Page 18 of 25

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 18:03
by saltysam
romerojpg wrote:Well I dont consider nearly £14 anything close to a bargain, any region.
You've paid stupid prices for stuff many times,have you seen the light or has the credit crunch hit you ;)

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 18:04
by grim_tales
Good price :)
GHD doesnt appear to be scheduled in the UK yet - Amazon UK/Play etc just say "Coming Soon".

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 18:06
by grim_tales
S12 has some brilliant episodes (Trilogy of Error, Hungry Hungry Homer, Homer v Dignity) but some poor ones too.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 18:07
by romerojpg
I only pay higher prices for things that will only be available for a short time, Limited Edition, not available elsewhere cheaper in the future, or the only way tgo get a certain thing that will never come out elsewhere.

Groundhog day will be far, far cheaper in time, in many other regions.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 18:20
by saltysam
romerojpg wrote:
Groundhog day will be far, far cheaper in time, in many other regions.
No one is disputing that-you can say the same about 95% of titles.not always though,i'm still waiting for that £6 bargain bin UK release of my favourite film AOP13,still not out over a year since the Region A appeared. Fact is Grim appears to have found the very cheapest price CURRENTLY
available in the UK for Groundhog Day Blu-Ray :cool: (oh and your point about Region A? This disc is region-free! ;) )

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 18:28
by romerojpg
saltysam wrote: (oh and your point about Region A? This disc is region-free! ;) )
I dont really care much at all about which region they are :) I dont own many USA BR discs at all, as frankly most, if not all prices are crap compared to UK prices for most films.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 19:46
by grim_tales
Sometimes they are, sometimes not.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 19:57
by romerojpg
Grim they are pretty much ALL THE TIME cheaper in UK, I look and see which is the best price before I buy the hundreds I do. You are just blind if you think overseas prices beat the UK.

You cannot comment anyway you think paying £14 for Groundhog Day is a Bargain, it is not.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 20:01
by grim_tales
I dunno, I thought $15.47 I paid for Goldfinger BD (with shipping) before Xmas was a good price. And what about Snow White BD combo? That was an amazing bargain.
TGTBATU was about $11 (not including shipping).

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 20:03
by saltysam
romerojpg wrote: before I buy the hundreds I do
Even if you averaged £6 a disc buying them in those vast quantities must still be costing you a fortune ;)

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 09 Jan 2010, 23:55
by Markgway
I'd be very surprised if Groundhog Day doesn't come out here within the next few months... unless you must have it right now I would wait.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 10 Jan 2010, 14:29
by romerojpg
saltysam wrote:
romerojpg wrote: before I buy the hundreds I do
Even if you averaged £6 a disc buying them in those vast quantities must still be costing you a fortune ;)
Yup but think of all I save :lol: them few pennies as Brad puts it all add up in Quidco :D

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 10 Jan 2010, 15:00
by grim_tales
Markgway wrote:I'd be very surprised if Groundhog Day doesn't come out here within the next few months... unless you must have it right now I would wait.
Fair enough :) Searching on Rewind (DVD Compare) it appears to be out all over Europe except UK, which is odd.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 10 Jan 2010, 19:46
by saltysam
It's been out nearly a year in France and it's still expensive

http://www.amazon.fr/Un-jour-sans-fin-B ... 654&sr=1-5

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 10 Jan 2010, 19:46
by bradavon
French discs are always expensive though.
Markgway wrote:I'd be very surprised if Groundhog Day doesn't come out here within the next few months... unless you must have it right now I would wait.
Me too. I'm pretty sure it's the same studio in both countries. If it were different studios, I may not wait. The gap can be years.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 10 Jan 2010, 19:52
by saltysam
it's expensive in Germany as well,a place i've picked up cheap discs from in the past. if Grim really wants it he should pay the £13 or whatever to Amazon. he must've been happy with the price or he wouldn't have posted the bargain.The film itself isn't a keeper for me.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 29 Jan 2010, 00:46
by Markgway
HEATHERS $5.99 at .com

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 29 Jan 2010, 02:27
by gasteropod
Markgway wrote:HEATHERS $5.99 at .com
:lol:

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 29 Jan 2010, 07:56
by Markgway
Why is my post funny?

It's a good black comedy/satire so at that price I ordered it.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 29 Jan 2010, 14:43
by gasteropod
.com?

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 29 Jan 2010, 16:07
by grim_tales
Amazon.com, its the AMAZON bargains thread :D
My IQ must be rising :P

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 29 Jan 2010, 16:39
by gasteropod
Ahh, it all makes sense now. I didn't know which thread I was in tbh.

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 29 Jan 2010, 20:16
by Markgway
Image

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 10 Feb 2010, 10:32
by grim_tales
I noticed this site - anyone seen it?

Amazon's secret bargain basement - you can select what you want and some things may be up to 90% off.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppi ... holes#tool

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Posted: 14 Feb 2010, 19:27
by grim_tales
Men In Black USA BD (uncut): $12.49: http://www.amazon.com/Men-Black-BD-Live ... 574&sr=1-2

Pity the $ doesnt seem very good right now.