Page 1 of 1
DVD Profiler question
Posted: 13 Jan 2006, 09:53
by grim_tales
How can you change the locality of a DVD? I'm using Profiler 2.4.
I've added my Naked Gun Trilogy set and while the info isn't quite finished, it shows a picture of the UK cover. But the locality is set to Netherlands (?) and I can't change it?

Posted: 13 Jan 2006, 10:03
by Mordib
well you have to delete it from your list and add the correct version if it is listed otherwise you have to add it yourself! essentially you have just pulled a record from their database, you cannot change that record as someone else wrote it, even if it is incorrect as it sounds in this case.
Posted: 13 Jan 2006, 10:30
by grim_tales
Bah, I can't actually submit any profiles myself as Profiler doesnt like Hotmail
Thanks BTW

Posted: 13 Jan 2006, 10:48
by Mordib
we can give you a non hotmail acount if you like?
Posted: 13 Jan 2006, 10:49
by Mordib
by we I mean me, the nice me anyway...
Posted: 13 Jan 2006, 13:45
by grim_tales

I wonder if they'd accept it? What other free mail accounts are there apart from Hotmail, Yahoo and the like?

Posted: 13 Jan 2006, 13:59
by Mordib
no i mean I own/run over 30 domains, and it costs me nothing to add a new email account to oneof them. I have no problems giving out accounts to people I know/ have good references from people I know, so that basically includes anyone from this site
the email account would be unexciting, just 5mb of space pop3/webmail account but still...
Posted: 13 Jan 2006, 21:39
by bradavon
THIRTY domains OMG Why?
Or you could sign up to a Wanadoo account Grim and check that online here:
www.fsmail.net
You can get the account here:
https://www.wanadoo.co.uk/signup/noties/
At the end just choose NOT to install the details to your computer or you can get a standard web based Wanadoo account here:
http://webmailregistration.wanadoo.co.u ... etails.jsp
I think this type has a mailbox size limited, the other one doesn't.
Posted: 13 Jan 2006, 21:41
by bradavon
To answer your question the UK DVD is bound to already be there.
p.s - DVD Profiler accepts Yahoo accounts it's what I use. So go to:
http://edit.europe.yahoo.com/config/mail?.intl=uk
Yep on second thoughts that's the best idea. Like Hotmail you can use it all over the world and the interface is much better too (none of the bolocks of remembering to tick "Put in Send Items" :twisted: ).
Posted: 13 Jan 2006, 21:49
by Mordib
bradavon wrote:THIRTY domains OMG Why?
.
because thats my background, i help run 3 different servers including a scrabble site, 2 commercial web design companies (well one commercial and one well meaning

), my full time work sites and my own hobby sites

Posted: 13 Jan 2006, 22:54
by bradavon
Any domains apart from this one we could check out? How much does Bullets cost you btw?
Posted: 13 Jan 2006, 23:29
by Mordib
doesnt cost me anythjing, i already had the space and the bandwidth just sitting there unused.
www.aoy.org.uk is my work site and my baby as the content management system is mine designed from scratch,
www.theripe.com is my home from home. mot sure which other ones would interest you (not sure why those two would interest you but theyeyre my faves

) I have a few sitting around doing nothing, like
www.dvdm8.co.uk and
www.mordib.net.
theres
www.versionindustries.com which is the web design business i helped start up and is now run by my friends currently living in new york, they make some really beautiful award winning sites, though my only real involvement is behind the scnes, i cant claim any credit for the desings.
Posted: 14 Jan 2006, 19:51
by bradavon
*
www.aoy.org.uk - OMG this site is so professional. I didn't know you were that good at web design, top stuff!
*
www.theripe.com - All I get is some weird pop up images, huh?
Good man for not bowing to the 800x600 people as DVD Active have done! I use 1280x1024 but 1024x768 should be the standard now.
Posted: 14 Jan 2006, 21:40
by Mordib
im crap at graphics but as far as coding goes i can get a site to do pretty much anything, im glad the aoy site gets praise, even though most people never see how it works it is my pride and joy, a fully fledged content management system prociding resource libraries, calenders, timesheet system, user management system, forum, and user editable content for the front end all written from scratch by me used by over 600 teachers from around the country.
hell, somewhere i even have a content management system part written for the front end here, alas im not sure it will ever be used
Posted: 14 Jan 2006, 22:41
by bradavon
Mordib wrote:hell, somewhere i even have a content management system part written for the front end here, alas im not sure it will ever be used
I fear not too.
Posted: 15 Jan 2006, 08:48
by gojensen
bradavon wrote:Good man for not bowing to the 800x600 people as DVD Active have done! I use 1280x1024 but 1024x768 should be the standard now.
NO! IT SHOULD NOT! You should NOT design a web space around a set limit of pixels! NO WAY!
Sorry for bursting out like that but

I hate "set" webpages... especially since I'm never on anything less than 1600x1200...
Posted: 15 Jan 2006, 13:55
by bradavon
It can't helped though right? And considering most are on 1024x768 nowadays.
Are you using a CRT or an uber expensive TFT? My TFT doesn't go above 1280x1024. What screen size is your monitor?
Posted: 16 Jan 2006, 01:40
by thelostdragon
My website's statistic says that in the last year, 43.61% were on 1024x768.
32.31% were on 1280x1024.
12.94% were on 800x600.