Page 19 of 107

Posted: 24 Jan 2008, 13:59
by bradavon
Re: Predator -
Bare-bones MPEG-2 BD25 discs with zero restoration...

I have the disc, so pretty much confirmed.
Source: http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/predator2.html

Posted: 24 Jan 2008, 19:27
by saltysam
T2 German steelbook hd-dvd up for pre-order at £34 delivered :lol:

http://www.amazon.de/Terminator-2-Steel ... 680&sr=1-2

Posted: 24 Jan 2008, 19:50
by bradavon
Great. No doubt that price can be beaten.

Posted: 25 Jan 2008, 02:22
by bradavon

Posted: 25 Jan 2008, 18:54
by saltysam
My Jap Predator BD arrived today. will probably give it a watch early next week.

Posted: 28 Jan 2008, 02:12
by bradavon
It seems all the Region Locked BD "New Line" titles can have their region coding bypassed:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687303

Namely:

Shoot 'Em Up
Hairspray
Mr Woodcock
Rush Hour 3

Posted: 28 Jan 2008, 02:52
by gasteropod
Yeah, but you never know if a firmware update will stop it, so I personally wouldn't risk buying them.

Posted: 28 Jan 2008, 17:07
by bradavon
I would. Have you seen how bad the EIV versions are? They won't be too hard to sell on.

There's no reason to specifically believe it will be removed. This is a disc error not hardware error.

Posted: 28 Jan 2008, 17:34
by saltysam
Rush Hour 3 definitely doesn't work in a uk ps3. the extras disc does though.

Posted: 28 Jan 2008, 17:46
by bradavon

Posted: 28 Jan 2008, 17:50
by gasteropod
saltysam wrote:Rush Hour 3 definitely doesn't work in a uk ps3. the extras disc does though.
You've tried it, have you? I'd read that it does, and it was the only one I was thinking about getting. I'll probably wait for a trilogy box set anyway.

Posted: 28 Jan 2008, 17:56
by saltysam
gasteropod wrote:
You've tried it, have you? I'd read that it does, and it was the only one I was thinking about getting. I'll probably wait for a trilogy box set anyway.
i wouldn't say it didn't work if i hadn't tried it would i :wink: Shoot em' up works as does Rush Hour 3 disc 2, The film itself doesn't,though i hear it works on Sharp BD players.

Posted: 30 Jan 2008, 21:08
by bradavon
Commando:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/commando2.html

It looks like this may finally be uncut in the UK:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classifie ... enDocument

It even says "Previous cuts waived" but is likely to be the Theatrical Cut.

Posted: 30 Jan 2008, 23:29
by Markgway
The BBFC passed both the theatrical version and the director's cut without cuts last year. Yet that packaging suggests by omission that it includes the TC only.

Posted: 30 Jan 2008, 23:43
by bradavon
Oh is that what both cuts refer to. Of course. There is also a DC submission over at the BBFC. You'd think they'd mention it's a different cut.
Markgway wrote:Yet that packaging suggests by omission that it includes the TC only.
A DVD DC is possible but Fox have been routinely releasing their catalogue titles on BD in a barebones manner. a proper DC SE on BD was unlikely.

No doubt they plan to milk all of them.

Posted: 31 Jan 2008, 08:47
by grim_tales
I heard there was going to be a 2 disc "Definitive Edition" UK DVD of Commando ages ago but it never showed.

Posted: 31 Jan 2008, 15:02
by bradavon
If one comes I seriously doubt the BD will be seeing it.

Posted: 04 Feb 2008, 17:43
by saltysam

Posted: 04 Feb 2008, 18:49
by bradavon
It's Warner in th UK so expect a BD. I'll be picking it up for sure. I can wait. It's an excellent film.

Posted: 04 Feb 2008, 19:27
by saltysam
bradavon wrote: I can wait.
if waiting was an olympic sport you'd win the gold no problem :P

Posted: 04 Feb 2008, 19:35
by bradavon
Oh yeah of little faith. I'll have a Player sooner or later and will then have lots of discs to play on it :D

3 months a year down the line is nothing.

Posted: 04 Feb 2008, 19:45
by saltysam
bradavon wrote:
3 months a year down the line is nothing.
You said that a year ago 8)

Posted: 04 Feb 2008, 20:27
by bradavon
I did didn't I :D. It was expected Samsung would deliver, wasn't it ;)

Like Guinness you need to wait for the best :D

It's not my fault LG got the BH100 so wrong, you have to wonder why they bothered with it. The BH200 and then BD-UP5000 continued to have problems. Signs are right the Samsung BD-UP5500 will finally get it right. If nothing else because they're confirmed it will be Profile 1.1, DTS-HD and TrueHD 5.1 out of the box instead of "coming later".

When they do deliver (and some company will I know that much) the HD Combo will rock!

Posted: 04 Feb 2008, 20:33
by gasteropod
bradavon wrote:It's not my fault LG got the BH100 so wrong
No, but it's your fault for actually expecting them to make something that doesn't suck :lol:

Posted: 04 Feb 2008, 20:44
by saltysam
gasteropod wrote:
bradavon wrote:It's not my fault LG got the BH100 so wrong
No, but it's your fault for actually expecting them to make something that doesn't suck :lol:
:lol: :lol: