Post Your Pictures

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Post Reply
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 5577
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 16:18
Location: Where you'll never find me

Post by tom2681 »

All my DVDs are sorted into 2 categories (Asian / Non-Asian) and then they're all in chronological order:
-From 1954 (Seven Samurai) to 2006 (Dog Bite Dog).
-From 1954 (20 000 Leagues under the Sea) to 2006 (Cars).
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
User avatar
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1279
Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 14:52

Post by brooce-leroy »

Mine is the most unruliest ever. I sort (kind of) between what I have watched, and what is yet to be watched. Just one big mess really. I will post a picture one day. :D It really is the worst organised collection ever. :lol:
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Why 1954? What if a film is released in the same year?

You don't have a mobile phone Shingster :| . I'm always shocked to hear this in 2006. I'm far from a big phone user (preferring e-mail) but even I have one. PayG of course.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

I 'KINDA' have my DVDs sorted, but not really...
It's all in my bookcase, which has surprisingly few books in it btw... but I dont have nearly as much DVDS as most fo you guys seem to have.
I basically put animation and anime near eachother, asian cinema near eachother, and western movies near eachother... and that's pretty much it. It's usually a big mess though...

When i get a place with my girlfriend, wherever en whenever that might be, I'll make sure I'll get a good place to sort everything out nicely... along with the games and stuff... but for now I dont really care much about how my room looks. I just use it to sleep and excercise and watch TV...
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Please do Bruce :D

How many do you have Yi?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:Please do Bruce :D

How many do you have Yi?
Girlfriends? 1.

:P

I take it you mean DVDs, which I think would be about 200 or 300. I really dont know to be honest. I dont really buy that many, but obviously when you've been collecting for a few years, than you'll have a nice collection.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

That's a fair amount, yes DVDs :D (is your girlfriend a possession? ;) ).
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Yi-Long wrote:I take it you mean DVDs, which I think would be about 200 or 300. I really dont know to be honest. I dont really buy that many, but obviously when you've been collecting for a few years, than you'll have a nice collection.
My collection went from about 50 to 250+ this year alone. So my understanding of Brad's position has increased exponentially.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

HungFist wrote:Look closely at that wooden crossbar above the dvd box.
Do you see a relation between the two? :lol:

The actual dvd is can be found 10cm to right.
I don't get it. :|
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

I couldn't find his NPS DVD to the right either but check out the NPS LE Box set and what is' propping up :D
EvaUnit02 wrote:So my understanding of Brad's position has increased exponentially.
That's a sentence I thought I'd never here :D . It's hard isn't it.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9150
Joined: 08 Feb 2005, 14:39
Location: Wellywood, Kiwiland
Contact:

Post by EvaUnit02 »

bradavon wrote: That's a sentence I thought I'd never here :D . It's hard isn't it.
I have DVDs which I bought in like April that I still haven't opened (eg Zhang Yimou's Happy Times).
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:That's a fair amount, yes DVDs :D (is your girlfriend a possession? ;) ).
Ofcourse my girlfriend is a possession. Just like I'm her possession.
:)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

Awwwwwwww........ bleech! :D
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I just put my DVDs in the order I get them (kind of) but not all of them are on the "IKEA" DVD towers. Some are on a bookcase high on the wall. (Lost S1, Blackadder, 3 Colours Trilogy, King Kong Tin etc)
Just realised I'm going through the third tower faster than usual.... :?

I don't have a digital camera either :(
User avatar
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 7059
Joined: 29 Oct 2004, 23:36
Location: Basin City
Contact:

Post by thelostdragon »

bradavon wrote:That's a sentence I thought I'd never here :D
Just to add to the general "correcting brad" issues recently: it is "hear". :D
Image
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11925
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by HungFist »

bradavon wrote:I couldn't find his NPS DVD to the right either but check out the NPS LE Box set and what is' propping up :D
Right. Maybe I confused some of you by running out of my vocabulary. "Connection" would've been a better word than "relation". The biology books under the shelf also have something to do with this matter :lol:

The dvd is located between The Myth and Crime Story dvds.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

I still don't know what's funny. You'll have to explain it to an idiota. :?
Image
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11925
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Post by HungFist »

Basically the shelf would crash down if the NPS box wasn't holding it up...
(okay, it wouldn't crash down but it would bend badly for sure)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

:D Classic. Touché back at you Mark.
thelostdragon wrote:Just to add to the general "correcting brad" issues recently: it is "hear". :D
I know you guys get off on it :D but yes I know, it was a typo but thanks (it was well late though).
grim_tales wrote:I just put my DVDs in the order I get them (kind of) but not all of them are on the "IKEA" DVD towers. Some are on a bookcase high on the wall. (Lost S1, Blackadder, 3 Colours Trilogy, King Kong Tin etc)
I'm sure most people order that way but dude that's well dull :D
EvaUnit02 wrote:I have DVDs which I bought in like April that I still haven't opened (eg Zhang Yimou's Happy Times).
I always open them but that's it at first. I used to sample all of them but don't do that any more.
HungFist wrote:Right. Maybe I confused some of you by running out of my vocabulary. "Connection" would've been a better word than "relation".
Relation is fine. Connection is more specific but relation sounds better.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

I order my DVDs in separate sections:

TV series. (Alphabetical order)
Western films. (Alphabetical order)
Asian films. (Alphabetical order)
Anime. (Alphabetical order)
Jackie Chan films. (In order of the film's original release date)
Jim Carrey films. (In order of the film's original release date)
Pixar films. (In order of the film's original release date)

:D
User avatar
Shen
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1481
Joined: 10 Feb 2006, 11:28
Location: Leeds, UK

Post by Shen »

mine are just in alphabetical order...god help them if they mess it up (i swear im almost borderline OCD, alphabetical, and straight :D)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Post by romerojpg »

I just moved in really so mine are everywhere and anywhere :D I ussually sort them by company, Fox, HKL, Criterion, Universal etc... its easy that way and the spines line up and look georgous :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Do you guys and gals order your pants in alphabetical order too? :D
User avatar
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4727
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 22:33
Location: Scotland

Post by BiscLimpkit »

thelostdragon wrote: So Bisc, all your DVDs are alphabetically from A - Z, no matter where they are from etc?
Yup, more or less. I'll need to do a wee reshuffle as I've sold/traded a few titles but it should all be alphabetical.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I know its dull Brad but I can't be bothered changing :D
Post Reply