Page 1 of 1

Windows Media Player 10 CPU usage problem, please help?

Posted: 07 Nov 2006, 21:00
by gasteropod
Hi, it's suddenly using like my whole CPU and stupid amount of memory like 100,000 K. What's that all about? I restarted my laptop hoping it would sort it out, but it just started doing it again.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Posted: 09 Nov 2006, 18:50
by bradavon
All I can suggest is you uninstall (if possible) and re-install it. You may as well go to the better WMP11 now.

I've heard a few reports of (generally speaking) software using to much resources but having not come across it myself it's hard to suggest anything else.

That said a mate's laptops custom touch-pad drivers were using up 100% of the resources which I easily fixed by uninstalling them. Who needs custom mouse drivers anyway, he didn't.

Posted: 09 Nov 2006, 22:44
by gasteropod
Hi, thanks for your help but I sorted it the other night. It turned out that the Media Player thought my media library was somewhere else, so THAT was what was making it use the entirety of my CPU power and memory, I mean, what a stupid fault of the program...