Page 28 of 426
Posted: 21 Jul 2008, 18:12
by romerojpg
Ivan Drago wrote:DangerousLeeHandsome wrote:
Dragon Wars -3/5
Better than Godzilla '98.
To be fair, that isn't hard!
98 I cannot even remember Haha, I also hated Godzilla Final Wars so hope its better than even that
Just had the Blu Ray of Dragon Wars dispatched, I cannot wait to see how bad it may turn out

the trailers are so hilarious

come on make me enjoy it

Posted: 21 Jul 2008, 18:24
by gasteropod
grim_tales wrote:I thought it was that wierd "Ivan" guy, Bale's girlfriend's ex? I'm sure he features in it somewhere.
Oh dear, Grim. That's all I can say lol. Maybe it was Tyler Durden?

Posted: 21 Jul 2008, 18:35
by saltysam
Doomsday Unrated Blu-Ray 4/5
Wow this was an unexpected cracker! Crazily entertaining from start to finish this film throws in everything but the kitchen sink at the screen! Film takes elements from various sources notably Mad Max 2,28 Days Later,Gladiator and a number of early 80's italian post-apocalyptic exploitationers.not everything works and it's not particularly original, basically Scotland is quarantined due to a killer plague,25 years later the plague threatens London and a team led by Rhona Mitra is sent back to find a cure. Cue crazy motorcycle stunts,tank battles,car chases,decapitations,cannibalism,a soundtrack featuring Frankie's two tribes and endless action. pity this failed badly as i'd like to have een a sequel.this is one of the harder mainstream features i've seen in ages.
Posted: 21 Jul 2008, 18:57
by romerojpg
When Frankie's two tribes came on I was giddy

really suited that scene so much!
Posted: 21 Jul 2008, 22:05
by bradavon
Markgway wrote:Yikes. I just realised how much Bale in the film looks like Brad in his avatar.

Brad - go eat some fucking cheesecake and chips.

. I'm not quite that bad but I am uber thin. My avatar is nothing compared to some photos on my website.
Posted: 21 Jul 2008, 23:14
by Markgway
grim_tales wrote:I thought it was that wierd "Ivan" guy, Bale's girlfriend's ex? I'm sure he features in it somewhere.
You clearly misunderstood the entire movie!
Posted: 21 Jul 2008, 23:15
by Markgway
HungFist wrote:Death Wish (USA, 1974) – 3/5
Entertaining and thought provoking film. Doesn't make you want to visit NY, though.
NYC is actually safer now, safer than London at any rate.
Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 08:20
by grim_tales
Markgway wrote:grim_tales wrote:I thought it was that wierd "Ivan" guy, Bale's girlfriend's ex? I'm sure he features in it somewhere.
You clearly misunderstood the entire movie!
It's a while since I saw it, I think
Ivan was just in Bales mind, he wasnt real was he?
Just like Tyler
Better?

Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 13:06
by bradavon
Markgway wrote:NYC is actually safer now, safer than London at any rate.
You're probably right. I'd have no issues going to either city though.
Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 18:11
by romerojpg
bradavon wrote:Markgway wrote:NYC is actually safer now, safer than London at any rate.
You're probably right. I'd have no issues going to either city though.
Yeah but you must walk around with your eyes closed as its all there and if you look for it, it will come
I see so much it makes me sick (and scared once in a while), I should be carying a bloody gun the crap that goes on right in front of my eyes. Still it rarley croses over onto me, so I guess thats something.
Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 18:33
by saltysam
Children Of Men hd-dvd 2/5
A worthy effort but not my cup of tea really. well made.bleak and unremitting i just didn't care for any of the characters with the exception of Michael Caine's one.
Posted: 22 Jul 2008, 18:53
by bradavon
@ Salty: Agreed. It's okay but really nothing too special.
romerojpg wrote:Yeah but you must walk around with your eyes closed as its all there and if you look for it, it will come
Coming from someone whose never left his backyard, I won't put much stock in that

.
Posted: 23 Jul 2008, 10:43
by grim_tales
Naked Lunch: 3/5
What. The. Fuck..?

