Page 17 of 25

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 27 Nov 2009, 11:20
by bradavon
Markgway wrote:That's not what I said.
That's why I asked? I read both have the same pre-cut but am unsure.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 27 Nov 2009, 16:02
by Markgway
I'll let you know when I get the Region A.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 27 Nov 2009, 20:02
by IronMonkey
I went for Lucky Number Slevin for £9 delivered.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 28 Nov 2009, 19:50
by grim_tales
Dunno if this a bargain or not but its the cheapest I could find:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001IL ... d_i=507846

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 29 Nov 2009, 03:41
by Markgway
I got Kickboxer for $7.99+

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 04 Dec 2009, 21:05
by saltysam

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 04 Dec 2009, 22:32
by Markgway
Excellent price. Saw Uni Sol recently and it wasn't that great a film TBH. I won't bother buying.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 29 Dec 2009, 15:03
by bradavon
The Wrestler £7.48 at Amazon.co.uk:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wrestler-Blu-ra ... B001TJKVB4

Spec. looks the same as the USA disc but it also has an extra interview. According to the DVD Therapy review it's Region B but it's in the general Spec. anywhere, so they may not have checked it.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 01 Jan 2010, 17:25
by gasteropod

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 06 Jan 2010, 13:26
by saltysam
Fight Club just over £8 from Amazon.Ca..region-free i believe.

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... forum06-20

Home Alone cheap

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... forum06-20

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 06 Jan 2010, 18:49
by Markgway
Beware CA discs have bi-lingual packaging.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 06 Jan 2010, 22:25
by bradavon
Not all do. Personally it doesn't bother me. If it only came down to the cover, I'd always pick the USA one but otherwise I don't care.

Fight Club is £12 delivered. Good price but not low enough, for me to rush to get it. It's bound to be around £8 in the UK sooner or later.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 07 Jan 2010, 15:48
by romerojpg
As you say it will be in the UK bargain bins very soon for way less.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 16:01
by grim_tales
Groundhog Day USA BD -

http://www.amazon.com/Groundhog-15th-An ... 604&sr=1-2

Now I have BD I want to buy all these movies again :D :roll:

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 16:09
by romerojpg
Erm that is NO bargain. That costs more than any brand new disc I have bought over the last few months.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 17:02
by saltysam
romerojpg wrote:Erm that is NO bargain. That costs more than any brand new disc I have bought over the last few months.
You paid £18 for Watchmen DC ;)

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 17:06
by romerojpg
I said few months, that was wayy back in July :D

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 17:34
by saltysam
romerojpg wrote:I said few months, that was wayy back in July :D
Any idea then where Groundhog Day Region A can be bought cheaper than the price Grim posted at?As it doesn't appear to be out in the uk.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 17:36
by grim_tales
Will there be a UK BD of Groundhog? I can't find one. Perhaps its not released yet.
ETA: What Sam said.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 17:40
by romerojpg
grim_tales wrote:Will there be a UK BD of Groundhog?
Yes.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 17:48
by saltysam
romerojpg wrote:
grim_tales wrote:Will there be a UK BD of Groundhog?
Yes.
There's bound to be eventually.however at the time of writing there isn't,so Romero can this Region A disc be had cheaper to the uk than what Grim has found.?it's nearly £17 at Axel & £16 at Movietyme & Playusa.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 17:52
by romerojpg
I would not even bother looking, I dont do Region A :thumbs: paying over £10 for a cataloge title which will be in the £6 sales when it hits the UK is mental.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 17:59
by saltysam
romerojpg wrote:I would not even bother looking, I dont do Region A :thumbs:
i'll take that as your way of saying no you can't ;)
romerojpg wrote: paying over £10 for a cataloge title which will be in the £6 sales when it hits the UK is mental.
I Take your point that paying over a tenner for a catalogue title is ordinarily odd,however it's not out here and doesn't even have a release date so until it's out here your comparison with £6 UK sales isn't valid ;) Fair enough you don't do Region A,however quite a few of us here do so it seems a bit daft to jump on Grim's "bargain" when even if it was 50p it'd be no good to you :D

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 18:02
by romerojpg
Well I dont consider nearly £14 anything close to a bargain, any region.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 18:02
by saltysam
Simpsons complete twelfth seaon £12.80ish delivered.bargain if you like the show,it's currently £25-£26 in the UK.

http://www.amazon.com/Simpsons-Complete ... 055&sr=1-2