Page 104 of 152

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 29 Oct 2009, 12:37
by Yi-Long
When are you gonna tell us about MadWorld, Grim!?

I'm still busy with the new PC. Seems to run fine, although there are some minor bugs/glitches here and there...
Today my mouse de-activated itself, but that was quickly solved by plugging it out and in again. Very weird.
Also the sound stopped working, and that was because it had changed the output. Also managed to fix that again.

The PC is still installing updates and such, like a whole bunch of minor ones, and today SP2. Hopefully that's the last of it for a while. Also updated my graphics driver.

Installed Painter X yesterday. Will probably try Bitcomet and Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign today...
Plus maybe some games.

Gawd, I hate the first week orso of getting a new PC: It's just all about deleting the pre-installed crap, and installing and configuring all the stuff you do want.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 29 Oct 2009, 15:00
by thelostdragon
Yi-Long wrote:When are you gonna tell us about MadWorld, Grim!?
I'm not Grim, but hey...
"MadWorld" is a very stylish, very brutal, but also very repetitive game.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 29 Oct 2009, 15:19
by Yi-Long
thelostdragon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:When are you gonna tell us about MadWorld, Grim!?
I'm not Grim, but hey...
"MadWorld" is a very stylish, very brutal, but also very repetitive game.
Thanks LD,

...does the insane violence ever get boring!? Or do you keep playing it to improve scores and find new ways to slaughter people!?!?

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 29 Oct 2009, 16:10
by grim_tales
Yi,
Madworld is quite funny so far :D It's satisfying just wandering around killing people :D

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 29 Oct 2009, 18:34
by Markgway
grim_tales wrote:It's satisfying just wandering around killing people
Be afraid. Be very afraid. :help:

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 29 Oct 2009, 20:18
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:Yi,
Madworld is quite funny so far :D It's satisfying just wandering around killing people :D
Ow I know, Grim. I know. :evil: :evil: :evil: It's delightfull! :thumbs:

I heard it might be about 10 bucks at a local store, so I'll see if I'll pick it up, so my girlfriend can play it. Not sure if she'd like it, but maybe her sister or mother will find it funny.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Oct 2009, 16:30
by grim_tales
Just had a tooth out, inside of my mouth feels weird :(

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Oct 2009, 16:31
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:Just had a tooth out, inside of my mouth feels weird :(
You're too old to be losing baby-teeth, and too young to be losing your regular teeth: what happened!?

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Oct 2009, 16:36
by gasteropod
Wisdom tooth?

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Oct 2009, 16:50
by Yi-Long
gasteropod wrote:Wisdom tooth?
It's GRIM!!!

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Oct 2009, 17:19
by grim_tales
That's right Gas, it was a wisdom tooth that was taken out.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 30 Oct 2009, 20:35
by gasteropod
A friend of mine has just had two wisdom taken out too and her cheeks have swollen up loads, she keeps complaining about it on Facebook and posting photos lol, she also said they wouldn't let her keep her teeth because she's not a kid! wtf??

I've only got my top two wisdom teeth so far and they seem to be fine, I can only hope my bottom ones will also be fine if and when they arrive.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 31 Oct 2009, 10:11
by Yi-Long
I never had any wisdom teeth come through... so luckily they haven't needed to be pulled :D

I did visit the dentist last week though, and a 'molar'(?) (In Dutch those teeth near the back are just called 'kiezen'), was chipped when I was in HK, so he gave that some fillings or something.

It's annoying, how you age and your teeth get worse and all the other problems you get when you get older. I find it hard to deal with, tbh.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 31 Oct 2009, 10:15
by Yi-Long
Ow yeah, decided to -re-install my PC with the 64-bits Windows, instead of the 32 bits version and all the pre-installed crap that comes with it.

I did it because I was having serious problems installing Adobe's CS4, but I'm sad to say that even after a format and clean re-install if Vista, CS4 is STILL giving me serious problems installing :(

Extremely annoying, as on my old PC it always installed pretty smoothly. :(

It seems many other people have the same problems with installing CS4 that I am having, considering the amount of people complaining online.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 31 Oct 2009, 10:34
by HungFist
I got a laptop about a month ago and it has been a bit of hassle with the programs. For example, believe it or not, powerdvd9 is approximately 20 000 times worse for taking screencaps than than Powerdvd6. At first I though it was something wrong with my computer but no, I indeed had to go back to the old version to be able to take caps without spending all day on it.

