Page 109 of 152

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 23:09
by thelostdragon
romerojpg wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:I almost saw a cat today.
I missed that one and nearly saw another.
Reminds me of this Ninja parade:
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/n ... videoembed

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 26 Jan 2010, 23:30
by Markgway
I DID see a cat today.

I said 'hi'.

It meowed back.

T'was nice.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 27 Jan 2010, 08:35
by grim_tales
gasteropod wrote:Inspired by a dream, I bought some grapes.
What were you dreaming about?! :P

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 27 Jan 2010, 13:54
by Markgway
Grapes.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 27 Jan 2010, 14:05
by grim_tales
Why grapes though?

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 27 Jan 2010, 14:16
by gasteropod
I'm not in control of what I dream about unfortunately :lol:

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 27 Jan 2010, 17:14
by Markgway
I think Grim's I.Q. is dropping. :D

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 01 Feb 2010, 07:56
by HungFist
HungFist wrote:The guy nowstairs has left his ski bag on the corridor behind the corner. Every time I go down I think there's a big black man standing.
Fucking indian now. Geronimo motherfucker!

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 01 Feb 2010, 08:21
by grim_tales
Scored 107 in bowling yesterday :)

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 02 Feb 2010, 10:04
by HungFist
thelostdragon wrote:@Hung
Apart from its TV and that it flips open very quickly, what is special about a SoftBank phone?
I'm slowly starting to understand what a wonderful thing this phone is. Aside the basic stuff - TV, internet, camera, bar code reader (for paying for stuff) - it has a brilliant dictionary. What do you do when you see a new kanji? You don't know how the write it, so dictionary is useless. Wrong. Just point at the text, and the phone will scan it, separate the characters from each other, turn them into writing, and translate into English. You can also copy-paste the kanji writing to email you're writing since it's now in writing form (as opposed to scanned photograph).

There's thousands of Kanjis, and many of them look very similar and are very complicated.

I was using a 7 year old Nokia in Finland. I'm amazed by this sfuff. Wow.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 02 Feb 2010, 10:56
by grim_tales
That's cool Hung :D

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 18 Feb 2010, 14:38
by Shen
Need some help guys. I know its been discussed here before but I can find it. What are the sites that buy your DVDs? I know there is music magpie but there are others too isn't there?
I've about 250 DVDs to get rid of, and quite quickly. I'd list them on Ebay or play trade but honestly, I don't have time to send them all off individually and spend time listing them. I'm moving out soon once my exams are over and its all a bit hectic and odd (If things get worse at home I'm moving in a couple of weeks). I can't really take them with me, because I'm moving 350 miles away for my final year then I'm moving over to Italy,. There is too many, there wont be enough room in either place and I don't watch them anyway. I know i wont get half as much as if i listed them on Ebay or such, but just gotta cut my losses. Have to prioritize the space and my 300 books are more important.

So yeah, help would be appreciated, thanks guys.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 18 Feb 2010, 14:55
by saltysam
Shen wrote:Need some help guys. I know its been discussed here before but I can find it. What are the sites that buy your DVDs? I know there is music magpie but there are others too isn't there?
I've about 250 DVDs to get rid of, and quite quickly. I'd list them on Ebay or play trade but honestly, I don't have time to send them all off individually and spend time listing them. I'm moving out soon once my exams are over and its all a bit hectic and odd (If things get worse at home I'm moving in a couple of weeks). I can't really take them with me, because I'm moving 350 miles away for my final year then I'm moving over to Italy,. There is too many, there wont be enough room in either place and I don't watch them anyway. I know i wont get half as much as if i listed them on Ebay or such, but just gotta cut my losses. Have to prioritize the space and my 300 books are more important.

So yeah, help would be appreciated, thanks guys.
Hi Shen long time no hear,hope you are well :) these will buy your dvds,fill in the online form and list your titles,they'll collect but you'll have to package them up.Be warned though,they won't offer much,they'll quote things like "market saturated titles etc" at you.

http://www.filmvault.co.uk/

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 19 Feb 2010, 23:24
by Yi-Long
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fyre3lAt64

Nothing special, but came across this youtube vid of a 'shy' plant, and this was the same plant I saw and touched in Hong Kong last summer. You touch it, and it curls up. Pretty cool.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 20 Feb 2010, 21:53
by saltysam
After a brief revival a few months back this forum sadly appears to be dying on it's arse again :| it's been like a morgue in here lately...

