The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

Bugger, I didnt get that - I think mine actually shipped on 5/10/09 :(
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote:Bugger, I didnt get that - I think mine actually shipped on 5/10/09 :(
doesn't matter,if you pre-ordered at $24.99 you should get the $5 refunded.
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

When I got the shipping email it said "$0.00" under pre order price guarantee, maybe I'll get an email from them later.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

if you don't email them.you'll get your refund.
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

Sam - I'll ask my dad and let you know.

EDIT: No, my Dad didn't get that mail. :(

He got a confirm email (same as Grim's) on Oct 5th @ 22:37.

Sam when did you get your confirm? You ordered it before us.

How would you go about getting that $5 credit/refund?
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

Mark/Sam, I just got a mail from Amazon informing me of a $5 refund :) So it only cost me £10.27 including shipping. Result! :cool:
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

Ah, I'll ask my dad to check his mail for a similar mail.

EDIT: yep, he also got the $5 refund. :clap:
Image
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

Good on Amazon-not many e-tailors would do that- $10 voucher plus a $5 refund off an already discounted price :thumbs:
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Shingster »

I ordered this yesterday too, thanks for posting the bargain Salty. :thumbs:
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

Agreed. Amazon came up trumps on this one.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

Very nice of them :thumbs: $9.99 plus shipping is astounding for a brand new release such as this.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

Superb value.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

True! :D
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

2001 - US BD: $9:

http://www.amazon.com/2001-Odyssey-Blu- ... 801&sr=8-1 £9.79 including postage.
Its about the same price at the UK Amazon though (£9.98 with free postage).
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

Sony Blu Ray BOGOF for £13.99:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html ... dforums-21

I got the following:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
A Few Good Men
In the Line of Fire (Uncut)
The Quick and the Dead (Uncut)

Worked out at £6.99 inc. free delivery. :thumbs:

**EDIT: Since I'm getting CTHD on BD I've no use for my DVD. It's the original R2 pressing with poetic subs. If any collector wants it PM me with an offer.
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

Apart from Crouching Tiger, they have all been cheaper elsewhere for a long time in many sales, only the few new ones work out cheap.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

romerojpg wrote:Apart from Crouching Tiger, they have all been cheaper elsewhere for a long time in many sales, only the few new ones work out cheap.
Where? I looked around and those were the cheapest I could find. Are you holding back again you cunt? :mad:
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

Haha :) not holding back, but them 3 have been in sales for a while, most Sony titles I do notice fly down in price apart from some newer big films which take longer. I do the amazon markets once in a while and get them for £5ish, but them prices go up and down so you have to be on the lookout I guess.
User avatar
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 4140
Joined: 08 Sep 2006, 10:14

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Shingster »

I haven't seen any of those titles mark bought cheaper than £7. Romero's talking out his arse and exaggerating as usual.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

Agreed. I've checked for those titles INCLUDING at Amazon MP and haven't seen them for less than I paid. Unless Shing and I are just really unlucky.
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

Shingster wrote:I haven't seen any of those titles mark bought cheaper than £7. Romero's talking out his arse and exaggerating as usual.
If you say so :lol: considering I got 2 of them for £3.33 I guess that is not below £7 :lol:
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

Proof?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

Yeah like anything will do for you lot :lol: go back in time to 29th March 2009 on any good forum and find it yourself.

Even when you find it, you still will not believe it as you lot are always sore when you miss out :lol:

I even got 2 copies of Line of Fire :thumbs:
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

Romero's on about the glitch in the Amazon BOGOF offer over one weekend back then.it wasn't an official offer,more a fuck up on amazon's part,they honoured the prices though.Mark didn't even have a BD player back then so it's fair to say these are the cheapest they've been seen officially since he got his machine :)
working class blu-ray fan