Page 116 of 152
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 22 Aug 2010, 17:37
by grim_tales
Phew!

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 22 Aug 2010, 18:20
by saltysam
Spot the action star
Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
Uploaded with
ImageShack.us
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 22 Aug 2010, 20:34
by gasteropod
saltysam wrote:In other breaking news i felt my bladder needed emptying around 4:15 am this morning,however after some deliberation i felt it was unwarranted to leave my warm comfy bed at such an ungodly hour and made the decision to hold it in till the alarm went off at 05:55 hrs.
I cracked out a cheeky 'lol'

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 23 Aug 2010, 04:00
by Markgway
saltysam wrote:
Keith Vitali
???
Cynthia Rothrock
Richard Norton
Matthias Hues
Loren Avedon
Don Wilson
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 23 Aug 2010, 13:32
by HungFist
Why do I always schedule sushi and hangover for the same morning...???
Went to sleep at 4, woke up at 9 cause I had to got to the bank, then sushi, then fucking rain, then back home to sleep... just to have a terrible nightmare (ex-girlfriend had given birth to my baby without telling me anything about it...)
edit: typo
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 23 Aug 2010, 15:00
by saltysam
Markgway wrote:
Keith Vitali
???
Cynthia Rothrock
Richard Norton
Matthias Hues
Loren Avedon
Don Wilson
Think the 2nd guy must be a fan who jumped into the picture

the guy in the 2nd pic between Rothrock & Norton is Conan Lee.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 23 Aug 2010, 15:56
by Yi-Long
The second guy is obviously Sylvester Stallone!
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 23 Aug 2010, 19:42
by Markgway
saltysam wrote:the guy in the 2nd pic between Rothrock & Norton is Conan Lee.
Yeah, he looks pretty much the same.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 23 Aug 2010, 20:41
by grim_tales
HungFist wrote:Why do I always schedule sushi and hangover for the same morning...???
Went to sleep at 4, woke up at 9 cause I had to got to the bank, then sushi, then fucking rain, then back home to sleep... just to have a terrible nightmare (ex-girlfriend had given bith to my baby without telling me anything about it...)
Sounds like a candidate for The Jeremy Kyle Show

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 26 Aug 2010, 17:18
by bradavon
I noticed not one but three parking tickets on my car recently (I'm barely driving it at the moment). I e-mailed the local council to say I didn't think this was fair because the paint on the road has almost completely worn away (there are just a few white marks left, presumabely once saying disabled) and the sign that says it's disabled you cannot see in the dark, but as there was a sign I was prepared to pay for one of them. I called today and to my amazement all three have been cancelled, with the reason "parking ticket challenge accepted"!
I was so expecting some big challenge or having to fill in some stupid bureaucratic form but just like that, they cancelled all of them. I never expected that. On occasion the little man really does prevail.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 26 Aug 2010, 17:43
by gasteropod
Haha, not bad mate

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 26 Aug 2010, 18:04
by bradavon
I know. Especially as I clearly said, I was prepared to pay the cheapest ticket. Our council is usually run by a bunch of knob heads, so I never thought there was really any point even trying to challenge it.
Two of the tickets were for £70 (or £35 if paid within 14 days) and the last for £50 (or £25 if paid within 14 days). I looked it up and the higher amount is for "high level contraventions". The car hadn't moved, so why did two wardens consider it high and the last low? Surely it should be clearly laid out for them. I guess not!
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 27 Aug 2010, 12:31
by Markgway
Proves that it's always worth a challenge.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 15 Sep 2010, 21:25
by saltysam
Off to a large function in London tomorrow,been selected as one of the representatives for my company who are up for a few awards.All expenses paid first class travel and a posh hotel but i'm dreading it,not really my scene at all and i'm wishing i had the balls to pull out

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 16 Sep 2010, 00:02
by Markgway
saltysam wrote:All expenses paid first class travel and a posh hotel
What a fucking nightmare!?!

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 18 Sep 2010, 15:48
by bradavon
I know what you mean Salty. They're always such a drag, are they anyone's scene? I doubt it. I used to have to spend a week, twice a year at a Birmingham NEC show. It was always super boring but I did it because due to the sheer amount of overtime it incurred, my salary that month went up by a third. Which obviously made it worthwhile.
How many days is it? First Class flight. In these economic times!
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 18 Sep 2010, 15:49
by bradavon
The Geek who managed to watch every film from Empire's Top 500 films of all time in just 365 days:
http://www.empireonline.com/empireblogs ... /post/p931
Damn impressive. He's the ultimate film boffin. I bet Hungfist could beat him

. When this list was published back in 2008, I had managed to see 224 of the films in the top 500. I've no idea what it is now. The list can be found here:
http://www.cinemarealm.com/best-of-cine ... -all-time/
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 18 Sep 2010, 15:59
by romerojpg
Watching what some other fool thinks is a good film

bahhhh sheep.
Especially shitty Empire lists
Nothing impressive at all in any way about that, apart from how sad that fool is. I watch far far more than that in shorter space of time, and things I acctually want to see (and not be told to see). I can get thru a whole TV series of 24 episodes in one weekend. Which would be 10-12 films in 48 hours, he has nothing on me.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 18 Sep 2010, 16:21
by saltysam
Survived my London trip,nice hotel just by Regents Park,propped up the bar until 2:35 am

the function itself was held at the Grosvenor Hotel and was hosted by Michael Portillo who i must admit was pretty funny...had to wear a fucking tuxedo,didn't even know how to put the bow on and needed help...
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4864/dickqz.jpg
Looking a dick in a dickiebow...how apt....

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 18 Sep 2010, 16:24
by romerojpg
Looks like you are being watched by the ladies behind you

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 18 Sep 2010, 16:29
by Markgway
You look slimmer than I expected.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 18 Sep 2010, 16:53
by saltysam
Markgway wrote:You look slimmer than I expected.
why do you say that

been on a diet for a long time now
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 18 Sep 2010, 17:07
by Shingster
That's coz he's lost a shitload of weight. You look sharp in the Tux salty, can't be bad to get dressed up like Bond and go to an awards ceremony at least once in your life though. I know I probably never will!
saltysam wrote:Markgway wrote:You look slimmer than I expected.
why do you say that

been on a diet for a long time now
I assume it's because you've mentioned your weight on here in the past, back when you were bigger.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 18 Sep 2010, 22:49
by Markgway
saltysam wrote:Markgway wrote:You look slimmer than I expected.
why do you say that

been on a diet for a long time now
Yeah, but last time you mentioned your diet you were still really heavy.
Most people give up after a couple of weeks.
You have a will of iron it seems.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 18 Sep 2010, 22:58
by saltysam
Well i'm not that slim...i was 14 st 3.5 lbs at weigh-in on Wednesday. much better than the 20-odd stone i was though

i'm very determined not to slip back to my old ways...to put it all back on again would be a waste.