Page 112 of 152
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 22:46
by Markgway
I use photobucket myself and don't have any problem so I assumed it was your link/page.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 02 Jun 2010, 22:54
by bradavon
HungFist wrote:I don't know about these things... but those four risks it's listing are not my photobucket album.
I noticed that too. It looks like Norton's listing is stuffed up. The "Bloodhound.Exploit.281" looks to be Malware though and not a Banner. Still as you say, it's referencing links not relevant to us.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 10 Jun 2010, 21:28
by grim_tales
I have to do another singing concert/recital tomorrow (same tracks as last time I think) with The Carnival is Over too.
Lots of words to learn/remember

I have had some practice though.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 11 Jun 2010, 18:12
by grim_tales
Sad events in South Africa marring the start of World Cup

A coach crash in which students died and Nelson Mandela's great granddaughter was killed in another accident.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 14 Jun 2010, 22:27
by bradavon
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 15 Jun 2010, 08:34
by IronMonkey
Awesome!
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 15 Jun 2010, 13:18
by bradavon
The trouble is, you'd look like a right perv. to whoever you gave it too.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 15 Jun 2010, 13:33
by HungFist
bradavon wrote:The trouble is, you'd look like a right perv. to whoever you gave it too.
I think most people here already look like a perv so no harm done

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 15 Jun 2010, 13:47
by bradavon
Ha Ha

. It doesn't mean you want the bird on the beach to think that.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 15 Jun 2010, 14:04
by Yi-Long
bradavon wrote:Ha Ha

. It doesn't mean you want the bird on the beach to think that.
Who cares what she thinks. She's running around naked. She's got bigger things on her head instead of thinking about you being a pervy, and tbh, so do you...
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 15 Jun 2010, 14:41
by grim_tales
You know that recital I did the other day singing on stage?
I sang the song "Somewhere" from West Side Story and it was recorded

I dont know how to show it to you though.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 17 Jun 2010, 16:16
by grim_tales
I uploaded my performance here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUG-oshjTgc
I was so nervous though

I shouldnt have tried to introduce the song

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 17 Jun 2010, 16:47
by Yi-Long
Good stuff, Gwimmy!

You were pretty nervous at first, yeah

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 17 Jun 2010, 16:58
by grim_tales
Thanks

Being nervous stands out for me, if I had prepared what I wanted to say it would be better

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 17 Jun 2010, 18:17
by Yi-Long
I think many of us are nervous when we have to speak in public. TBH, it should be dealt with at a young age in schools, so children will get more confident.
It's pretty damn simple to include in normal lessons: just start by having kids stand up when they have to give an answer, and slowly build from there, untill they can stand in front of the class on their own, on top of a table, shouting their bookreport or something.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 17 Jun 2010, 19:19
by gasteropod
Well done Grim, I don't think I'd have been able to do that, I've always had a problem speaking in public too (to a class, etc.)

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 17 Jun 2010, 19:32
by grim_tales
Thanks Gas, Yi. I'm not usually as bad as that, maybe if I written down what I wanted to say (my name, what the song was) etc

How did your problems start Gas? Is it similar to mine?
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 17 Jun 2010, 19:37
by gasteropod
It's not really something I've seen as a problem as such because as Yi says, it is quite normal to get all nervous and feel stage-fright when having to speak to a class, but yeah the last time it happened to me was in a poetry class at Uni, I had to read mine out and I felt like I couldn't breathe!

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 17 Jun 2010, 21:15
by grim_tales
All I had to say was my name etc and I felt like I couldnt breathe either, nothing came

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 17 Jun 2010, 22:29
by Shingster
Fucking hell, I'd heard Rick Astley was making a come back but I never suspected he'd be hiding out on the BnB all these years! Wasn't expecting you to be a baritone Grim. I thought that was Tony Kaye introducing you for a second there as well!
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 17 Jun 2010, 22:42
by grim_tales
Is that a good thing I look like him?

Someone on YT posted a nasty comment (not you).
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 17 Jun 2010, 23:02
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:Is that a good thing I look like him?

Someone on YT posted a nasty comment (not you).
Whenever ANYONE posts a video on youtube, there will be nasty comments. Especially when they feel they can kick someone down. I guess that makes their day a bit more fun or something. You could be Shakira posting a video of yourself in your panties, and there will still be people insulting you...
Don't let any of that get to you, and if it does, maybe just disable the feedback function for that clip.
You did a great thing. You sang in front of an audience even though you were nervous, and you sang pretty well. That's more than 99% of the rest of the people here or wherever would dare to do, let alone posting it yourself on internet.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 17 Jun 2010, 23:10
by grim_tales
Should I say something back? The guy asked if I was drunk, what a tosser. I found what he said hurtful though I know not everyone will like it.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 18 Jun 2010, 00:15
by Shingster
grim_tales wrote:Is that a good thing I look like him?

Someone on YT posted a nasty comment (not you).
Well he's famous for being a shy, unassuming and rather small white guy with a very deep singing voice.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 18 Jun 2010, 00:36
by Markgway
Well done Grim for having the balls to get up on stage and perform even though you knew how nervous you would be. I think that's the most nervous I've ever seen anyone but you made it through. Kudos.
