Is it possible to stop WMP stealing my associations?
Posted: 18 Jun 2006, 00:07
This has REALLY pissed me off for years fucking Microsoft Windows Media Player stealing my associations every time I open it. At least QuickTime asks permission for changing it back!
I like to use WMP6.4 for WMV, ASF, MPG and AVI and WMP11 for MP3, WMA etc . . . but WMP11 just loves ignoring I've unticked Video associations and reticked itself, every time I open it.
Sometimes I have to use WMP11 for ASF and WMV but most of the time I don't want to.
It's infuriating to double click on a video and it opens in the wrong program. Is their a registry hack to turn off WMP11's (or WMP10) automatic revert back?
I like to use WMP6.4 for WMV, ASF, MPG and AVI and WMP11 for MP3, WMA etc . . . but WMP11 just loves ignoring I've unticked Video associations and reticked itself, every time I open it.
Sometimes I have to use WMP11 for ASF and WMV but most of the time I don't want to.
It's infuriating to double click on a video and it opens in the wrong program. Is their a registry hack to turn off WMP11's (or WMP10) automatic revert back?