Page 11 of 16

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 00:08
by tom2681
All my DVDs are sorted into 2 categories (Asian / Non-Asian) and then they're all in chronological order:
-From 1954 (Seven Samurai) to 2006 (Dog Bite Dog).
-From 1954 (20 000 Leagues under the Sea) to 2006 (Cars).

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 00:36
by brooce-leroy
Mine is the most unruliest ever. I sort (kind of) between what I have watched, and what is yet to be watched. Just one big mess really. I will post a picture one day. :D It really is the worst organised collection ever. :lol:

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 00:37
by bradavon
Why 1954? What if a film is released in the same year?

You don't have a mobile phone Shingster :| . I'm always shocked to hear this in 2006. I'm far from a big phone user (preferring e-mail) but even I have one. PayG of course.

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 00:40
by Yi-Long
I 'KINDA' have my DVDs sorted, but not really...
It's all in my bookcase, which has surprisingly few books in it btw... but I dont have nearly as much DVDS as most fo you guys seem to have.
I basically put animation and anime near eachother, asian cinema near eachother, and western movies near eachother... and that's pretty much it. It's usually a big mess though...

When i get a place with my girlfriend, wherever en whenever that might be, I'll make sure I'll get a good place to sort everything out nicely... along with the games and stuff... but for now I dont really care much about how my room looks. I just use it to sleep and excercise and watch TV...

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 00:58
by bradavon
Please do Bruce :D

How many do you have Yi?

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 01:04
by Yi-Long
bradavon wrote:Please do Bruce :D

How many do you have Yi?
Girlfriends? 1.

:P

I take it you mean DVDs, which I think would be about 200 or 300. I really dont know to be honest. I dont really buy that many, but obviously when you've been collecting for a few years, than you'll have a nice collection.

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 01:15
by bradavon
That's a fair amount, yes DVDs :D (is your girlfriend a possession? ;) ).

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 01:19
by EvaUnit02
Yi-Long wrote:I take it you mean DVDs, which I think would be about 200 or 300. I really dont know to be honest. I dont really buy that many, but obviously when you've been collecting for a few years, than you'll have a nice collection.
My collection went from about 50 to 250+ this year alone. So my understanding of Brad's position has increased exponentially.

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 01:34
by Markgway
HungFist wrote:Look closely at that wooden crossbar above the dvd box.
Do you see a relation between the two? :lol:

The actual dvd is can be found 10cm to right.
I don't get it. :|

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 01:38
by bradavon
I couldn't find his NPS DVD to the right either but check out the NPS LE Box set and what is' propping up :D
EvaUnit02 wrote:So my understanding of Brad's position has increased exponentially.
That's a sentence I thought I'd never here :D . It's hard isn't it.

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 01:39
by EvaUnit02
bradavon wrote: That's a sentence I thought I'd never here :D . It's hard isn't it.
I have DVDs which I bought in like April that I still haven't opened (eg Zhang Yimou's Happy Times).

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 01:46
by Yi-Long
bradavon wrote:That's a fair amount, yes DVDs :D (is your girlfriend a possession? ;) ).
Ofcourse my girlfriend is a possession. Just like I'm her possession.
:)

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 01:54
by Markgway
Awwwwwwww........ bleech! :D

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 09:18
by grim_tales
I just put my DVDs in the order I get them (kind of) but not all of them are on the "IKEA" DVD towers. Some are on a bookcase high on the wall. (Lost S1, Blackadder, 3 Colours Trilogy, King Kong Tin etc)
Just realised I'm going through the third tower faster than usual.... :?

I don't have a digital camera either :(

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 13:57
by thelostdragon
bradavon wrote:That's a sentence I thought I'd never here :D
Just to add to the general "correcting brad" issues recently: it is "hear". :D

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 14:01
by HungFist
bradavon wrote:I couldn't find his NPS DVD to the right either but check out the NPS LE Box set and what is' propping up :D
Right. Maybe I confused some of you by running out of my vocabulary. "Connection" would've been a better word than "relation". The biology books under the shelf also have something to do with this matter :lol:

The dvd is located between The Myth and Crime Story dvds.

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 16:58
by Markgway
I still don't know what's funny. You'll have to explain it to an idiota. :?

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 17:36
by HungFist
Basically the shelf would crash down if the NPS box wasn't holding it up...
(okay, it wouldn't crash down but it would bend badly for sure)

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 19:29
by bradavon
:D Classic. Touché back at you Mark.
thelostdragon wrote:Just to add to the general "correcting brad" issues recently: it is "hear". :D
I know you guys get off on it :D but yes I know, it was a typo but thanks (it was well late though).
grim_tales wrote:I just put my DVDs in the order I get them (kind of) but not all of them are on the "IKEA" DVD towers. Some are on a bookcase high on the wall. (Lost S1, Blackadder, 3 Colours Trilogy, King Kong Tin etc)
I'm sure most people order that way but dude that's well dull :D
EvaUnit02 wrote:I have DVDs which I bought in like April that I still haven't opened (eg Zhang Yimou's Happy Times).
I always open them but that's it at first. I used to sample all of them but don't do that any more.
HungFist wrote:Right. Maybe I confused some of you by running out of my vocabulary. "Connection" would've been a better word than "relation".
Relation is fine. Connection is more specific but relation sounds better.

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 20:14
by gasteropod
I order my DVDs in separate sections:

TV series. (Alphabetical order)
Western films. (Alphabetical order)
Asian films. (Alphabetical order)
Anime. (Alphabetical order)
Jackie Chan films. (In order of the film's original release date)
Jim Carrey films. (In order of the film's original release date)
Pixar films. (In order of the film's original release date)

:D

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 20:19
by Shen
mine are just in alphabetical order...god help them if they mess it up (i swear im almost borderline OCD, alphabetical, and straight :D)

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 20:20
by romerojpg
I just moved in really so mine are everywhere and anywhere :D I ussually sort them by company, Fox, HKL, Criterion, Universal etc... its easy that way and the spines line up and look georgous :D

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 20:21
by bradavon
Do you guys and gals order your pants in alphabetical order too? :D

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 20:51
by BiscLimpkit
thelostdragon wrote: So Bisc, all your DVDs are alphabetically from A - Z, no matter where they are from etc?
Yup, more or less. I'll need to do a wee reshuffle as I've sold/traded a few titles but it should all be alphabetical.

Posted: 12 Dec 2006, 20:56
by grim_tales
I know its dull Brad but I can't be bothered changing :D