My "kids" are 19 & 22 years old Bradbradavon wrote: still not managed the rest. 4-5 a week, with kids is impressive.
The Amazon Bargains Thread!
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
working class blu-ray fan
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Yup old enough to give you pocket money 
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Amazon marketplace seller selling the Rambo BD Box set for £19 delivered-£4.75 a movie bargain!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... 665&sr=1-3
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... 665&sr=1-3
working class blu-ray fan
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
working class blu-ray fan
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Also similar price on Play (1p more but you can use Quidco and get it cheaper). You could also use the Joker code to get £2 more off, but too many people used it and the canned it 2 days ago, shame.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Buy one get one free on selected titles starts Monday 14th September
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html ... =293962011
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html ... =293962011
working class blu-ray fan
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
I'd get Taken and Quantum of Solace 
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Slumdog Millionaire and The Duchess for me, both excellent films.
Thanks Salty. I'm tempted by Australia too but will probably pass on that one.
Thanks Salty. I'm tempted by Australia too but will probably pass on that one.
Last edited by bradavon on 06 Feb 2012, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Die Hard 1&2 for less than a tenner is a mega-bargain.
working class blu-ray fan
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
I'm all over DIE HARD 1 & 2.
OK. No Stereo tracks (which I prefer). But if the DTS-HD is as good as I've heard on other discs there shouldn't be a problem. And that price is unpassupable (new word).
Quite interested in QUANTUM OF SOLACE also (even though it's a heftier tag)... but not sure what I'd get with it. TAKEN rocks but for some reason the UK disc is missing a bunch of extras (including two commentaries) from the Region A.
PREDATOR isn't a bad film but again the extras from the 2-disc DVD are conspicuously absent.
OK. No Stereo tracks (which I prefer). But if the DTS-HD is as good as I've heard on other discs there shouldn't be a problem. And that price is unpassupable (new word).
Quite interested in QUANTUM OF SOLACE also (even though it's a heftier tag)... but not sure what I'd get with it. TAKEN rocks but for some reason the UK disc is missing a bunch of extras (including two commentaries) from the Region A.
PREDATOR isn't a bad film but again the extras from the 2-disc DVD are conspicuously absent.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Does the UK DVD of Taken have extras? Bugger.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Both the UK DVD and BD have the same extras, it's just the USA BD has more extras plus both cuts. Personally given the high USD to GBP I'd get the UK one.
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
It's nice to have both cuts though.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Don't forget the small but irritating subs issue on Taken.cracking film though 
working class blu-ray fan
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
The UK release is missing subs for the French dialogue, right? Forgot about that.saltysam wrote:Don't forget the small but irritating subs issue on Taken.cracking film though
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
It is various languages missing
Croation or somit as well haha, I have avoided it as frankly the subs are a pain in the arse to put it mildly. If they cannot get it right, dont release it! I complained to them, then ignored me the shitheads.
-
Markgway
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 20194
- Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
I expect they're burnt-in on the US release.
Couldn't give a toss for the PG-13 version. Unrated for me baby!
Couldn't give a toss for the PG-13 version. Unrated for me baby!
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
The USA version has both cuts
unlike the shafted UK disc.
-
bradavon
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 24430
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Subs aside there's nothing particularly wrong with the UK release. Who needs the 12 rated cut and whose going to watch the extras anyway?
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Are you talking about Taken or Commando, Romero?
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
There are english subs on Taken,you just have the annoyance of having to switch them on for the very small amount of non-english dialogue during the movie.
working class blu-ray fan
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Taken Grim, there is no PG13 Comando.
Turning on and off subs is a joke, I did it for one disc Kill Bill Japanese cut, apart from that if you have to do it, then it is a fail disc. No way I want Taken with that sort of hasstle, sit back, relax and watch a film. Not go into menu's ever once in a while where you think some dialogue may be subbed.
If they cannot get a disc right, dont buy it when there are perfect discs elsewhere.
Turning on and off subs is a joke, I did it for one disc Kill Bill Japanese cut, apart from that if you have to do it, then it is a fail disc. No way I want Taken with that sort of hasstle, sit back, relax and watch a film. Not go into menu's ever once in a while where you think some dialogue may be subbed.
If they cannot get a disc right, dont buy it when there are perfect discs elsewhere.
-
saltysam
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 9357
- Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
I Agree Romero but Kill Bill had far,far more non-english speaking parts than Taken,which barely adds up to a minute in total.it's irritating though definitely.
working class blu-ray fan
-
romerojpg
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 8520
- Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
- Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
If I had never known it may not have bothered me, but since I saw it in the cinema I just want them lines on screen haha
-
grim_tales
- Bruce Lee's Fist
- Posts: 22164
- Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
- Location: St. Albans, UK
Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!
Thanks Romero 
