Page 117 of 152
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 18 Sep 2010, 23:17
by gasteropod
I went out dressed as Russell Brand last night

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 19 Sep 2010, 02:17
by Markgway
Why?
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 19 Sep 2010, 14:04
by gasteropod
Fancy dress night...
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 19 Sep 2010, 16:05
by romerojpg
Did you smack the photographer in the face, talk total bollocks and have sex with lots of 15 year old girls then

and then get arrested

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 19 Sep 2010, 16:19
by gasteropod
I'm not aware of him having sex with 15 year olds

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 19 Sep 2010, 16:28
by romerojpg
I am sure he is not either

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 19 Sep 2010, 17:12
by bradavon
Ha ha @ Gas. Good work. I love the idea of fancy dress and love it when everyone else does it but never feel comfortable doing it myself. The outfits often look like they'll get really annoying after 30mins. Yours looks okay though. What did others go as?
romerojpg wrote:Watching what some other fool thinks is a good film

bahhhh sheep.
Sigh. You've again completely missed the point. He decided to lay a challenge down to himself and achieved it. He points out he discovered some movie gems, he may not have otherwise seen.
To see 500 films (and work) in only 365 days is an impressive feet. You see more than 500 films in less than a 365 days, work and do it every year? I don't believe you.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 19 Sep 2010, 17:39
by romerojpg
bradavon wrote:
To see 500 films (and work) in only 365 days is an impressive feet. You see more than 500 films in less than a 365 days, work and do it every year? I don't believe you.
I work and do plenty of other things that take up days, and I watch more totaled up TV shows/films than "500 films" a year, far more. 1.3 films a day is not exactly loads, a few people on this very forum do more than that.
In fact I would say most normal people watch far more TV than that if you add up just the Soaps/TV shows/football etc.. they watch quite a few hours a day worth easy.
Gladly I don't even watch TV, I watch what I want on DVD/HD etc.. Instead of sitting back on a night and watching Eastenders, Corination Street, a footy match and loads of banal shit on TV for 6-8 hours a night like normal people, I just stick on a film, TV shows and watch that for 6-8 hours if I am in. No ad breaks, not bollocks that I don't want to watch which normal people just sit back and watch as there is nothing better on TV or are just to lazy to turn in off and do something else.
Just because you don't watch anything Brad, don't be silly saying "I don't believe you".
This month already I have watched two TV show dvd box sets (20+ episodes per set), been to the cinema 10+ times and watched at least 10+ films at home or friends homes, so don't say silly things. Its not exactly hard to watch what you want for a few hours a night, turn off the net for a start

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 19 Sep 2010, 17:39
by gasteropod
bradavon wrote:What did others go as?
Where's Wally, Bo Peep, Moulin Rouge, Cheryl Cole, and the best of all... the only gay in the village

Unfortunately a lot of people couldn't be bothered, boring bastards!
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 20 Sep 2010, 01:42
by bradavon
romerojpg wrote:In fact I would say most normal people watch far more TV than that if you add up just the Soaps/TV shows/football etc.. they watch quite a few hours a day worth easy.
Fair point. Those for me are nothing shows. I can easily have EastEnders on in the background, being doing loads of stuff but not miss a thing. A movie on the other hand, I want to be concentrating.
gasteropod wrote:Where's Wally, Bo Peep, Moulin Rouge, Cheryl Cole, and the best of all... the only gay in the village

