Page 102 of 152

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Sep 2009, 09:25
by tom2681
Hey kids.
Nice to see you're all still alive.

Love the new Bullets color scheme, BTW.
Hadn't logged in for almost a year. All of a sudden, it's like "Hang on, is this Bullets? Can't be, it's all blue and weird." icon_suspect

Oh, and re: the teeth and needles thing:
I totally understand Romero on this one. I had a similar mishap 12 years ago. Still hurts just thinking about it.
Don't want to see a needle again for as long as I live.

Anyway, nice to see you guys.
I'll log in again in september 2010 to continue the conversation. :rock:

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Sep 2009, 09:53
by grim_tales
Salut Tom, ca va bien?

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Sep 2009, 15:22
by saltysam
grim_tales wrote:Salut Tom, ca va bien?
bloody hell Grim that's rude,fancy telling Tom to fuck off from back where he came from :o

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Sep 2009, 16:33
by romerojpg
tom2681 wrote:Hey kids.
Nice to see you're all still alive.
and you :rock: :D

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Sep 2009, 17:02
by grim_tales
:D I asked Tom if he was OK/doing well :)

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Sep 2009, 17:06
by saltysam
grim_tales wrote::D I asked Tom if he was OK/doing well :)
Nice edit from what you originally said icon_suspect

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Sep 2009, 17:50
by Markgway
grim_tales wrote:Mark, much as I'm nervous about getting an injection in my gum I think it has to be better than going without anasthetic altogether.
It's a matter of choice.
tom2681 wrote:Hey kids.
Nice to see you're all still alive.
I thought we voted to ban him?

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 01 Oct 2009, 19:07
by saltysam
Been watching the old Travis music video "Turn" on youtube and have madly fell in love with the actress who gets Fran Healey a drink.Does anyone know her name,what's she been in and is she single :rock:

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 01 Oct 2009, 23:04
by Shingster
Definitely looks familiar, I think her name's Julie/Julia Smith. She was in Family Affairs IIRC. :geek: Good luck finding pics of her though, don't think she ever really became well known enough to appear anywhere online.

EDIT: Check this clip of screenshots from Family Affairs, I think she's in one pic at 1:35: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drLDCL2S_bo

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 03 Oct 2009, 16:30
by saltysam
Shingster wrote:Definitely looks familiar, I think her name's Julie/Julia Smith. She was in Family Affairs IIRC. :geek: Good luck finding pics of her though, don't think she ever really became well known enough to appear anywhere online.

EDIT: Check this clip of screenshots from Family Affairs, I think she's in one pic at 1:35: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drLDCL2S_bo
looking at IMDB she seems to have disappeared in recent years :? shame

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 03 Oct 2009, 16:53
by saltysam
My wife's 50th birthday party tonight...i have guests from work, guests from my old ghosthunting days,a few relatives,guests from my slimming world club,my normal everyday friends...none of whom really know each other ;) how do i give everyone my undivided attention icon_suspect

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 03 Oct 2009, 22:35
by Markgway
saltysam wrote:My wife's 50th birthday party tonight...i have guests from work, guests from my old ghosthunting days,a few relatives,guests from my slimming world club,my normal everyday friends...none of whom really know each other ;) how do i give everyone my undivided attention icon_suspect
You don't. Just ply them with alcohol and hope they pair off for a shag. Then you can quietly slip away and watch a Blu ray... :cool:

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 04 Oct 2009, 00:36
by saltysam
I'm home :cool: a good night and a decent party,the usual people who drink too much and embarass themselves were present but on the whole an enjoyable evening.About 120 peeps showed up.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 04 Oct 2009, 01:15
by Markgway
120(!) I don't think I've ever met that many people. It's amazing how free food and drink brings them out the woodwork.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 04 Oct 2009, 09:46
by grim_tales
I sang 2 songs yesterday but I was very nervous at the start, introducing the records and talking about them. I couldnt speak properly :(

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 04 Oct 2009, 12:07
by saltysam
Markgway wrote: It's amazing how free food and drink brings them out the woodwork.
the food was free,the drink wasn't :clap:

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 05 Oct 2009, 15:45
by Markgway
saltysam wrote:
Markgway wrote: It's amazing how free food and drink brings them out the woodwork.
the food was free,the drink wasn't :clap:
That'll learn them!

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 05 Oct 2009, 15:53
by grim_tales
Just had my filling done, it hurts a bit :( although it wasnt that bad I guess.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 05 Oct 2009, 17:01
by gasteropod
I hope it's not mercury!

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 05 Oct 2009, 17:09
by romerojpg
Or Mars!

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 05 Oct 2009, 17:56
by grim_tales
I don't think so Gas.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 05 Oct 2009, 18:15
by Markgway
gasteropod wrote:I hope it's not mercury!
Don't scare him! Most fillings are Mercury -- or were. Everyone I know has had a merc filling and they're still alive - for now.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 05 Oct 2009, 18:29
by grim_tales
It was an almagam filling I'd imagine.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 05 Oct 2009, 18:39
by gasteropod
Markgway wrote:and they're still alive - for now.
It's a slow process :lol:

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 06 Oct 2009, 01:24
by Markgway
Yes, I believe it takes until about 88 years of age to kick in.