I thought the film was good but it was just a bit too wierd, even wierder than Videodrome, I'm not sure I understood everything in it. As far as I know some things that happened to Peter Weller in the movie actually happened to Burroughs (drug addiction, shooting his wife etc). It's bizarre.
Posted: 23 Jul 2008, 20:52
by HungFist
All About Eve (USA, 1950) – 2,5/5
This probably worked better in 1950 than now. The main problem is that the film runs over 2 hours, but you can guess where it’s going right from the beginning. That’s not to say the film is bad, though. Although the beginning isn’t especially captivating the rest works nicely. Also big plus from the dialogue, which is enjoyably witty throughout.
Posted: 24 Jul 2008, 09:22
by degeneration
Wanted 3/5
Mindless gory violence. Ridiculous story, some very cheesy moments particularly in the training scenes and hte action scenes are just a little too over the top. Wish I saw something else now, as this is a DVD film.
Posted: 24 Jul 2008, 17:38
by saltysam
The Dark Knight 4/5
The most uber-bleak superhero movie ever made,undoubtedly this is excellent though not perfect. despite it's 150 minute running time the place rarely slackens throughout. Excellent performances and yes as has been written Ledger owns the role of the Joker,this guy is a true psychopath.! He owns the film's best sequence,you'll know it when you see it! Aaron Eckhart is also very good as Harvey Dent,a role much more major than i thought it would be. Flaws? there is one great action sequence but the others aren't mindblowing, Morgan Freeman & Michael Caine don't get enough screentime and the climax was a bit of a let down imo.but go see it this one improves on the first in almost every way,roll on part 3!
Posted: 24 Jul 2008, 18:19
by gasteropod
I'm off to see it tonight and I can't wait! I've been waiting since the end of Batman Begins in the cinema

Posted: 24 Jul 2008, 20:02
by IronMonkey
The Dark Knight - 5/5
Loved it.

Posted: 25 Jul 2008, 00:05
by gasteropod
The Dark Knight: 5/5
Just been to see it, absolutely incredible, don't need another Batman film now. Oh my God, my mate and I heard some guy go 'well that was a waste of two and a half hours' when we were leaving and we wanted to knock some sense into the dumbass lol.

Posted: 25 Jul 2008, 00:41
by saltysam
Batman was a support character in his own movie for too much of the film imo.
Posted: 25 Jul 2008, 00:52
by gasteropod
Batman Begins was all about Batman, The Dark Knight is about escalation in Gotham, and it dealt with his character progression well despite the fact that the Joker was more of a focal point.
Posted: 25 Jul 2008, 01:15
by saltysam
don't get me wrong,i loved it and unlike Batman Begins which i didn't think as much of 2nd time around i imagine this one will be the opposite.But it did have flaws,it wasn't perfect

Posted: 25 Jul 2008, 18:45
by saltysam
Lost Boys Blu-Ray 3/5
Popular 80's teen vampire movie still plays well 20 years later.Blu-Ray transfer looks very good for a film over 20 years old.
Posted: 26 Jul 2008, 15:23
by EvaUnit02
The Dark Knight - IMAX Director's Cut - 4.5/5
A solidly plotted action thriller, perfectly paced and with not a single ounce of fat. Well edited action scenes, the fight scene cinematography had improved significantly since the original.
All around a significant improvement over the last film, with a meaty villain and vastly better pacing.
The performances were solid for the most past (ERIC ROBERTS, no need to say more really.), with Ledger stealing every scene he was in. Aaron Eckhart was quite impressive in his role and his character's progression was clearly the most fleshed out of them all.
The usage of IMAX photography during the pivotal action scenes and long shots was quite effective and they were well shot IMO; definitely adding to grandeur of an already epic film.
Posted: 26 Jul 2008, 16:00
by bradavon
Why add Director's Cut? There's only one cut, right?