The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

Lethal Weapon BD $10:

http://www.amazon.com/Lethal-Weapon-Blu ... 852&sr=8-3

Are other BD's the theatrical version?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote:Lethal Weapon BD $10:

http://www.amazon.com/Lethal-Weapon-Blu ... 852&sr=8-3

Are other BD's the theatrical version?
All BD's worldwide are identical,the theatrical version.The uk one can be had below for £9.95 so why bother with this one?after you factor in shipping it's £10.80ish from Amazon.

http://www.dvd.co.uk/DVD/Lethal-Weapon- ... roduct.htm
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

I picked up the UK release for about a fiver in Head.
Image
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote:Wizard of Oz 3 disc BD $16.99:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VW ... d_i=507846
No offence Grim but when you post bargains from the american site you should also post a rough estimate of the cost in pounds and factor in postage as well ;) the OZ set works out at around £15.60 delivered using standard shipping. apart from the far superior packaging is it any different to the UK release available at the uk site for £12.99?
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

The Emerald Ed. is essentially the Ultimate Collector's Edition minus the printed extras (ie, the collectable LE stuff). I think it has the Digital Copy as the 3rd disc but not sure (it could be the MGM doc).

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/f ... id=15760#1
User avatar
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 20194
Joined: 18 Feb 2005, 02:04

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by Markgway »

The US version includes 'When the Lion Roars' DVD and has vastly superior packaging.

At least he posted the bargain. Give him a break, Sam!
Image
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

Not interested in the documentary and though the uk packaging is an annoyance i think i could live with it.May sell my very nice but unwieldly USA LE and pick up the uk release.i'd only ever watch the film.A bit stupid of me to buy the LE really,an impulse buy.Thanks for posting the bargain Grim ;)
working class blu-ray fan
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

No prob ;)
Thanks Mark, I wasnt sure which one it included.
£15.63 including postage so its' up to you I guess.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

Toy Story Blu Rays £12 each at Amazon and they are BOGOF!! I just cancelled my DVD.co.uk order and re ordered with Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toy-Story-Combi ... 175&sr=8-3
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

Hilarious for them who paid £18 for one of them :lol: TOLD YOU SO! pre order and pay full prices and suffer. When will they learn.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote: When will they learn.
Probably about the same time it took you to realise paying £30 + for german Resident Evil dvds was a bit silly :clap: (cue Romero retorting he made a profit selling on blah blah) :cool:
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

saltysam wrote: Probably about the same time it took you to realise paying £30 + for german Resident Evil dvds was a bit silly :clap: (cue Romero retorting he made a profit selling on blah blah) :cool:
You are only sad you never bought it, and made profit :lol: so how exactly is that silly :lol:
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote:
saltysam wrote: Probably about the same time it took you to realise paying £30 + for german Resident Evil dvds was a bit silly :clap: (cue Romero retorting he made a profit selling on blah blah) :cool:
You are only sad you never bought it, and made profit :lol: so how exactly is that silly :lol:
Nah mate,i was too busy at the time buying multiple (and i mean multiple) copies of the danish Wheels Of Terror dvd from dvdoo.dk for £3 a time and selling it on ebay for upwards £20 a disc :clap: You my friend are a mere beginner when it comes to profiteering :evil:
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

Well I was buying 75+ out of print copies of E.T from CD wow for £3.49, and selling them between £8 and £30 :lol: you are the beginner :D
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by gasteropod »

Hahaha, 75+ :thumbs:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

I have the balls to buy bulk. Even when it back fires and make a massive loss.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by bradavon »

Surely that Toy Story price is a misprice and they won't honour them, no?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:Surely that Toy Story price is a misprice and they won't honour them, no?
You are obsessed with saying that about all deals :D I have ordered countless "Misprices" from Amazon, and they pretty much always honor them all, if you got in before the masses.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 24430
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 19:30

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by bradavon »

No not obsessed, it's best to clarify these things. Even if they honour it, it's good to know if it's a misprice or not. Anyway, it's not for me. I know you don't but I buy to keep and I'm not interested in Toy Story.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote:Well I was buying 75+ out of print copies of E.T from CD wow for £3.49, and selling them between £8 and £30 :lol: you are the beginner :D
Yeah..err..ok :lol:
working class blu-ray fan
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 6868
Joined: 03 Nov 2004, 18:16

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by gasteropod »

bradavon wrote:I'm not interested in Toy Story.
:o
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 8520
Joined: 26 Oct 2004, 13:12
Location: CLOSE TO YOUR MAMMA

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by romerojpg »

saltysam wrote: Yeah..err..ok :lol:
Shows you how little you know then, anyone that knows me knows I used to buy massive quantaties of bargains and invest massive amounts of cash and try to make shitloads of cash. It worked for a few years.

I guess I was also not the first person in the world to stick a Japanese Alien Head on Ebay either and sell it for £360 before it had even been released :thumbs: and then sell 4 more and end up making about £400+ profit :thumbs:

but again I am making that up as well :lol:

Or you have such a bad memory you forgot, as I am dann sure I posted the Ebay links back in the bad old days when I was doing it across multiple accounts and on multiple forums.
User avatar
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 22164
Joined: 25 Oct 2004, 17:34
Location: St. Albans, UK

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by grim_tales »

bradavon wrote:Surely that Toy Story price is a misprice and they won't honour them, no?
I don't know, hopefully it will go through.
Mine says "Despatching soon" so looks like it was fine :D
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist
Posts: 9357
Joined: 27 Oct 2004, 18:27

Re: The Amazon Bargains Thread!

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote:
Shows you how little you know then
I don't know you ;)
romerojpg wrote:anyone that knows me knows I used to buy massive quantaties of bargains and invest massive amounts of cash and try to make shitloads of cash. It worked for a few years.
Bully for you.
romerojpg wrote: I guess I was also not the first person in the world to stick a Japanese Alien Head on Ebay either and sell it for £360 before it had even been released
I'm sure you were.You probably discovered America as well and also invented Blu-ray in your spare time :thumbs:
romerojpg wrote:but again I am making that up as well
I believe everything you say Romero,honest :evil:
romerojpg wrote:Or you have such a bad memory you forgot
My memory isn't what it was,but i certainly remember you bragging about paying that stupid amount for German Resident Evil because YOU wanted the disc,now you try and rewrite history and make out you only bought it for profit :roll:
romerojpg wrote:as I am dann sure I posted the Ebay links back in the bad old days when I was doing it across multiple accounts and on multiple forums.
You posted ebay links about as often as you post bargains here ;)
working class blu-ray fan