Page 1 of 1
DVD Profiler question
Posted: 20 Nov 2006, 17:58
by grim_tales
I can't add one of my DVDs properly to Profiler
I want to add the Way of the Dragon (Fox R1) that Mark gave me

However, it doesnt seem to have a UPC on the back (?) and I cdan't add it by Disc ID as I have no DVD Drive.
Posted: 20 Nov 2006, 18:33
by bradavon
I find the Disc ID feature is pants. This happens from time to time regarding the UPC not being in the catalogue (I have some Madman titles still not present). You have two options:
1. Wait
2. Add it yourself - I've done this before but it's a pain
Why on earth would WOTD be in the catalogue? It only exists as part of a box set silly.
p.s - What I want to know is when the next version is coming? The current release was released years ago and the Beta has been in Beta for yonks.
Posted: 20 Nov 2006, 18:47
by grim_tales
I'll wait I guess, how can I add it myself without a UPC

Posted: 20 Nov 2006, 19:01
by bradavon
There isn't one on the case period?
You could use the box set one and alter it to suit, it won't be uploaded to the catalogue but will appear in your personal profile.
Yep I'd do that.
Posted: 20 Nov 2006, 19:38
by grim_tales
That's right, there doesnt appear to be one on the case.
Yeah I could alter it in my Profile I guess, but it would mean I couldnt upload anything to Profiler anymore (as the WOTD entry would change too).
Posted: 20 Nov 2006, 20:49
by bradavon
No it wouldn't.
All it means is your profile info differs from the catalogue. They will reject it if you try and alter the catalogue but you're free to put whatever you like in your own profile version.
I've done it for a few where I disagree with the catalogue listing, such as their absurd idea to use the "so called" original name for Foriegn language films such as: SFLV becoming "Chinjeolhan geumjassi". I refuse to call it that as NO ONE bar IMDB does.
When you amend your own profile details it says do you wish to upload this to the catalogue just say No but when you click to upload your own profile it will go with it.
Posted: 20 Nov 2006, 21:03
by grim_tales
Thanks Brad

Posted: 20 Nov 2006, 21:12
by bradavon
No worries, as ever.