Page 2 of 16

Posted: 31 Mar 2006, 02:02
by Kurgan
There's still time to photoshop Yuen Biao in you know!

If you don't mind me saying, you look great for 68. In fact, that's what you should have as your sig! :twisted:











...Too far? :oops: :D

Kudos to you; one of these days I'll get up the nerve to stick my fizzog on the Internet. I have no excuse now; the webcam is built into the iMac!
Until then, I'll remain content to look upon your gaze, and extreme close ups of Keung's hand. :D

Posted: 31 Mar 2006, 02:19
by the68monkey
Kurgan wrote:If you don't mind me saying, you look great for 68. In fact, that's what you should have as your sig! :twisted:
I just might do that! :|
Kurgan wrote:one of these days I'll get up the nerve to stick my fizzog on the Internet.
I already know what you look like. You're bald! And you have a long, greasy moustache! :P

Posted: 31 Mar 2006, 02:29
by Markgway
Bobs, you look a bit like Carrie Fisher in that photo... any chance of dressing up as Princess Leia? That should get the Star Wars geeks going.... :D

Posted: 31 Mar 2006, 02:30
by Kurgan
the68monkey wrote: I just might do that! :|
Uh-oh. I knew I'd gone too far :oops:

OK, no more ill-advised 'jokes'; I don't want to end up in the obituaries! :axe:
the68monkey wrote:I already know what you look like. You're bald! And you have a long, greasy moustache! :P
It's not greasy, I'm just a Dapper Dan man! I use moustache wax!
Markgway wrote:Bobs, you look a bit like Carrie Fisher in that photo... any chance of dressing up as Princess Leia? That should get the Star Wars geeks going...
If we're talking Return... Hello!

Posted: 31 Mar 2006, 02:40
by the68monkey
Markgway wrote:Bobs, you look a bit like Carrie Fisher in that photo... any chance of dressing up as Princess Leia? That should get the Star Wars geeks going.... :D
I'm like a foot taller than Carrie Fisher, and WAY younger. And besides, my hair's too short to braid into those hideous ear buns! Yikes!

Posted: 31 Mar 2006, 02:43
by Kurgan
Oh dear, a moment of shame (one of many, I'm afraid) immortalised in your sig.

Posted: 31 Mar 2006, 03:07
by EvaUnit02
Kurgan wrote:
It's not greasy, I'm just a Dapper Dan man! I use moustache wax!
Ah a fellow Coen Brothers fan, which is your favourite film of theirs? Mine is Fargo.

Posted: 31 Mar 2006, 03:10
by Kurgan
The Big Lebowski every time, although Raising Arizona is a close second. Cursing coming up, so avert your eyes if you don't like that sort of thing:


"Shut the fuck up, Donny!" :D

Posted: 31 Mar 2006, 03:13
by Yi-Long
the68monkey wrote:Oh what the hell. Most of you have already seen a pic of me on the old BnB, the one with me between Yuen Biao and Sting . . . ah, those were the days. :D

Here's a more recent one, in front of the PC, about a year ago, I think. Maybe two. Not much has changed, except I have a few more gray hairs. :P

Image

I'll probably change my mind and take it down tomorrow, but here it is for the time being.
Hmmmm.... brunnette... single... short hair... likes slim, muscular men...

Prepare the guestroom, Bobs! :D

Posted: 31 Mar 2006, 03:18
by Kurgan
For whatever reason, I just imagined those words being said in the style of HedonismBot from Futurama :D

Don't ask me why. :)

Posted: 31 Mar 2006, 15:31
by Markgway
the68monkey wrote:I'm like a foot taller than Carrie Fisher, and WAY younger.
We can't tell your height from a photo and I meant when Carrie was the age you are now (which is 28 isn't it? :wink: )
And besides, my hair's too short to braid into those hideous ear buns! Yikes!
Buy a couple of bagels and tape them on. :D

Posted: 31 Mar 2006, 20:58
by Kurgan
Markgway wrote:We can't tell your height from a photo and I meant when Carrie was the age you are now (which is 28 isn't it? :wink: )
You're doing right to stay on her good side; I have learnt the results of mocking someone's age and it tastes bitter indeed. :D

Posted: 01 Apr 2006, 03:27
by the68monkey
Yi-Long wrote:Hmmmm.... brunnette... single... short hair... likes slim, muscular men...

