The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
Post Reply
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote:Well I dont consider nearly £14 anything close to a bargain, any region.
You've paid stupid prices for stuff many times,have you seen the light or has the credit crunch hit you ;)
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

Good price :)
GHD doesnt appear to be scheduled in the UK yet - Amazon UK/Play etc just say "Coming Soon".
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

S12 has some brilliant episodes (Trilogy of Error, Hungry Hungry Homer, Homer v Dignity) but some poor ones too.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

I only pay higher prices for things that will only be available for a short time, Limited Edition, not available elsewhere cheaper in the future, or the only way tgo get a certain thing that will never come out elsewhere.

Groundhog day will be far, far cheaper in time, in many other regions.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote:
Groundhog day will be far, far cheaper in time, in many other regions.
No one is disputing that-you can say the same about 95% of titles.not always though,i'm still waiting for that £6 bargain bin UK release of my favourite film AOP13,still not out over a year since the Region A appeared. Fact is Grim appears to have found the very cheapest price CURRENTLY
available in the UK for Groundhog Day Blu-Ray :cool: (oh and your point about Region A? This disc is region-free! ;) )
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

saltysam wrote: (oh and your point about Region A? This disc is region-free! ;) )
I dont really care much at all about which region they are :) I dont own many USA BR discs at all, as frankly most, if not all prices are crap compared to UK prices for most films.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

Sometimes they are, sometimes not.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

Grim they are pretty much ALL THE TIME cheaper in UK, I look and see which is the best price before I buy the hundreds I do. You are just blind if you think overseas prices beat the UK.

You cannot comment anyway you think paying £14 for Groundhog Day is a Bargain, it is not.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

I dunno, I thought $15.47 I paid for Goldfinger BD (with shipping) before Xmas was a good price. And what about Snow White BD combo? That was an amazing bargain.
TGTBATU was about $11 (not including shipping).
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote: before I buy the hundreds I do
Even if you averaged £6 a disc buying them in those vast quantities must still be costing you a fortune ;)
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

I'd be very surprised if Groundhog Day doesn't come out here within the next few months... unless you must have it right now I would wait.
Image
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 14:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

saltysam wrote:
romerojpg wrote: before I buy the hundreds I do
Even if you averaged £6 a disc buying them in those vast quantities must still be costing you a fortune ;)
Yup but think of all I save :lol: them few pennies as Brad puts it all add up in Quidco :D
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

Markgway wrote:I'd be very surprised if Groundhog Day doesn't come out here within the next few months... unless you must have it right now I would wait.
Fair enough :) Searching on Rewind (DVD Compare) it appears to be out all over Europe except UK, which is odd.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

It's been out nearly a year in France and it's still expensive

http://www.amazon.fr/Un-jour-sans-fin-B ... 654&sr=1-5
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by bradavon »

French discs are always expensive though.
Markgway wrote:I'd be very surprised if Groundhog Day doesn't come out here within the next few months... unless you must have it right now I would wait.
Me too. I'm pretty sure it's the same studio in both countries. If it were different studios, I may not wait. The gap can be years.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

it's expensive in Germany as well,a place i've picked up cheap discs from in the past. if Grim really wants it he should pay the £13 or whatever to Amazon. he must've been happy with the price or he wouldn't have posted the bargain.The film itself isn't a keeper for me.
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

HEATHERS $5.99 at .com
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by gasteropod »

Markgway wrote:HEATHERS $5.99 at .com
:lol:
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

Why is my post funny?

It's a good black comedy/satire so at that price I ordered it.
Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by gasteropod »

.com?
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

Amazon.com, its the AMAZON bargains thread :D
My IQ must be rising :P
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by gasteropod »

Ahh, it all makes sense now. I didn't know which thread I was in tbh.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

Image
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

I noticed this site - anyone seen it?

Amazon's secret bargain basement - you can select what you want and some things may be up to 90% off.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppi ... holes#tool
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22163
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

Men In Black USA BD (uncut): $12.49: http://www.amazon.com/Men-Black-BD-Live ... 574&sr=1-2

Pity the $ doesnt seem very good right now.
Post Reply