Page 111 of 152
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 06 May 2010, 21:56
by gasteropod
Cheers, I'm just relieved to finally know what it is and to start treatment after all these years of people not being interested and thinking I was a hypochondriac or something.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 06 May 2010, 22:34
by grim_tales
Sorry to hear that Gas mate

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 06 May 2010, 23:31
by Yi-Long
Good to hear they finally know what it is, Gas. Not knowing what the hell is wrong with you, thus not being taken seriously by many, is extremely frustrating indeed. Let's hope that with the new medicine, you'll be better soon.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 07 May 2010, 00:00
by gasteropod
Thanks guys, I hope so

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 07 May 2010, 19:14
by saltysam
Hope you get things sorted Gas.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 16 May 2010, 05:38
by HungFist
ok, time to learn to sing. Pisses me off when a Vietnamese friend is singing some fuckin Tokyo Love Story in karaoke and getting praise for it. Gotta take the mic and sing something that isn't fucking shit.
First project:
The Rolling Stones - Paint it Black
The Street Beats - I Wanna Change (
japanese)
Ozaki Kiyohiko - Mata au hi made (
japanese, very easy)
I wanted to sing
Owaranai uta by The Blue Hearts but it's
fucking difficult for a nihongo novice. Maybe graduation project

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 19 May 2010, 10:44
by bradavon
Ha ha. Check out the attention to detail. I bet it's dreadful:
http://hcc.techradar.com/blogs/team-hcc ... m-14-05-10
"though, amusingly, there will be an option on the DVD to watch the production with all the sex cut out"
The trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD0YQoAqmrU
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 19 May 2010, 13:16
by saltysam
I think it looks great.the guy playing Batman (Dale Dabone

) has got Adam West uncannily dead-on by the looks of the trailer.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 19 May 2010, 13:47
by bradavon
Porn stars aren't exactly known for their acting but then neither is Batman 1960. I'd give it a gander for sure. The 60s Batman is ace.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 21 May 2010, 16:35
by grim_tales
It's my birthday today

I'm on holiday now, in Greece

Got some money and cards (probably get presents when I get back home).
I went bowling today, I was rubbish

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 21 May 2010, 22:38
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:It's my birthday today

I'm on holiday now, in Greece

Got some money and cards (probably get presents when I get back home).
Happy birthday, man! How the hell did you end up in Greece btw, and more importantly, how is it over there?
I went bowling today, I was rubbish

Weren't you rubbish at bowling a few years ago as well? Didn't we tell you that you should just throw the ball down the middle of the lane so you would hit those pin-shaped objects at the end of it!? It isn't that hard! Stop embarressing us!
Don't return from Greece untill you have practice and you can bowl a 200! With your left hand! Blindfolded! While tapdancing and singing!
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 22 May 2010, 18:28
by gasteropod
Happy birthday for yesterday Grim, hope you're having a great time in Greece!
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 22 May 2010, 18:35
by Markgway
I think he means Grease - as in the musical.

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 23 May 2010, 00:25
by Shingster
A belated Happy Birthday Grim.

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 23 May 2010, 11:59
by bradavon
Happy Birthday Grim. I don't usually look at this thread.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 23 May 2010, 19:37
by Yi-Long
bradavon wrote:Happy Birthday Grim. I don't usually look at this thread.
...yet someone mentions a musical, and here you are. Typical(!)

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 26 May 2010, 07:36
by grim_tales
Thanks guys for the birthday wishes

I was in Greece with family on holiday.
Usually I'm much better at bowling than that

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 26 May 2010, 22:13
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:
Usually I'm much better at bowling than that

No you're not, you senile bastard!

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 28 May 2010, 13:53
by Yi-Long
Does anyone recognize from which movie this animated picture comes from?
Should be a japanese flick or something.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 28 May 2010, 21:20
by Markgway
Seems a little upset...
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 00:07
by Markgway
Link is unsafe according to my antivirus.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 03:13
by HungFist
Markgway wrote:Link is unsafe according to my antivirus.
Are you kidding me? The first link is a direct link to a picture in my photobucket album. It's a screencap from the film Love Exposure.
(and the second link is a link to the Love Exposure thread on this board)
What does your antivirus say about
this link?
EDIT: while perfectly safe, I should perhaps have added it's not 100% work safe

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 11:09
by bradavon
It's likely the Norton Anti-Banner is blocking it, instead of it being considered Malware. Anti-Banner is there to block those annoying adverts. It's likely a false positive.
Which I know is a dumb technical term but it means it's falsely flagged something up as positive. If it allows you to ignore and open, just do that. In this instance.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 12:23
by Markgway
I get a popup with a red X claiming their are 4 computer risks.
A link to the report:
http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?u ... bucket.com
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 17:18
by HungFist
I don't know about these things... but those four risks it's listing are not my photobucket album.
Brad is probably right about the reasons.
ok, I assume you can see the photo if I just add img tags to the link. Here:
