Uploaded images don't work anymore...
-
Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14
Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...
Considering the number of unique reviews you contribute to the site, perhaps you should get in touch with Lourdes and ask if he can set aside a personal BnB image directory for you (and only yourself) to upload to?
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...
I'll ask him. I don't even need much space as I can still use my photobucket account for most of the pics.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...
Why not just use one of the free Webspace services such as Box.net (1-25Gb I think)? Which allows for direct linking to files. Windows Live Sky Drive (25Gb) doesn't I'm afraid. I'm not sure if Adrive.com (50Gb) does or not.
Although being hosted on this site makes much more sense.
Although being hosted on this site makes much more sense.
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...
Once an attachment is uploaded you can link to it from anywhere so it'll do as you ask. If you don't want them all listed below your post I'd suggest starting a topic in this forum just for uploading.
I can also give a personal FTP account to anyone that wants one. It'll let you have prettier url's.
I'd definitely like to see everyone to host their images here so they'll last.
I can also give a personal FTP account to anyone that wants one. It'll let you have prettier url's.
I'd definitely like to see everyone to host their images here so they'll last.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...
Please can I have one 
-
HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11932
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...
FTP account probably woulnd't hurt.
I don't know anything about this technical stuff (had to google FTP to find out what it is) but it can't be anything too difficult.
I don't know anything about this technical stuff (had to google FTP to find out what it is) but it can't be anything too difficult.
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...
Anyone that wants one PM me and I'll set it up.
It's straightforward Hung. You just grab an FTP client, enter the address, username and password and away you go. Just a remote folder. You can even use Windows explorer as I recall.
It's straightforward Hung. You just grab an FTP client, enter the address, username and password and away you go. Just a remote folder. You can even use Windows explorer as I recall.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...
You can but from my experience it connects very well (at all) using Explorer. I use CuteFTP but a free one is CoreFTP, which I use at at work. Both do the job.
-
Lourdes
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1994
- Joined: 08 Jan 2005, 16:19
Re: Uploaded images don't work anymore...
I noticed that the old upload script made a separate folder for each user. So any FTP account I make will be for that so you can upload new images and manage your old ones.
Note, there's no need for anyone to delete anything - we have plenty of room. And feel free to hotlink (use any images hosted on BnB at other sites).
Note, there's no need for anyone to delete anything - we have plenty of room. And feel free to hotlink (use any images hosted on BnB at other sites).