The General HD Releases Thread!

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
Post Reply
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Re: Predator -
Bare-bones MPEG-2 BD25 discs with zero restoration...

I have the disc, so pretty much confirmed.
Source: http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/predator2.html
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

T2 German steelbook hd-dvd up for pre-order at £34 delivered :lol:

http://www.amazon.de/Terminator-2-Steel ... 680&sr=1-2
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Great. No doubt that price can be beaten.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

My Jap Predator BD arrived today. will probably give it a watch early next week.
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

It seems all the Region Locked BD "New Line" titles can have their region coding bypassed:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687303

Namely:

Shoot 'Em Up
Hairspray
Mr Woodcock
Rush Hour 3
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

Yeah, but you never know if a firmware update will stop it, so I personally wouldn't risk buying them.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

I would. Have you seen how bad the EIV versions are? They won't be too hard to sell on.

There's no reason to specifically believe it will be removed. This is a disc error not hardware error.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

Rush Hour 3 definitely doesn't work in a uk ps3. the extras disc does though.
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

saltysam wrote:Rush Hour 3 definitely doesn't work in a uk ps3. the extras disc does though.
You've tried it, have you? I'd read that it does, and it was the only one I was thinking about getting. I'll probably wait for a trilogy box set anyway.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

gasteropod wrote:
You've tried it, have you? I'd read that it does, and it was the only one I was thinking about getting. I'll probably wait for a trilogy box set anyway.
i wouldn't say it didn't work if i hadn't tried it would i :wink: Shoot em' up works as does Rush Hour 3 disc 2, The film itself doesn't,though i hear it works on Sharp BD players.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Commando:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/commando2.html

It looks like this may finally be uncut in the UK:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classifie ... enDocument

It even says "Previous cuts waived" but is likely to be the Theatrical Cut.
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Post by Markgway »

The BBFC passed both the theatrical version and the director's cut without cuts last year. Yet that packaging suggests by omission that it includes the TC only.
Image
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Oh is that what both cuts refer to. Of course. There is also a DC submission over at the BBFC. You'd think they'd mention it's a different cut.
Markgway wrote:Yet that packaging suggests by omission that it includes the TC only.
A DVD DC is possible but Fox have been routinely releasing their catalogue titles on BD in a barebones manner. a proper DC SE on BD was unlikely.

No doubt they plan to milk all of them.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 18:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Post by grim_tales »

I heard there was going to be a 2 disc "Definitive Edition" UK DVD of Commando ages ago but it never showed.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

If one comes I seriously doubt the BD will be seeing it.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

It's Warner in th UK so expect a BD. I'll be picking it up for sure. I can wait. It's an excellent film.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote: I can wait.
if waiting was an olympic sport you'd win the gold no problem :P
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

Oh yeah of little faith. I'll have a Player sooner or later and will then have lots of discs to play on it :D

3 months a year down the line is nothing.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote:
3 months a year down the line is nothing.
You said that a year ago 8)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 20:30

Post by bradavon »

I did didn't I :D. It was expected Samsung would deliver, wasn't it ;)

Like Guinness you need to wait for the best :D

It's not my fault LG got the BH100 so wrong, you have to wonder why they bothered with it. The BH200 and then BD-UP5000 continued to have problems. Signs are right the Samsung BD-UP5500 will finally get it right. If nothing else because they're confirmed it will be Profile 1.1, DTS-HD and TrueHD 5.1 out of the box instead of "coming later".

When they do deliver (and some company will I know that much) the HD Combo will rock!
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Post by gasteropod »

bradavon wrote:It's not my fault LG got the BH100 so wrong
No, but it's your fault for actually expecting them to make something that doesn't suck :lol:
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:27

Post by saltysam »

gasteropod wrote:
bradavon wrote:It's not my fault LG got the BH100 so wrong
No, but it's your fault for actually expecting them to make something that doesn't suck :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Post Reply