Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 16 Nov 2011, 21:31
working class blu-ray fan
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 17 Nov 2011, 00:21
IIRC, the retail sleeves for Enter the Ninja removed the shurikens.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11932 Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Post
by HungFist » 17 Nov 2011, 13:58
Markgway wrote: IIRC, the retail sleeves for Enter the Ninja removed the shurikens.
I though the BBFC removed the shurikens
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 17 Nov 2011, 14:42
HungFist wrote: I though the BBFC removed the shurikens
Yes, but sometimes video art gets censored too.
Notice anything missing?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 18 Nov 2011, 04:38
I cannot find the British cover (except low res) but I've always loved this one. If someone else can find it? -
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380 Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
Post
by Killer Meteor » 21 Nov 2011, 16:08
I can't scan it, but the UK VHS cover for Jackie Chan's THE PROTECTOR is so damn awesome it makes me want to watch the film again!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 21 Nov 2011, 16:41
Ivan Drago wrote: I can't scan it, but the UK VHS cover for Jackie Chan's THE PROTECTOR is so damn awesome it makes me want to watch the film again!
I know the one you mean. It's from the theatrical poster art.
Not a good scan.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380 Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
Post
by Killer Meteor » 21 Nov 2011, 16:56
Yep, that's the one!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868 Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Post
by gasteropod » 21 Nov 2011, 19:08
Markgway wrote:
Haha, that reminds me of games I had for the Commodore 64, the covers and loading screens
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Post
by saltysam » 21 Nov 2011, 19:35
Can't find the original vhs cover but this awesome Neal Adams art was used on the pre-cert rank tape of Snake In The Eagle's Shadow...he did Drunken Master as well but i can't find it
Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
working class blu-ray fan
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868 Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Post
by gasteropod » 21 Nov 2011, 19:40
lol @ 'Jacky Chan'.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380 Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
Post
by Killer Meteor » 22 Nov 2011, 00:25
Jacky was how it was spelt in HK for quite a while - think it changed to "Jackie" when he went to Golden Harvet. The English credits for SNAKE IN THE EAGLE'S SHADOW call him "Chen Loong".
Love how Freddy and Chucky are practically invisible on their debut video covers.
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 22 Nov 2011, 00:39
Ivan Drago wrote: Love how Freddy and Chucky are practically invisible on their debut video covers.
A good idea to keep their respective monsters under wraps.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!
Posts: 2380 Joined: 16 Mar 2005, 23:05
Post
by Killer Meteor » 22 Nov 2011, 15:49
Markgway wrote: Ivan Drago wrote: Love how Freddy and Chucky are practically invisible on their debut video covers.
A good idea to keep their respective monsters under wraps.
Yes, Freddy in particular gains a lot from being this shadowy figure, instead of an acne scarred goon leering all over the place.
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 22 Nov 2011, 16:16
gasteropod wrote: Haha, that reminds me of games I had for the Commodore 64, the covers and loading screens
Me too. Man it was annoying when the bloody thing would crash, you'd only wait 10mins+ for it to load.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868 Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Post
by gasteropod » 22 Nov 2011, 17:16
bradavon wrote: Me too. Man it was annoying when the bloody thing would crash, you'd only wait 10mins+ for it to load.
Indeed haha, and my Batman game had a glitch where once you knocked Napier into the vat of chemicals, it skipped straight to the cathedral level!
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 22 Nov 2011, 17:59
Those were the best two levels though (I played the Amiga version).
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164 Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK
Post
by grim_tales » 22 Nov 2011, 19:27
I remember old games covers like that
Eg Barbarian 1 or 2 (think there was even a BBC version!), the art was pretty risque for my small mind (!)
I didnt have the game, just read about it.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 22 Nov 2011, 19:35
grim_tales wrote: the art was pretty risque for my small mind (!)
Was...?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430 Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Post
by bradavon » 23 Nov 2011, 03:04
You can tell instantly that game's from the 80s, just by looking at the cover. Love it
.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194 Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Post
by Markgway » 28 Jan 2014, 08:17
Replaced out of date links.