Page 101 of 152
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 03 Sep 2009, 13:07
by Shingster
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 03 Sep 2009, 17:15
by romerojpg
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 04 Sep 2009, 09:28
by HungFist
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 05 Sep 2009, 03:09
by EvaUnit02
Beautiful vistas, Hung. Thanks for sharing. Also your old neighbourhood does indeed look utopian.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 05 Sep 2009, 08:56
by Markgway
I wouldn't even carry a camera in my neighbourhood.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 10 Sep 2009, 19:08
by saltysam
Still managing to lose weight...lost another 2lbs this week so 5st 10lbs in total...hoping to make 6 stone before my spanish holiday in 4 weeks...

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 10 Sep 2009, 19:15
by gasteropod
Consume a tapeworm, that'll help you out nicely

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 22 Sep 2009, 21:57
by grim_tales
Just got back from my Film class and quite enjoyed it

I could understand a lot of it (it was probably a lot of stuff I did in my A Level at college) but its good to reinforce stuff

Some of the language was stuff I'd forgotten, and I havent seen Carrie or Psycho yet so that was interesting to see bits from them

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 23 Sep 2009, 12:09
by thelostdragon
Hey grim,
you're studying film?
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 23 Sep 2009, 12:14
by grim_tales
Yeah

This is just a leisure course though (so no qualification/exams or anything). I also did A Level Film at college.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 23 Sep 2009, 18:52
by saltysam
Busy time ahead...wife's 50th birthday party on the 3rd October followed by 2 weeks in Benidorm on October 12th...after my health issues earlier in the year i cannot wait

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 13:30
by grim_tales
I had to go to the dentist today, was quite painful

Have to have a filling next week

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 15:02
by Markgway
Fillings suck. I'm afraid of needles so I go without. As you say: Painful.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 15:22
by grim_tales
I've only ever had two, and that was when I was very young. I don't remember them.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 16:31
by bradavon
You'd rather your teeth fall out than a needle? That makes no sense at all. Being afraid of needles as an adult is just stupid, sorry but it is.
Up until this year I had no fillings at all, sadly now I have one.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 19:59
by romerojpg
bradavon wrote:Being afraid of needles as an adult is just stupid, sorry but it is.
Well you ave obviously never had the very rare (as the dentist said it has happened once in her 20 year carear) thing of the needle hitting your nerve cluster as it goes in, causing mind boggling amounts of pain, so you clamp down your teeth onto the injection and crunch
I did, it was scary, it was a few years ago, it scared me for life

I need to go back and the chance of that happening again is no chance, but damn it hurt
Still not as much pain as what I was gettin the injection for

I was awake for 3 days with no sleep at all becuase of the tooth problem I was having, ended up having a nice root canal

and I got the titanium tip of an impliment left in my filled in hole as it snapped off
A few of my family are in the industry, so at least I get price cuts and free tips of impliments in my filling

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 21:00
by bradavon
No but I've had many needles in me, my during my life, trust me on that one. It's all in the head. You could also get run over but I bet you cross a road daily.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 21:10
by grim_tales
Yeah but an injection in the mouth doesnt sound nice

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 21:50
by IronMonkey
Stop being such a bunch of wusses & just take the pain. Its beautiful. Its what makes you know you're alive.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 23:18
by Markgway
bradavon wrote:You'd rather your teeth fall out than a needle?
Obviously not. I go without anesthetic.
Being afraid of needles as an adult is just stupid, sorry but it is.
It's a very common phobia. Some people are afraid of Spiders... heights... jelly babies... needles... Not stupid just because you don't have it. Fucking muppet.
Up until this year I had no fillings at all, sadly now I have one.
Brad - I'm amazed you have any teeth left what with your
personality.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 23:19
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:Yeah but an injection in the mouth doesnt sound nice

Brad loves injections in his mouth
Anyway, I have a bunch of fillings, but never had an injection. The dentist checks my teeth, sees that it needs fixing, and usually fixes it immediately on the spot. And yeah, it's fucking annoying and irritating to need fillings (I wish they could just fit me with some kinda indestructable 'Jaws' teeth-set, but I asked and they can't), but when it needs to be done, it needs to be done.
I'm not scared of needles (just had a bunch of bloodtests a few weeks ago, and just last week I was also in the hospital so they could send a camera-crew up my ass to check things out, so also needed to be hooked up to some stuff for that), and never have been, but I do remember 1 time crashing my head into an iron beam, and when they fixed me all up, they concluded with a tetanus-shot in the leg, and that bastard hurt more than the skull-crushing headbutt that I gave that beam.
The worst about fillings is the emotional damage though. It just reminds you that you are rotting away, bit by bit. I hate that. I also hate it when I chip a tooth or whatever. It's just awfull. I hate growing older and seeing your body 'decay'.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 23:22
by Markgway
romerojpg wrote:Well you ave obviously never had the very rare (as the dentist said it has happened once in her 20 year carear) thing of the needle hitting your nerve cluster as it goes in, causing mind boggling amounts of pain, so you clamp down your teeth onto the injection and crunch
When I was a kid I had to get mutliple teeth out and the incompetant anesthetist used my inner arm as a dartboard - the needle hit a nerve in my arm and bounced out. Blood trickled, pain happened... I cried. Been freaked out by the buggers ever since.
Yi-Long wrote:Brad loves injections in his mouth

Wish I'd thought of that one...

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 23:41
by Shingster
bradavon wrote:You'd rather your teeth fall out than a needle? That makes no sense at all. Being afraid of needles as an adult is just stupid, sorry but it is.
bradavon wrote:No but I've had many needles in me, my during my life, trust me on that one. It's all in the head. You could also get run over but I bet you cross a road daily.
You should consider a career in psychiatry with that level of insight! Christ you just get dumber and dumber by the day!

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2009, 23:51
by bradavon
Markgway wrote:Obviously not. I go without anesthetic.
I thought you said you go without the dentist, my mistake.
Markgway wrote:It's a very common phobia. Some people are afraid of Spiders... heights... jelly babies... needles... Not stupid just because you don't have it. Fucking muppet.
Most of them are just as ridiculous too.
Markgway wrote:Brad - I'm amazed you have any teeth left what with your personality.
You wouldn't believe it but I'm very different in person, as I imagine most of us are.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 30 Sep 2009, 08:33
by grim_tales
I bet people who say they're "scared of heights/flying" etc are actually scared of FALLING/crashing in a plane. I think most would be scared if there was a crash situation, so aren't those just rational fears and therefore not actual phobias?
Mark, much as I'm nervous about getting an injection in my gum I think it has to be better than going without anasthetic altogether.