Feb 2013, 11:44
by grim_tales
Shame if its not getting another remaster for BD though, I mean, maybe a 2K remaster for the 30th anniversary?, as current players/TV's can't "do" 4K yet (not sure)?

BTW, I found there was a German BD of Shanghai Noon on its own listed on Amazon, so I see no reason why the first one at least can't have a UK release.

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 28 Feb 2013, 13:28
by saltysam
grim_tales wrote:
BTW, I found there was a German BD of Shanghai Noon on its own listed on Amazon, so I see no reason why the first one at least can't have a UK release.
Avoid.cropped and of poor quality.

Re: The General HD Releases Thread!

Posted: 28 Feb 2013, 13:35
by grim_tales
Fair enough - thanks for the warning, will wait for the US combo or a UK release. :)