The off-topic topic
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The off-topic topic
Very sorry to hear that Yi
That's awful 
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Re: The off-topic topic
Thanks Grim.grim_tales wrote:Very sorry to hear that YiThat's awful
Yeah, it's awfull, but luckily it's just a wrecked car, and apart from their aunt, no REALLY serious injuries. I hope the aunt will be OK ofcourse, but TBH I'm very relieved that everyone survived.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The off-topic topic
Hope your girlfriend and her family emerge unscathed.
It's always best not to travel in this weather.
It's always best not to travel in this weather.
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Re: The off-topic topic
ThanksMarkgway wrote:Hope your girlfriend and her family emerge unscathed.
It's always best not to travel in this weather.
I know, which is why I didn't go tonight to visit her.
She and her sis did check out the reports about the situation on the road though, right before they left, and there were no warningsigns or anything. She said all the info said the big roads were perfect and didnt cause any problems.
Will probably visit her tomorrow, but as she is on the other side of the country, I'm kinda dependent on the public transportation, so if there are no busses tomorrow, and/or the trains are a mess again, I either have to go by car (which I rather wouldn't), or I'll have to stay home (which I also rather wouldn't).
Ah well, we'll see. The important thing is they're all save.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14
Re: The off-topic topic
Very sorry to hear about your Girlfriend Yi, hope her and her family aren't too shaken up about it and the Aunt pulls through. I once knew a chap who suffered from PTSD after a car crash, it was a terrible affliction.
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Re: The off-topic topic
Thanks Shing. Aunt is back home now. I just threw a bunch of postcards their way, so should arrive tomorrow. Aunt had a couple of broken chestbones, and a broken wrist. Girlfriend and her sister have an aching neck, some headaches, and are just very tired and still a bit 'shocked' I guess...Shingster wrote:Very sorry to hear about your Girlfriend Yi, hope her and her family aren't too shaken up about it and the Aunt pulls through. I once knew a chap who suffered from PTSD after a car crash, it was a terrible affliction.
My GF asked and received for some time off in the mornings, so she can come in later than usual, and she made sure no-one bothers her too much at work by asking her to do shit she shouldn't be doing.
Will visit them this weekend, if the weather allows it.
@Hung: once again, great pictures, you lucky bastard.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The off-topic topic
Our snow is melting 
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
- Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Re: The off-topic topic
Here it's still lying around, but we live in a pretty quiet neighbourhood (yet extremely close to the city-centre).
I love snow, yet I hate the cold, and the mess that comes with snow. Once people trample it and it's melting in a sloppy goey mess, the fun is pretty much over.
I love snow, yet I hate the cold, and the mess that comes with snow. Once people trample it and it's melting in a sloppy goey mess, the fun is pretty much over.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The off-topic topic
I agree with Yi. I love snow at first, its really pretty but when it melts it's all sloppy and gooey and I dont like that sort of snow
Really hard to walk on.
There are some bits n pieces left round my area but its mostly gone.
There are some bits n pieces left round my area but its mostly gone.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The off-topic topic
The word you're both looking for is 'slush'.
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Re: The off-topic topic
Thanks Anne.gasteropod wrote:The word you're both looking for is 'slush'.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The off-topic topic
grim_tales wrote: it's all sloppy and gooey
There are some bits n pieces left round my area but its mostly gone.
- HungFist
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 11928
- Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
- Location: Japan
- Contact:
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The off-topic topic
A little boy raises over £30,000 for Haiti:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100124/tuk ... dbed5.html
Very nice to see

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100124/tuk ... dbed5.html
Very nice to see
- grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The off-topic topic
I did a bit more practising singing today 
- Shingster
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 4140
- Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14
Re: The off-topic topic
I remembered to breathe today, more than once!
I also had breakfast, and dinner!

I also had breakfast, and dinner!
- IronMonkey
- Royal Tramp
- Posts: 1950
- Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49
Re: The off-topic topic
But you obviously forgot elevenses & lunch & supper, so quite clearly you fail! 
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Re: The off-topic topic
I poked around in my nose a bit today. It's awesome that this body comes with it's own private snack-machine attached to your face. I got a nice crunchy green-yellow one, which was quite delicious, if I say so myself...
Other than that, I did absolutely NOTHING productive at all. Didn't even play a videogame. Another wasted day. Still, the snot was a highlight.
Other than that, I did absolutely NOTHING productive at all. Didn't even play a videogame. Another wasted day. Still, the snot was a highlight.
Last edited by Yi-Long on 26 Jan 2010, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The off-topic topic
I won the lottery, then woke up.
-
gasteropod
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 6868
- Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16
Re: The off-topic topic
Inspired by a dream, I bought some grapes.
-
Yi-Long
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8616
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
- Location: Alkmaar, Holland
Re: The off-topic topic
I almost saw a cat today.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The off-topic topic
I missed that one and nearly saw another.Yi-Long wrote:I almost saw a cat today.

