The off-topic topic

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Post Reply
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

I went out dressed as Russell Brand last night :lol:

Image
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

Why?
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

Fancy dress night...
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by romerojpg »

Did you smack the photographer in the face, talk total bollocks and have sex with lots of 15 year old girls then ;) and then get arrested :lol:
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

I'm not aware of him having sex with 15 year olds :icon_suspect:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by romerojpg »

I am sure he is not either :lol:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

:D

Ha ha @ Gas. Good work. I love the idea of fancy dress and love it when everyone else does it but never feel comfortable doing it myself. The outfits often look like they'll get really annoying after 30mins. Yours looks okay though. What did others go as?
romerojpg wrote:Watching what some other fool thinks is a good film :lol: bahhhh sheep.
Sigh. You've again completely missed the point. He decided to lay a challenge down to himself and achieved it. He points out he discovered some movie gems, he may not have otherwise seen.

To see 500 films (and work) in only 365 days is an impressive feet. You see more than 500 films in less than a 365 days, work and do it every year? I don't believe you.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote: To see 500 films (and work) in only 365 days is an impressive feet. You see more than 500 films in less than a 365 days, work and do it every year? I don't believe you.
I work and do plenty of other things that take up days, and I watch more totaled up TV shows/films than "500 films" a year, far more. 1.3 films a day is not exactly loads, a few people on this very forum do more than that.
In fact I would say most normal people watch far more TV than that if you add up just the Soaps/TV shows/football etc.. they watch quite a few hours a day worth easy.

Gladly I don't even watch TV, I watch what I want on DVD/HD etc.. Instead of sitting back on a night and watching Eastenders, Corination Street, a footy match and loads of banal shit on TV for 6-8 hours a night like normal people, I just stick on a film, TV shows and watch that for 6-8 hours if I am in. No ad breaks, not bollocks that I don't want to watch which normal people just sit back and watch as there is nothing better on TV or are just to lazy to turn in off and do something else.

Just because you don't watch anything Brad, don't be silly saying "I don't believe you".

This month already I have watched two TV show dvd box sets (20+ episodes per set), been to the cinema 10+ times and watched at least 10+ films at home or friends homes, so don't say silly things. Its not exactly hard to watch what you want for a few hours a night, turn off the net for a start :thumbs:
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

bradavon wrote:What did others go as?
Where's Wally, Bo Peep, Moulin Rouge, Cheryl Cole, and the best of all... the only gay in the village :lol: Unfortunately a lot of people couldn't be bothered, boring bastards!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:In fact I would say most normal people watch far more TV than that if you add up just the Soaps/TV shows/football etc.. they watch quite a few hours a day worth easy.
Fair point. Those for me are nothing shows. I can easily have EastEnders on in the background, being doing loads of stuff but not miss a thing. A movie on the other hand, I want to be concentrating.
gasteropod wrote:Where's Wally, Bo Peep, Moulin Rouge, Cheryl Cole, and the best of all... the only gay in the village :lol: Unfortunately a lot of people couldn't be bothered, boring bastards!
Moulin Rouge! Which one? I'm guessing Cheryl was that red/black outfit, with the split trousers?

Some friends of mine had a Where's Wally part. So funny, they all looked the same. I only saw the FB photos though. I'm usually the boring bastard. I'd do it "if" I looked cool but I'm too wary of not making enough effort and looking like a twat. I've been out wearing face paint and/or a mask a few times though.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

bradavon wrote:Moulin Rouge! Which one? I'm guessing Cheryl was that red/black outfit, with the split trousers?
The red and black corset thing that girls love to dress up as for fancy dress nights, and yeah for Cheryl she wore the split trousers hah.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

Any pics? They sound hot.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

Haha, yeah there are pics but I shouldn't really post them on forums, gotta respect people's privacy and that!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

Fair point. No harm asking :D.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

Indeed :cool:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

Orange Mobile are so freaking dumb. I moved to T-Mobile back in April, ported my number over but from time to time Orange text me saying I've not accessed my account lately (Durh!) and it recommends a website to go to. I do this and it says "We're sorry, you don't have access to your account, this could be because you've recently left Orange". Gee, you reckon!
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam »

Finally reached by target weight of 14st 3lb at Slimming world-means as long as i stay either 3lb over or under this weight i go for free...however i'm off to Benidorm next week so i suspect it won't last long :)
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

Pint of vodka 'prank' killed man:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-11437449

I like to drink but "a pink of Vodka" WTF! It sounds like it was his own fault and not his mates.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

Indeed. A pint of vodka :o WTF :o
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

Buffoon.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

After I (could've killed myself) on those two absinthes earlier this year, I'd definitely not do anything that stupid again. A (17) year old friend told me recently he drank nearly a bottle of it. Bollocks. You would be dead! He's gangly too.

I get wasted from time to time but I know my limits and know what drinks my body can handle. Red wine is guaranteed to give me a major headache.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

saltysam wrote:Finally reached by target weight of 14st 3lb at Slimming world-means as long as i stay either 3lb over or under this weight i go for free...however i'm off to Benidorm next week so i suspect it won't last long :)
How much is that in modern normal measurements!?

I am 1,81m and now weigh about 73-74 kilos...

I was a bit heavier earlier this year, but I havent been able to eat much the last bunch of months due to excessive dental work, plus I'm working out a bit more and cut down on soda and chocolate...
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

Weighed myself again this morning, and I'm down to 70,3 KG's with some clothes on. That means I lost about 10 kg's in 2-3 months.

Ow, and I can pretty much do the splits again all the way to the ground. Want to go beyond the splits though, like I could back when I was younger. :) Not bad for a 33 year old loser.
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by IronMonkey »

You lost 10KG in 3 months? Crikey. I've put 13KG on over the past 6 months...
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

IronMonkey wrote:You lost 10KG in 3 months? Crikey. I've put 13KG on over the past 6 months...
Yeah... I was about 80kg's at my top, which is just too heavy for me. It didn't really show yet, but still, it's better to pinch that in the butt.

While my girlfriend was in Hong Kong, I did a lot of riding the stationary bicycle and just excercise with weights and stuff, but I think the most important thing has been that the last few months the dentist has pulled all the old fillings (mercury) and replaced them all, so you can imagine chewing food wasn't as pleasant as it should be, so I also eat a bit less... plus just lots less chocolate and softdrinks...

Right now I still can't chew properly with my right side btw... but the dentist said one of the fillings was so deep that it might take a couple of months... so I'm just kinda waiting it out...

You GAINED 13 KG's? Damn... that's not really Master Ninja behaviour, is it!?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Post Reply