The off-topic topic

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Post Reply
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by IronMonkey »

13KG of muscle! Not fat! I'm body building at the moment. I'm up to 83KG. I had a car crash last year and after that went down from my normal 75KG to 70KG. Now I've got back in shape I'm trying to gain another 12KG to get me up to 95KG. That's my target for the next year coming - I want to do it gradually and safely.

So, I believe that IS Master Ninja behaviour... ;) :P
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

IronMonkey wrote:13KG of muscle! Not fat! I'm body building at the moment. I'm up to 83KG. I had a car crash last year and after that went down from my normal 75KG to 70KG. Now I've got back in shape I'm trying to gain another 12KG to get me up to 95KG. That's my target for the next year coming - I want to do it gradually and safely.

So, I believe that IS Master Ninja behaviour... ;) :P

OOOooohhh... muscle.... has Brad PM'd you for pictures yet!? :P

Why do you want to build up so much bulk? I can understand wanting to become sharp and muscular, but 'puffing' up seems a bit ott, especially considering that one day you'll get older, less motivated, and everything starts to drop and you'll end up with man-boobies...

My mom went to the dentist today and she asked about my dental-problem, and the dentist said that I should make an appointment to take a picture and they will have a look at it, and they might have to do a root-canal :?

2010 has been horrible so far. :(
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by IronMonkey »

Yi-Long wrote:OOOooohhh... muscle.... has Brad PM'd you for pictures yet!? :P
He did - I point blank refused. Sorry bradavon, I'm just not that way inclined! :rage:
Yi-Long wrote:Why do you want to build up so much bulk? I can understand wanting to become sharp and muscular, but 'puffing' up seems a bit ott, especially considering that one day you'll get older, less motivated, and everything starts to drop and you'll end up with man-boobies...
Its not a great deal. I want to get into competition MMA, so I need to be bigger for that. Plus it'll make me feel more confident. I'm not going overboard! And I'll never have man boobies LOL.
Yi-Long wrote:2010 has been horrible so far. :(
What do you mean "so far"? Its almost over! :P
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

A lot of shit can happen in 3 months lol.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam »

Just back from holiday...last couple of days were a mess...couple of neighbours were over there as well,should've flew home last Wednesday but when they got to the airport their flight was cancelled :? they couldn't find any help at the airport and tbh aren't the type to help themselves.Had to let them stay in our apartment wednesday night then i spent the whole of the last day of our hols trying to organise new flights,accomodation etc for them...sorted it for them in the end but what a fucking mess.
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

I weigh 57Kg and roughly have for years. I body weight barely moves, up or down. No matter what I eat. It's most annoying but also good I've never had to bother with diets.
User avatar
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp
Posts: 1950
Joined: 08 Dec 2004, 16:49

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by IronMonkey »

57kg isn't even 9 stone, that's crazy.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

I'm around that weight too, the doctor thinks it's due to my thyroid problem but I'm not entirely convinced because technically I should be overweight since I'm generally hypo. I suspect coeliac disease, but trying out a gluten-free diet for a few weeks is easier said than done. :angry:
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam »

my mum has coeliac disease.she has a very strict,gluten-free diet.
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
Xenon
Pedicab Driver
Posts: 246
Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 16:28

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Xenon »

bradavon wrote:I weigh 57Kg and roughly have for years. I body weight barely moves, up or down. No matter what I eat. It's most annoying but also good I've never had to bother with diets.
How tall are you? 1.60 m?
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

I'm feeling very sad today :(
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

grim_tales wrote:I'm feeling very sad today :(
What's wrong!?
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by gasteropod »

It's because Paul the Octopus died :(
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

My nan died this morning/last night... :( :( :(
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Markgway »

Very sorry, mate. My condolences.
Image
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 11:14

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Shingster »

Sorry for your loss Grim.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

My condolences, Grimmy... :(
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

Thanks guys. :)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam »

Deepest sympathy Grim
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by bradavon »

Sorry to hear that :(.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

Thanks Brad, Sam.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by grim_tales »

It was the funeral today... :(
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

You know those obtrusive pop-up adverts on website which are so fucking annoying, and also seem to bypass your pop-up blocker and all that....!?

... they really work!!!

On IGN that Alien Anthology pop-up kept..... well.. popping up....

...and the first couple of times I just clicked it away without really paying attention to it all....

... but after a while I started thinking: ow yeah....I still never watched Alien 3 and 4...

So I'll be downloading that soon! Thanks for the pop-up reminder!
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8616
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:46
Location: Alkmaar, Holland

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by Yi-Long »

On the whole Amazon.com thing, where the post-office tried to rip me off so I declined the package...

Amazon mailed me last week orso:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $122.91 for your Order ***.
:thumbs: :clap:

Awesome news, especially because Amazon really had no blame in any of this. :) I'm happy it all worked out and the money will be back in my account soon. :)
Image
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam »

Amazon always refund your money when an order is returned to them.it's their standard practice.
working class blu-ray fan
Post Reply