Page 4 of 11

Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 18:00
by IronMonkey
It'll get cancelled for sure. Its all over HotUKDeals at the moment and Play have been known to do this with this exact item before, tell the customer its been sent, then when it doesn't turn up, just offer a refund instead of a replacement.

I highly doubt you'll get it.

Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 20:04
by saltysam
IronMonkey wrote:It'll get cancelled for sure. Its all over HotUKDeals at the moment and Play have been known to do this with this exact item before, tell the customer its been sent, then when it doesn't turn up, just offer a refund instead of a replacement.

I highly doubt you'll get it.
well they honoured the Matrix mis-price for both hd-dvd & blu-ray.they also (can't remember the title) cancelled anyone who ordered multiple copies and honoured those who ordered one only. i'm not bothered,for my sins i have the films.just passing the info on :)

Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 20:45
by gasteropod
IronMonkey wrote:It'll get cancelled for sure. Its all over HotUKDeals at the moment and Play have been known to do this with this exact item before, tell the customer its been sent, then when it doesn't turn up, just offer a refund instead of a replacement.

I highly doubt you'll get it.
Holding onto a customer's money whilst deceiving them into thinking the item has been sent sounds quite illegal to me.

Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 23:00
by IronMonkey
saltysam wrote:well they honoured the Matrix mis-price for both hd-dvd & blu-ray.
Wasn't that Amazon?

Posted: 20 Dec 2008, 23:05
by Markgway
Why does this never happen with shit I'm remotely interested in?? :D

Posted: 22 Dec 2008, 10:04
by IronMonkey
Blade Trinity (2 discs): £1.99

I've never seen the film & I've heard its absolute tripe, but for less than £2 I'll give it a shot. Obviously its redeeming factor is Jessica Biel wearing very tight clothes. :D

Posted: 22 Dec 2008, 12:16
by bradavon
It's certainly watcheble but yes overall it's tripe. I've seen worse.


We're expected to believe the grand daddy of the vampires Nosferatu is this wimpish (comparatively speaking) bloke who looks tough but the boss of all vampires? Please.

Writers should stick to writing and let directors direct!

For £1.99 though, why not.

Posted: 22 Dec 2008, 14:40
by gasteropod
saltysam wrote:Pirates blu-ray trilogy £10.99. apparently people have had shipping notices for this.

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/5408 ... ource=9593
I just got an e-mail from Play:
Dear Customer, We are writing to inform you that your recent order for the Pirates Of The Carribbean Trilogy Curse of the Black Pearl Dead Man Chest At World End was incorrectly listed. Unfortunately we will not be able to supply you with this item at the incorrectly advertised price and your order has been cancelled. If you would still like to purchase this item at the correct price of £43.99 please use the link below:

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/5408 ... oduct.html

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you over this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards PLAY.COM
Whatever happened to having to sell something at its advertised price?

Posted: 22 Dec 2008, 15:17
by bradavon
Isn't a legal thing BUT there are get out clauses?

Posted: 22 Dec 2008, 15:59
by IronMonkey
I told you it would happen.

The contract isn't legally binding until they have taken your money. Obviously Play don't charge until they send the item so they're well within their rights to cancel it.

Posted: 22 Dec 2008, 16:05
by bradavon
IronMonkey wrote:I told you it would happen.
Gee thanks.

How does it work in a shop then? I thought they were legally obliged in a shop.

Posted: 22 Dec 2008, 16:06
by bradavon
Play.com have started their sale, they even have some decent prices on BDs:

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/3-/2560 ... igntag=ANY

And here's their DVDs:

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/3-/126401/0 ... igntag=ANY

You can filter by price on the left. Remember EIV BDs are Region B locked.

I'm tempted by Female Agents and Black Narcissus.

Posted: 22 Dec 2008, 16:48
by IronMonkey
bradavon wrote:Gee thanks.
Someone has got a bee in their bonnet, don't you think? Is it because I pieced all the parts of the Bradavon puzzle together?

Posted: 22 Dec 2008, 16:54
by bradavon
I'm sure no one needs reminding you stated this would happen.

Posted: 22 Dec 2008, 17:39
by saltysam
Cloverfield at £2.99 is a good price for a recent release

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/5307537/ ... P36=BM9TWY

Posted: 22 Dec 2008, 23:13
by gasteropod
IronMonkey wrote:I told you it would happen.

The contract isn't legally binding until they have taken your money. Obviously Play don't charge until they send the item so they're well within their rights to cancel it.
No, if you pick something up in an actual shop which has the wrong price on, they still have to sell you it at that price.

Posted: 22 Dec 2008, 23:28
by bradavon
I'm sure there are get out clauses.

I remember seeing on the news a few years back, Argos had a misprint on a TV for 99p. Thousands of people ordered one. They didn't honour it.

Posted: 23 Dec 2008, 00:03
by IronMonkey
gasteropod wrote:
IronMonkey wrote:I told you it would happen.

The contract isn't legally binding until they have taken your money. Obviously Play don't charge until they send the item so they're well within their rights to cancel it.
No, if you pick something up in an actual shop which has the wrong price on, they still have to sell you it at that price.
I wasn't talking about in a shop, I was talking about online sales.

Posted: 23 Dec 2008, 08:44
by Markgway
I don't think any reasonable person would expect to get a TV for 99p... lol

Posted: 23 Dec 2008, 14:54
by luckystars
Blade Trinity is my fave of the 3. Silly comedy, great action.

Posted: 23 Dec 2008, 15:32
by bradavon
luckystars wrote:Blade Trinity is my fave of the 3. Silly comedy, great action.
:?

Right, we can no longer take you seriously :D.

Posted: 23 Dec 2008, 16:14
by luckystars
Oh apish. :D

Actually it's coz I think Ryan Reynolds is an attractive guy. :D

Posted: 23 Dec 2008, 16:28
by bradavon
Do you like a pretty boy?

Posted: 23 Dec 2008, 16:36
by IronMonkey
luckystars wrote:Actually it's coz I think Ryan Reynolds is an attractive guy. :D
Hahaha! Classic comeback! :D

Posted: 24 Dec 2008, 00:48
by Markgway
luckystars wrote:Actually it's coz I think Ryan Reynolds is an attractive guy. :D
:lol: