Page 18 of 27
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 31 Jul 2015, 21:40
by Masterofoneinchpunch
Mo wrote:I don't know how to tell if someone is a good writer or not, but id guesstimate there's at least 30 people who's posts I enjoyed reading on kfc.
That's a pretty big chunk of people. That knew site just did not take off, but I suspect people were waiting for some Phoenix style rebirth of KFC (that and the new site did have great forum software.)
Of course, I always read you too.
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 31 Jul 2015, 22:46
by Masterofoneinchpunch
Mo wrote:I thought 30 was a bit low. There's a lot of people who post amazing stuff like Cold Bishop, but they don't post very often. Over the years since joining kff there's at least 100 people who's posts I followed. But I don't know if I should include some of them if they don't post often.
I always enjoy reading your stuff too. You look at these movies a lot differently than I do so it is always an interesting read.
I liked Mark Pollard's reviews (KFC might republish them if they get Pollard's permission). I wished he had kept on going. I am curious on what issues were plaguing him over the years.
I always check who was online (a habit I have to see what people are looking at.) Cold Bishop sporadically wrote (always enjoyed his points too, sometimes I would disagree, funny enough the biggest disagreements we had were on criterionforum.org), but he was searching quite often on the site.
I like this site, wish more people posted here. I'm still staying away from Facebook and most social media. I just have enough goofing time for occasional writing and surfing a few forums.
They are going to update the forum software for KFC, so hopefully that will be fine (I've had problems with this in the past with my own forum where the update has glitches for certain browsers.)
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 03 Aug 2015, 17:19
by Masterofoneinchpunch
Mo wrote:Hopefully the software update will help. Because I can't navigate it very well. I've checked in on kff a few times today and apparently there's only been one post in the last 24 hours. That can't be right.
I love the Mark Pollard reviews. I read almost all of them I think.
This forum is good. I'll be posting here more if there's not much activity on kff.
KFF is not going to be updated with new software (that I know), the new KFC (Kung Fu Cinema) site will be updated with the latest board software.
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 03 Aug 2015, 22:02
by Masterofoneinchpunch
Mo wrote:So you think we'll be able to go back to kfc?
Yeah. They are working on it. It looks like all the forum data has been found. They are going to host it on a different server (with backups.) I believe we will still have our accounts. We are just waiting for another announcement to when it is back up. I hope they are using the same URL.
Possibly at a later date they will have the reviews/essays (the ones outside of the forum) to put back up.
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 03 Aug 2015, 22:32
by Masterofoneinchpunch
Mo wrote:Wow that'd be great. Back to the way it was with lots of kung fu discussion! If kfc comes back im gonna start a new account. I've been wanting to change my user name.
Then you should have arguments with your old self. I've done this before. Now most forums have the ability to allow you to change your name. However, many forums just do not have that switched on (one of the fun aspects of running your own forum is knowing what all these forums can do, if you play with the Admin software.)
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 03 Aug 2015, 22:37
by Masterofoneinchpunch
Mo wrote:If I could change my user name I'd probably do it every day. Keep things fresh.
Well you can also time it so a person can only change his name given a particular time period. However the name change can be annoying sometimes. One guy changed his name to masterofoneinchlunch to be annoying then changed back. People got confused (not seeing the l was different than the p) and thought I had said all these things.
But yeah I see no problem with changing your name once in a while

just like you can change your avatar.
However, I do wonder how we would know it is you? Maybe anger you by dismissing The Longest Nite

.
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 03 Aug 2015, 22:50
by Masterofoneinchpunch
Mo wrote:That's actually my plan. I don't want people to recognize me. I don't know why I want to, it's just the way I feel. But if somebody starts a thread saying The Longest Nite and Shaolin vs Lama are 2 of the worst movies ever made, I will show my true colors. Black, red and anger!
When people are copying your name and trying to be you, you are a somebody. You've made it master!
That's funny. I purposefully try to keep my name the same so people will recognize me on different forums. I'm not sure if it helps any, but I do that for ease (as well as I don't have to keep track of my different names.)
Thanks. Though that guy once sent me a long-winded PM telling me why my writing was bad (I'll admit to some faults

). What was weird was that he started imitating some of my writing style.
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 04 Aug 2015, 00:12
by Masterofoneinchpunch
Mo wrote:Part of the reason I want to change my name is that when I started using the Internet I was a bad guy, so I picked the name Morgoth. But now I think of myself as a good guy, so I'm trying to pick a new name. I'll probably change my name to Bo Jackson, Jesus, or Frodo.
Also I think that if I posted something like a top 100 favorite fighters list then people may be more willing to respond if it's posted by a new member. I still can't believe that nobody posted their favorite fighters on kfc. Not one person.
Yeah that was annoying and a bit strange. I think if it was posted a few months later you would have had more of a response. I remember a bit of a lull there. But then it started picking up. But yeah it is always annoying when you have a thread that no one responds to

.
Going from Mo to Bo.
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 04 Aug 2015, 00:40
by Masterofoneinchpunch
Mo wrote:Boromir Jackson

As long as it isn't Bo Bice. I still have a lot of cards of Bo Jackson (of course most cards from the overproduced 80s and 90s aren't worth that much.) I even got the shoes that he promoted (the cross trainers.)
In wrestling terms you are turning from a heel to a face. Need to get your Bo 3:16 banners or know more bo.
Looking forward to the site being up. Then we will run our campaign to get Mark back. Then we will post in your top fighter thread. Anarchy everywhere.
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 04 Aug 2015, 01:57
by saltysam
Jimmy Wang Yu ftw
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 04 Aug 2015, 18:54
by Markgway
Mo wrote:Markgway 3:16- my new sig on kfc.
I'm sure it's a compliment... but what does it mean?
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 04 Aug 2015, 18:56
by Masterofoneinchpunch
Markgway wrote:Mo wrote:Markgway 3:16- my new sig on kfc.
I'm sure it's a compliment... but what does it mean?
It means Mark just kicked your ass (taken from Austin 3:16 (Steve Austin) which was taken from the biblical quote John 3:16 which Jake the Snake Roberts used which then Steve Austin made fun of, it then took off in popularity.)
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 08 Aug 2015, 01:30
by Yi-Long
Just a heads-up on the KFC front: As of earlier tonight I am now the new owner of KFC, and the site and forum will be back up again in a matter of days. Everyone is welcome to visit again, apart of course from Teako, who can go and suck his mom's cock... as well as the couple of slimy pricks who sided with Teako.
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 08 Aug 2015, 01:40
by grim_tales
Hallo Yi, Hoe gaat het met je?!

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 08 Aug 2015, 01:46
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:Hallo Yi, Hoe gaat het met je?!

Goed, ik ben net terug vanuit de V.S. waar ik druk bezig was om achter de schermen Mark Pollard's leven te verwoesten, zodat ik zijn site kon overnemen ...
Hoe gaat het met jou!?
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 08 Aug 2015, 02:01
by grim_tales
Ik ben goed, ik ben het denken over de vraag of aan mijn drama cursus te doen en ik ben een beetje verliefd op een mooi meisje

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 08 Aug 2015, 02:41
by Yi-Long
grim_tales wrote:Ik ben goed, ik ben het denken over de vraag of aan mijn drama cursus te doen en ik ben een beetje verliefd op een mooi meisje

I see your Google Translate skills have improved...
You were already in a self-expression group/class before, weren't you!? With singing and such? If you have the opportunity to add drama, go for it

Just try and see if you'll like it.
What I always do when I've fallen in love with a beautiful girl, is stand in front of her house in the middle of the night, just staring at her window. Every night. Sometimes, I will sacrifice a small animal or an elderly person, to show my love for her.
I'm not saying that works btw. In fact, I might even advice against it. Most chicks these days aren't really into romance any more it seems.
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 08 Aug 2015, 10:36
by grim_tales
Thanks

Yeah, I'm going to try this year and see if I like it. It sounds daunting (the drama/performing can be fun but theres also writing and research and shit).
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 08 Aug 2015, 13:37
by Markgway
Yi-Long wrote:Sometimes, I will sacrifice a small animal or an elderly person, to show my love for her.
Sacrificing small animals is wrong.
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 08 Aug 2015, 18:40
by Shingster
Welcome back Yi!
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 09 Aug 2015, 00:17
by Yi-Long
Shingster wrote:Welcome back Yi!
Thanks Shingster. I told you the asylum wouldn't be able to keep me...
Markgway wrote:Yi-Long wrote:Sometimes, I will sacrifice a small animal or an elderly person, to show my love for her.
Sacrificing small animals is wrong.
Yeah, I prefer sacrificing big animals as well, but it's such a hassle dragging them to her house and what with all the blood and guts and loud screaming and all that... I guess I'm just not as big a man as you, Mark.
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 10 Aug 2015, 18:27
by Masterofoneinchpunch
It is taking a little longer than I thought for the site to come back up. I hope they keep the same URL.
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 10 Aug 2015, 19:54
by saltysam
surely shouldn't be too much longer.
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 14 Aug 2015, 18:57
by Masterofoneinchpunch
The update on KFC is the now funding link:
https://www.gofundme.com/kungfufandom
Re: I've just got banned from KFC!
Posted: 17 Aug 2015, 17:08
by Masterofoneinchpunch
A much bigger post on the subject:
http://www.shaolinchamber36.com/buddhis ... -answered/
It looks like it will be up soon (within a week).