Prepare the guestroom, Bobs! :D
Bad news, Yi. No guestroom. You and your girlfriend will have to bunk with my kids. :P

Posted: 01 Apr 2006, 04:09
by EvaUnit02
Kurgan wrote:The Big Lebowski every time, although Raising Arizona is a close second. Cursing coming up, so avert your eyes if you don't like that sort of thing:


"Shut the fuck up, Donny!" :D
Yeah, that film is all class.

"Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Posted: 01 Apr 2006, 09:32
by BiscLimpkit
Nobody f'ks with the Jesus.

Posted: 01 Apr 2006, 16:17
by bradavon
thelostdragon wrote:Cool room. Sorry for the moaning, but I can't stand it when people haven't put their DVD's in alphabetical order even if they find what they need, he he he! :D
Nah alphabetical order is to geeky.

I have mine as much as possible ordered by what I consider to be the best of the best and also by continent.

I need to take some more as things look better now, the same artwork on the wall though. I should post pictures of how my room used to look until about 12 months ago. It's VERY different now.

Posted: 01 Apr 2006, 16:43
by BiscLimpkit
thelostdragon wrote:Cool room. Sorry for the moaning, but I can't stand it when people haven't put their DVD's in alphabetical order even if they find what they need, he he he! :D

Personally, I have my DVDs categorised according to the country of origin and then again in alphabetical order.
I've got mine alphabetised :oops:

But I don't have too many DVDs.

Posted: 01 Apr 2006, 17:19
by romerojpg
It would take me weeks to alphabetise all mine :(

I dont like them like that anyway. I store in similar gropus, makers. Such as Fox, Criterion, Anchor Bay, MGM, HKL etc.. the spines ussually look better in groups like that and it all looks far more pleasing to the eyes, then into colour groups.

Alphabetised just makes them look a total mess most the time mixing and matching endless colours into one another, its like bad art.

Posted: 01 Apr 2006, 17:22
by the68monkey
Yeah, I have mine grouped by country of origin, for the most part. Animated are grouped together, but placed into subcategories of country of origin.

Posted: 01 Apr 2006, 17:50
by bradavon
All my HKLs are together but that's the only ones sorted by company.

Posted: 01 Apr 2006, 18:58
by Markgway
I have two sections:

1. Hong Kong/Chinese
2. Rest of the World

I divide the ROTW up by region, but not the HK section.

I divide the titles for both sections up by distributor, alphabeticially (eg. Anchor Bay-to-Warner)

I put the titles in alphabetical order within their own appropriate area (eg. ROTW, R1, Fox, The Abyss or ROTW, R4, Warner, Batman Returns).

That make sense...?

Posted: 02 Apr 2006, 01:31
by the68monkey
Markgway wrote:I divide the titles for both sections up by distributor, alphabeticially (eg. Anchor Bay-to-Warner)

I put the titles in alphabetical order within their own appropriate area (eg. ROTW, R1, Fox, The Abyss or ROTW, R4, Warner, Batman Returns).

That make sense...?
Frighteningly so, Felix Unger. ;)

Posted: 02 Apr 2006, 02:03
by Kurgan
Just straight up alphabetical order for me.
I'm considering getting some software called Delicious Library (http://www.delicious-monster.com) to help with cataloguing all my DVDs. Sounds quite nifty in that you just use a webcam to operate it. It reads the barcodes from your DVD (or book, or CD apparently) and goes on t'internet to find its details.
If you can move your arms fast enough, it can handle 750 items an hour!

Posted: 02 Apr 2006, 02:12
by thelostdragon
Here come new pics of me. They were taken yesterday night.

Image

Image
Me and a mate going crazy!

Image
Me and one of my best friends.

Posted: 02 Apr 2006, 02:15
by bradavon
the68monkey wrote:Frighteningly so, Felix Unger. ;)
LOL.

I'm pleased I thought I was geeky. I'm positively a disaster compared to some of you organised freaks :D
Kurgan wrote:I'm considering getting some software called Delicious Library (http://www.delicious-monster.com) to help with cataloguing all my DVDs
That does look nice.

I wonder how it compares to DVD Profiler, which I've bought.