Page 3 of 4
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 31 Aug 2009, 17:30
by romerojpg
DH2 sounded good to me, but as you are a fan or origanal remixes etc... I could not say much more than I like it, you could hate it
and as for Maxiumum Risk I never even knew it was ever cut, see I learn something new every day

all the cut VD films and that one never poped up before me, bugger.
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 31 Aug 2009, 23:35
by Markgway
Yeah, I'm more inclined to got for the US release of the Die Hards for the Stereo tracks... but as the remixes are HD quality I thought it was worth getting an opinion.
Only 9 secs were cut from Maximum Risk, though the cuts were obvious.
-A shot of a flick knife being opened
-An arm break
-A head being smashed thru a car window
-A throat chop
-A wrist snap
-Knife stabs
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 01 Sep 2009, 01:37
by bradavon
Markgway wrote:Yeah, I'm more inclined to got for the US release of the Die Hards for the Stereo tracks... but as the remixes are HD quality I thought it was worth getting an opinion.
I imagine it's the same 5.1 remix, whether it's DD5.1, DTS or DTS-HD though.
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 01 Sep 2009, 09:05
by grim_tales
I'd imagine that sort of stuff would be waived at 18 now but you never know...
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 01 Sep 2009, 17:06
by romerojpg
Markgway wrote:Only 9 secs were cut from Maximum Risk, though the cuts were obvious.
-A shot of a flick knife being opened
-An arm break
-A head being smashed thru a car window
-A throat chop
-A wrist snap
-Knife stabs
My god, more than I expected!
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 01 Sep 2009, 23:37
by saltysam
this thread here indicates it's uncut-i have the blu-ray but haven't yet watched it.
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=100842
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 02 Sep 2009, 01:19
by Markgway
Re. Max Risk: That's good news it being uncut. It's being sold on Amazon Marketplace for under £8 inc postage.
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 02 Sep 2009, 17:02
by romerojpg
If I had know it was cut in the UK before I would have got the Blu Ray when it was cheap in the amazon 3 for 2 sale! dohh! I guess I will wait till its under a fiver.
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 03 Sep 2009, 00:21
by Markgway
romerojpg wrote:If I had know it was cut in the UK before I would have got the Blu Ray when it was cheap in the amazon 3 for 2 sale! dohh! I guess I will wait till its under a fiver.
When it is... let me know.

Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 08 Sep 2009, 22:25
by Markgway
Anyone know where I can pick up the Deluxe Ed of CASINO ROYALE - uncut of course - without it costing a bomb? I believe it's uncut in Australia and most of Mainland Europe (bar Germany). But every place I've looked sells it for a ridiculous price. The £ is shit against the € which doesn't help. Also seems to have been deleted in Aus as most places only sell the one-disc ed. Odd.
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 08 Sep 2009, 22:27
by romerojpg
I have not seen it cheap, best prices I ever saw were on forums £16 I thik, but rareley. Only thing you could do is wait till it is in an Ausie sale and hope postage is ok.
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 09 Sep 2009, 11:08
by Markgway
Annoying thing is the UK and US versions (both cut) are unusually cheap.
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 09 Sep 2009, 20:15
by bradavon
Markgway wrote:Annoying thing is the UK and US versions (both cut) are unusually cheap.
It's becoming a budget title. Annoyingly the UK To Euro and Aussie Dollar has always been insanely expensive.
It all depends if you're willing to pay twice the price for one cut word (UK release). I wouldn't but I know you would

.
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 09 Sep 2009, 23:49
by Markgway
It's the principle.
And it's not one word... it's three!!

Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 10 Sep 2009, 01:17
by Shingster
bradavon wrote:It all depends if you're willing to pay twice the price for one cut word (UK release). I wouldn't but I know you would

.
There's more cut than that, taken from MelonFarmers:
1) In the torture scene, right after LeChiffre says, “You’ve taken good care of your body”, the UK version removes the following shot of him draping the large, knotted end of the rope over Bond’s shoulder and saying to him sadistically, “Such a waste”.
2) After LeChiffre moves to Bond’s side following the above shot, the immediate next shot from beneath the chair of the rope swinging backwards and forwards in Bond’s direction has been trimmed. We only see the rope swing once towards Bond and back again, where as the uncut R3 disc has two swings back and forth.
3) As LeChiffre takes his second swing at Bond (seen in a wide shot) and strikes him, the close-up of Bond gritting his teeth and shouting in pain on impact has been removed and the preceding wide shot is instead held for the impact, which lessens the focus on Bond’s suffering.
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 10 Sep 2009, 13:38
by bradavon
Fair enough Shingster. I watched my HK R3 and couldn't spot any difference, which for me means I don't care/mind.
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 09 Oct 2009, 00:42
by Markgway
Just to confirm: The USA Blu Ray of TAKEN does have English Subs for the French/Albanian dialogue, right?
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 19 Oct 2009, 01:22
by Markgway
Found this comment on the IMDB re. Casino Royale:
"Region 2 British DVD releases vary in the torture scene: in the single-disc release (D6-43508-UK-S), the film is 138.22 mins and is missing Le Chiffre placing the knotted rope on Bond's shoulder and saying to him, "Such a waste", and at least one low-level shot of the rope coming in for impact; in the double-disc collector's edition (D7-43508-LC-S), the film is 138.35 mins and has these brief additions, plus the sound effects here seem enhanced / more violent."
Anyone heard this before? I wonder if it applies to the Blu Rays?
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 19 Oct 2009, 01:25
by gasteropod
You've got to be shitting me

Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 19 Oct 2009, 10:14
by grim_tales
I never knew that

I always thought the C.E's were still cut

Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 19 Oct 2009, 14:41
by Markgway
Is anyone game enough to try it? icon_suspect
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 19 Oct 2009, 15:56
by grim_tales
I could try a rental icon_suspect
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 19 Oct 2009, 17:12
by Shingster
I doubt you'd be getting the DE from online rentals or in store, any rental place would already own the previous Blu-ray/DVD and see no point in forking out for the DE.
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 19 Oct 2009, 17:22
by romerojpg
Markgway wrote:
Anyone heard this before? I wonder if it applies to the Blu Rays?
From memory that was not in my 2 discs Blu Ray re-release, but hey I may stick it on again to get 100% confirmation (whoc knows I may be getting old and forget), but as far as I remember it was all changed/cut still (I used to have the Region 3 uncut version, so I have seen it uncut to compare with).
Re: Markgway's Inane Blu Ray Questions Thread
Posted: 21 Oct 2009, 01:24
by Markgway
Payback UKBD has been confirmed as uncut.