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 21 Feb 2010, 02:11
by Yi-Long
saltysam wrote:After a brief revival a few months back this forum sadly appears to be dying on it's arse again :| it's been like a morgue in here lately...
I blame Grim.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 24 Feb 2010, 05:24
by HungFist
Pimp my ride - Otaku style:
http://pinktentacle.com/2007/04/itasha- ... aku-style/

... might be the subject for the next Iwai / Kitamura collaboration:
http://jfilmpowwow.blogspot.com/2010/02 ... ai-to.html

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 27 Feb 2010, 00:19
by Yi-Long
Pretty damn good russian MP3 site. You can find pretty rare songs, and instantly listen to/download them.
http://prostopleer.com/

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 15 Mar 2010, 12:27
by Yi-Long
I think I might be buying a whole bunch of empty white dvd-covers for my 360 games.
Image

Just changed it around to try it out, and I feel it just looks so much better than the green box.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 16 Mar 2010, 18:39
by IronMonkey
LOL, what's the point?

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 17 Mar 2010, 02:12
by HungFist
To make em look better.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 17 Mar 2010, 10:41
by Yi-Long
Exactly. There was a discussion on a dutch xbox forum going on, about which cases people preferred: the original casings, or the 'classic' casings. As you might know, many feel the 'classics' just look 'awful'.

Anyway, I said I think both packagings look less than great, and I openly questioned the decision by MS to put them into green casings. I said I felt maybe it would have looked better if they had gone for white casings, because of the color white also being in the console (the first 360's) itself, as well as it being in the design of the 'flap' itself (at the top).

So I grabbed a Studio Ghibli dvd, took out the sleeve, put in the Batman 'flap', and took a picture. Looks pretty good, although TBH, if I really would have designed it and would have needed to make the choice, I would have gone for a 'broken' white, same as the colour of the console and in their own sleeve-design.

As it is, we can't really buy broken white casings, so normal white will have to do. At least it looks better than the green and grey casings. :)

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 26 Mar 2010, 17:05
by grim_tales
I had another recital today which went nicely overall and I think everyone enjoyed it, but I forgot some words :( That just made me angry with myself :(
I think everyone enjoyed it though which is the main thing, I just dont think it was perfect :( It gets to you :banghead:

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 26 Mar 2010, 22:48
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:I had another recital today which went nicely overall and I think everyone enjoyed it, but I forgot some words :( That just made me angry with myself :(
I think everyone enjoyed it though which is the main thing, I just dont think it was perfect :( It gets to you :banghead:
You have Asperges, right!? So when you get mad at yourself, do you kinda flip out and do other people go 'WTF!?!?? What is sweet fluffy Grim doing!?!?', or are you still pretty much in control, and is it more 'internal'!?

Which songs did you sing btw!? :) It's great that you're going out on stage and doing stuff like this :) I know I'm absolutely crap at singing, so I wouldn't even bother trying. Plus I guess I'm too self-conscious for that kinda thing.

Re: The off-topic topic

Posted: 27 Mar 2010, 11:55
by grim_tales
Yeah, I have mild Aspergers or something like that. I didnt go into a massive rage, I just go to myself and the guy next to me, "Fuck I messed up, made a mistake" or whatever, which makes me sad/pissed off and thats all I can see - I concentrate on how I think it went for ME more, which maybe we all do. I always think "I could have done this better" you know? :) As I was psyched and wanted everything to be perfect.

I sang these songs BTW:

Amsterdam (John Denver/Jacques Brel)
Take Me Home Country Roads (John Denver)
Mighty Quinn (Manfred Mann)
Hey Jude (Beatles)
A World Of Our Own (The Seekers)
Morningtown Ride (The Seekers)
Georgy Girl (The Seekers)
On The Other Side (The Seekers)
Stop Crying Your Heart Out (Oasis)
When You're Gone
Get Back (Beatles)
Bridge Over Troubled Water (Simon & Garfunkel)
Summertime (Porgy & Bess)
Somewhere (West Side Story)