The off-topic topic

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Post Reply
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

I use photobucket myself and don't have any problem so I assumed it was your link/page.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

HungFist wrote:I don't know about these things... but those four risks it's listing are not my photobucket album.
I noticed that too. It looks like Norton's listing is stuffed up. The "Bloodhound.Exploit.281" looks to be Malware though and not a Banner. Still as you say, it's referencing links not relevant to us.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

I have to do another singing concert/recital tomorrow (same tracks as last time I think) with The Carnival is Over too.
Lots of words to learn/remember :roll: I have had some practice though.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

Sad events in South Africa marring the start of World Cup :( A coach crash in which students died and Nelson Mandela's great granddaughter was killed in another accident.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

Dissolvable Bikini…Yes Guys it Exists!:

http://www.laurenbernat.com/2009/08/dis ... it-exists/

:D
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by IronMonkey »

Awesome!
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

The trouble is, you'd look like a right perv. to whoever you gave it too.
User avatar
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 11927
Joined: 14 Dec 2005, 15:50
Location: Japan
Contact:

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by HungFist »

bradavon wrote:The trouble is, you'd look like a right perv. to whoever you gave it too.
I think most people here already look like a perv so no harm done :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

Ha Ha :D. It doesn't mean you want the bird on the beach to think that.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:Ha Ha :D. It doesn't mean you want the bird on the beach to think that.
Who cares what she thinks. She's running around naked. She's got bigger things on her head instead of thinking about you being a pervy, and tbh, so do you...
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

You know that recital I did the other day singing on stage?
I sang the song "Somewhere" from West Side Story and it was recorded :) I dont know how to show it to you though.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

I uploaded my performance here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUG-oshjTgc

I was so nervous though :( I shouldnt have tried to introduce the song :(
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

Good stuff, Gwimmy! :thumbs: You were pretty nervous at first, yeah :)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

Thanks :thumbs: Being nervous stands out for me, if I had prepared what I wanted to say it would be better :)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

I think many of us are nervous when we have to speak in public. TBH, it should be dealt with at a young age in schools, so children will get more confident.

It's pretty damn simple to include in normal lessons: just start by having kids stand up when they have to give an answer, and slowly build from there, untill they can stand in front of the class on their own, on top of a table, shouting their bookreport or something.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

Well done Grim, I don't think I'd have been able to do that, I've always had a problem speaking in public too (to a class, etc.) :angry:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

Thanks Gas, Yi. I'm not usually as bad as that, maybe if I written down what I wanted to say (my name, what the song was) etc :banghead: :help:
How did your problems start Gas? Is it similar to mine?
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

It's not really something I've seen as a problem as such because as Yi says, it is quite normal to get all nervous and feel stage-fright when having to speak to a class, but yeah the last time it happened to me was in a poetry class at Uni, I had to read mine out and I felt like I couldn't breathe! :lol:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

All I had to say was my name etc and I felt like I couldnt breathe either, nothing came :icon_suspect: :lol:
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Shingster »

Fucking hell, I'd heard Rick Astley was making a come back but I never suspected he'd be hiding out on the BnB all these years! Wasn't expecting you to be a baritone Grim. I thought that was Tony Kaye introducing you for a second there as well!
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

Is that a good thing I look like him? :D Someone on YT posted a nasty comment (not you).
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

grim_tales wrote:Is that a good thing I look like him? :D Someone on YT posted a nasty comment (not you).
Whenever ANYONE posts a video on youtube, there will be nasty comments. Especially when they feel they can kick someone down. I guess that makes their day a bit more fun or something. You could be Shakira posting a video of yourself in your panties, and there will still be people insulting you...

Don't let any of that get to you, and if it does, maybe just disable the feedback function for that clip.

You did a great thing. You sang in front of an audience even though you were nervous, and you sang pretty well. That's more than 99% of the rest of the people here or wherever would dare to do, let alone posting it yourself on internet.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

Should I say something back? The guy asked if I was drunk, what a tosser. I found what he said hurtful though I know not everyone will like it.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Shingster »

grim_tales wrote:Is that a good thing I look like him? :D Someone on YT posted a nasty comment (not you).
Well he's famous for being a shy, unassuming and rather small white guy with a very deep singing voice.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

Well done Grim for having the balls to get up on stage and perform even though you knew how nervous you would be. I think that's the most nervous I've ever seen anyone but you made it through. Kudos. :thumbs:
Image
Post Reply