Unfortunately a lot of people couldn't be bothered, boring bastards!
Moulin Rouge! Which one? I'm guessing Cheryl was that red/black outfit, with the split trousers?
Some friends of mine had a Where's Wally part. So funny, they all looked the same. I only saw the FB photos though. I'm usually the boring bastard. I'd do it "if" I looked cool but I'm too wary of not making enough effort and looking like a twat. I've been out wearing face paint and/or a mask a few times though.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 20 Sep 2010, 08:08
by gasteropod
bradavon wrote:Moulin Rouge! Which one? I'm guessing Cheryl was that red/black outfit, with the split trousers?
The red and black corset thing that girls love to dress up as for fancy dress nights, and yeah for Cheryl she wore the split trousers hah.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 20 Sep 2010, 18:20
by bradavon
Any pics? They sound hot.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 20 Sep 2010, 18:24
by gasteropod
Haha, yeah there are pics but I shouldn't really post them on forums, gotta respect people's privacy and that!
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 20 Sep 2010, 18:38
by bradavon
Fair point. No harm asking

.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 20 Sep 2010, 18:40
by gasteropod
Indeed

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 20 Sep 2010, 21:39
by bradavon
Orange Mobile are so freaking dumb. I moved to T-Mobile back in April, ported my number over but from time to time Orange text me saying I've not accessed my account lately (Durh!) and it recommends a website to go to. I do this and it says "We're sorry, you don't have access to your account, this could be because you've recently left Orange". Gee, you reckon!
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 28 Sep 2010, 16:53
by saltysam
Finally reached by target weight of 14st 3lb at Slimming world-means as long as i stay either 3lb over or under this weight i go for free...however i'm off to Benidorm next week so i suspect it won't last long

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2010, 17:47
by bradavon
Pint of vodka 'prank' killed man:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-11437449
I like to drink but "a pink of Vodka" WTF! It sounds like it was his own fault and not his mates.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2010, 18:03
by grim_tales
Indeed. A pint of vodka

WTF

Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 29 Sep 2010, 21:20
by gasteropod
Buffoon.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 30 Sep 2010, 15:10
by bradavon
After I (could've killed myself) on those two absinthes earlier this year, I'd definitely not do anything that stupid again. A (17) year old friend told me recently he drank nearly a bottle of it. Bollocks. You would be dead! He's gangly too.
I get wasted from time to time but I know my limits and know what drinks my body can handle. Red wine is guaranteed to give me a major headache.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 30 Sep 2010, 23:33
by Yi-Long
saltysam wrote:Finally reached by target weight of 14st 3lb at Slimming world-means as long as i stay either 3lb over or under this weight i go for free...however i'm off to Benidorm next week so i suspect it won't last long

How much is that in modern normal measurements!?
I am 1,81m and now weigh about 73-74 kilos...
I was a bit heavier earlier this year, but I havent been able to eat much the last bunch of months due to excessive dental work, plus I'm working out a bit more and cut down on soda and chocolate...
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 04 Oct 2010, 13:43
by Yi-Long
Weighed myself again this morning, and I'm down to 70,3 KG's with some clothes on. That means I lost about 10 kg's in 2-3 months.
Ow, and I can pretty much do the splits again all the way to the ground. Want to go beyond the splits though, like I could back when I was younger.

Not bad for a 33 year old loser.
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 04 Oct 2010, 14:53
by IronMonkey
You lost 10KG in 3 months? Crikey. I've put 13KG on over the past 6 months...
Re: The off-topic topic
Posted: 04 Oct 2010, 21:06
by Yi-Long
IronMonkey wrote:You lost 10KG in 3 months? Crikey. I've put 13KG on over the past 6 months...
Yeah... I was about 80kg's at my top, which is just too heavy for me. It didn't really show yet, but still, it's better to pinch that in the butt.
While my girlfriend was in Hong Kong, I did a lot of riding the stationary bicycle and just excercise with weights and stuff, but I think the most important thing has been that the last few months the dentist has pulled all the old fillings (mercury) and replaced them all, so you can imagine chewing food wasn't as pleasant as it should be, so I also eat a bit less... plus just lots less chocolate and softdrinks...
Right now I still can't chew properly with my right side btw... but the dentist said one of the fillings was so deep that it might take a couple of months... so I'm just kinda waiting it out...
You GAINED 13 KG's? Damn... that's not really Master Ninja behaviour, is it!?