Page 108 of 152

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 20:17
by grim_tales
Very sorry to hear that Yi :( That's awful :(

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 20:47
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:Very sorry to hear that Yi :( That's awful :(
Thanks Grim.

Yeah, it's awfull, but luckily it's just a wrecked car, and apart from their aunt, no REALLY serious injuries. I hope the aunt will be OK ofcourse, but TBH I'm very relieved that everyone survived.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 23:52
by Markgway
Hope your girlfriend and her family emerge unscathed.

It's always best not to travel in this weather.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 10 Jan 2010, 00:23
by Yi-Long
Markgway wrote:Hope your girlfriend and her family emerge unscathed.

It's always best not to travel in this weather.
Thanks :)

I know, which is why I didn't go tonight to visit her.

She and her sis did check out the reports about the situation on the road though, right before they left, and there were no warningsigns or anything. She said all the info said the big roads were perfect and didnt cause any problems.

Will probably visit her tomorrow, but as she is on the other side of the country, I'm kinda dependent on the public transportation, so if there are no busses tomorrow, and/or the trains are a mess again, I either have to go by car (which I rather wouldn't), or I'll have to stay home (which I also rather wouldn't).

Ah well, we'll see. The important thing is they're all save.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 11 Jan 2010, 01:13
by Shingster
Very sorry to hear about your Girlfriend Yi, hope her and her family aren't too shaken up about it and the Aunt pulls through. I once knew a chap who suffered from PTSD after a car crash, it was a terrible affliction.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 14 Jan 2010, 17:37
by Yi-Long
Shingster wrote:Very sorry to hear about your Girlfriend Yi, hope her and her family aren't too shaken up about it and the Aunt pulls through. I once knew a chap who suffered from PTSD after a car crash, it was a terrible affliction.
Thanks Shing. Aunt is back home now. I just threw a bunch of postcards their way, so should arrive tomorrow. Aunt had a couple of broken chestbones, and a broken wrist. Girlfriend and her sister have an aching neck, some headaches, and are just very tired and still a bit 'shocked' I guess...
My GF asked and received for some time off in the mornings, so she can come in later than usual, and she made sure no-one bothers her too much at work by asking her to do shit she shouldn't be doing.
Will visit them this weekend, if the weather allows it.

@Hung: once again, great pictures, you lucky bastard. :)

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 14 Jan 2010, 17:53
by grim_tales
Our snow is melting :(

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 15 Jan 2010, 07:40
by Markgway
The thrill of snow wears off pretty quick...

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 15 Jan 2010, 08:06
by grim_tales
True.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 15 Jan 2010, 09:40
by Markgway
It's all but gone up here. Mind you I live in an urban area.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 15 Jan 2010, 11:01
by Yi-Long
Here it's still lying around, but we live in a pretty quiet neighbourhood (yet extremely close to the city-centre).

I love snow, yet I hate the cold, and the mess that comes with snow. Once people trample it and it's melting in a sloppy goey mess, the fun is pretty much over.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 15 Jan 2010, 14:07
by grim_tales
I agree with Yi. I love snow at first, its really pretty but when it melts it's all sloppy and gooey and I dont like that sort of snow :( Really hard to walk on.
There are some bits n pieces left round my area but its mostly gone.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 15 Jan 2010, 14:34
by gasteropod
The word you're both looking for is 'slush'.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 16 Jan 2010, 15:50
by Yi-Long
gasteropod wrote:The word you're both looking for is 'slush'.
Thanks Anne. :)

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 16 Jan 2010, 15:55
by romerojpg
grim_tales wrote: it's all sloppy and gooey

There are some bits n pieces left round my area but its mostly gone.

:lol:

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Jan 2010, 14:46
by HungFist
Image

God damn, watch this film.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 24 Jan 2010, 16:08
by grim_tales
A little boy raises over £30,000 for Haiti:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100124/tuk ... dbed5.html

Very nice to see :) :thumbs:

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 19:32
by grim_tales
I did a bit more practising singing today :D

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 21:19
by Shingster
I remembered to breathe today, more than once!
I also had breakfast, and dinner! :thumbs:



:P

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 21:24
by IronMonkey
But you obviously forgot elevenses & lunch & supper, so quite clearly you fail! :P

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 21:37
by Yi-Long
I poked around in my nose a bit today. It's awesome that this body comes with it's own private snack-machine attached to your face. I got a nice crunchy green-yellow one, which was quite delicious, if I say so myself...

Other than that, I did absolutely NOTHING productive at all. Didn't even play a videogame. Another wasted day. Still, the snot was a highlight.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 21:51
by romerojpg
I won the lottery, then woke up.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 22:00
by gasteropod
Inspired by a dream, I bought some grapes.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 22:04
by Yi-Long
I almost saw a cat today.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 22:06
by romerojpg
Yi-Long wrote:I almost saw a cat today.
I missed that one and nearly saw another.