Anydvd I'm very happy with. Bought the life time license for it. It even makes Media Player Classic play BD's, and with MPC's "load subtitles" option viewing BD's with custom scrips is ridiculously easy (yeah, I don't think I wanna go through the re-author process with 40GB movie files...)

One thing I hate about this computer is the automatic updates. It always updates the clock back to Finnish time. God dammit.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 31 Oct 2009, 12:33
by Yi-Long
HungFist wrote:I got a laptop about a month ago and it has been a bit of hassle with the programs. For example, believe it or not, powerdvd9 is approximately 20 000 times worse for taking screencaps than than Powerdvd6. At first I though it was something wrong with my computer but no, I indeed had to go back to the old version to be able to take caps without spending all day on it.

Anydvd I'm very happy with. Bought the life time license for it. It even makes Media Player Classic play BD's, and with MPC's "load subtitles" option viewing BD's with custom scrips is ridiculously easy (yeah, I don't think I wanna go through the re-author process with 40GB movie files...)

One thing I hate about this computer is the automatic updates. It always updates the clock back to Finnish time. God dammit.
The automatic updates are a bitch indeed. Yeah I know they can be switched off, but when you have a new PC you want your PC to be as up-to-date as possible, so the first couple of days are just update after update... :(

The finnish time thing: Can't you fix that by changing the location-setting on your PC!?

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 31 Oct 2009, 13:04
by HungFist
Yi-Long wrote:The finnish time thing: Can't you fix that by changing the location-setting on your PC!?
Good idea, lol. Shows how much I know about computers :D

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 04 Nov 2009, 21:02
by grim_tales
We looked at animé (well, Miyazaki) in film class today, with Spirited Away and Nausicaa and the themes he uses in his films :)
I brought up Mononoke as well as it has a man v nature theme like Nausicaa - is Mononoke a Miyazaki film? Can't remember (I even have the blummin' DVD) :o )

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 04 Nov 2009, 21:36
by Yi-Long
Yeah, Mononoke is a Miyazaki movie, and a damn good one at that. Great soundtrack as well.

Spirited Away was a bit of a disappointment for me. Didn't really care for it. Same goes for Howl's Moving Castle. Maybe cause they were just a bit TOO weird for my liking.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 04 Nov 2009, 21:37
by gasteropod
grim_tales wrote:is Mononoke a Miyazaki film?
Yup!

In my Japanese class this evening we kept singing Totoro, and Hiromi was like 'Totoro? You've seen it?' hahaha

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 05 Nov 2009, 08:31
by grim_tales
Yi-Long wrote:Yeah, Mononoke is a Miyazaki movie, and a damn good one at that. Great soundtrack as well.

Spirited Away was a bit of a disappointment for me. Didn't really care for it. Same goes for Howl's Moving Castle. Maybe cause they were just a bit TOO weird for my liking.
Ha ha yeah, of course it is (Mononoke) :)
I'd also seen Castle in the Sky, Mononoke with SA and Nausicaa.
I think we should of seen the films in Japanese though, in Nausicaa I kept hearing Patrick Stewart...
Our tutor compared the animation style to say, Disney, how people were drawn etc, and said "Look at Snow White". I said maybe Snow White wasnt a fair comparison as that was Disney's very first full length animation and very old.
She's right about facial features though (people have big eyes...) and also mentioned that Tarzan (1998 I think) looks different from other Disneys but I havent seen it.

We also talked about Hitchcock films and said maybe Tim Burton is an "auteur".

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 06 Nov 2009, 18:38
by grim_tales
I went to first music/drama (performing arts) class today and quite enjoyed it :D The people were really friendly :)

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 13 Nov 2009, 14:41
by Yi-Long
I received a swineflu-injection this afternoon.

I didnt want it (very sceptical about what's in it, and if it's needed), but was pretty much forced into it because of my mum's health condition, so the people around her had to get a flu-shot.
Basically she has no resistance because of some blood-disease, so she needs to be protected against the swine-flu as much as possible, which includes the people around her also being as protected against it so we won't be able to infect her.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 15 Nov 2009, 18:25
by grim_tales
Had a pretty fun time going out to the Roald Dahl museum with the group today :D

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 18 Nov 2009, 08:43
by grim_tales
Film class was great this week :) It was about independent American cinema/US cinema. We discussed what makes an independent film so and looked at Res. Dogs, Memento etc. Cool.